Layton Lionisation Excessive

Guest Peeves

It will be literally "broke" based on current cost projections, same as the US Medicare/Medicaid system, which is also "yours" if you are an American as claimed.

Then we have a national debate like we did in 2000. We can agree on more funding like we did in 2000 or something else. Just like US Medicare/Medicaid. Increased revenues isn't a dirty word in this country.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please point out to me where, in your article, it says people are being sent to Canada for care because of the unavailability of care in the U.S.? Thanks. :)

Is that your only problem seriously?

How about this in 2007, 750000 Americans went abroad for health care. I think that stat says enough for me.

Guest American Woman

Which is really defining the argument because many Americans come to Canada for healthcare because they do not have the funds for ACCESS the wonderful American system. Explains why many Americans cross the boarder each year to buy drugs to keep them Alive.

Again when we talk numbers MORE Americans use and get more out of our system then we do theirs.

Wow. A country of 300 million - without universal health care provided by the government - and a country of just 30 million - with health care provided free --- and MORE Americans use and get more out of your system than Canadians do ours? Shocking. :rolleyes: Begs the question why ANY Canadians would be coming to the U.S. for care being that they can get such good care for free, but again, we are discussing Canadians being sent to the U.S. for care that's not available in Canada.

So again. And this is the key. The Americans you refer to aren't SENT to Canada for care that isn't available here. They CHOOSE to go to Canada - which is a different issue from your country having to send people to the States for care - because it's unavailable in Canada.

Which is really defining the argument because many Americans come to Canada for healthcare because they do not have the funds for ACCESS the wonderful American system. Explains why many Americans cross the boarder each year to buy drugs to keep them Alive.

Where do most of those drugs come from? Who paid for the R&D? (third time asked)

Again when we talk numbers MORE Americans use and get more out of our system then we do theirs.

Wrong....more Canadians actually travel for minor and major medical procedures than do Americans going to Canada. Drugs can be purchased by post.

So again. And this is the key. The Americans you refer to aren't SENT to Canada for care that isn't available here. They CHOOSE to go to Canada - which is a different issue from your country having to send people to the States for care - because it's unavailable in Canada.

Keep pounding this point home....they don't like it one bit! ;)

Wow. A country of 300 million - without universal health care provided by the government - and a country of just 30 million - with health care provided free --- and MORE Americans use and get more out of your system than Canadians do ours? Shocking. :rolleyes: Begs the question why ANY Canadians would be coming to the U.S. for care being that they can get such good care for free, but again, we are discussing Canadians being sent to the U.S. for care that's not available in Canada.

Americans are never sent anywhere. There is no government involvement in Health care down there. However insurance companies send people aboard all the time. In fact in 2008 1.5 MILLION US citizens got health care outside of their country and not because they lived somewhere else but because they seeked it out or were sent there by their insurance company. JUST LIKE CANADA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32474107/ns/health-health_care/t/insurers-explore-savings-overseas-care/

Truth hurts.

Edited by punked

Americans are never sent anywhere. There is no government involvement in Health care down there.

False...the US state and federal government have several programs that require such "involvement"....no need to go to Canada as a matter of policy.

However insurance companies send people aboard all the time. In fact in 2008 1.5 MILLION US citizens got health care outside of their country and not because they lived somewhere else but because they seeked it out or were sent there by their insurance company. JUST LIKE CANADA.

That is not the government...like in Canada!

Guest American Woman

Is that your only problem seriously?

How about this in 2007, 750000 Americans went abroad for health care. I think that stat says enough for me.

I'm sure it does - since you apparently have a complete inability to stay on topic.

So yes, since that is the issue, that is my "problem."

We are talking about Canadians being sent to the U.S. because Canada does not have the health care/facilities available. There is no such problem in the U.S. We don't have such a "safety net." That is the issue. That speaks of Canada's health care system. As it relies on the very nation whose health care is constantly criticized by many a Canadian.

You could put the needed money into your own health care system instead of relying on ours - but rather than spend that money, your system depends on ours.

I'm sure it does - since you apparently have a complete inability to stay on topic.

So yes, since that is the issue, that is my "problem."

We are talking about Canadians being sent to the U.S. because Canada does not have the health care/facilities available. There is no such problem in the U.S. We don't have such a "safety net." That is the issue. That speaks of Canada's health care system. As it relies on the very nation whose health care is constantly criticized by many a Canadian.

You could put the needed money into your own health care system instead of relying on ours - but rather than spend that money, your system depends on ours.

Your point is moot. If you guys closed your medical system to us tomorrow, we would be just fine. That is a fact.

Guest American Woman

Your point is moot. If you guys closed your medical system to us tomorrow, we would be just fine. That is a fact.

Wow. No, that is not a fact. All of those Canadians who have been sent to the U.S. - who are being sent to the U.S. because of lack of available care/facilities - would not be "just fine." Seriously. Why do you think they are/were sent to the U.S.??

I know for a fact that cancer care has improved quite a bit since year 2000. Many new facilities have been built, which gave us additional radiation machines and other related resources. This was all part of a strategy developed almost a decade earlier, designed to meet a forecasted increase in demand.

http://www.cancercare.on.ca/ocs/wait-times/wthighlights/

Also, there is a cancer treatment centre in Windsor, Ontario. It has been there for many many years. Not sure how long but I visited it in about year 1989, and it was already well established.

Third, seems to me quite a few Americans have benefited from buying their prescription drugs in Canada, where they could be legally purchased at much cheaper rates. Then I remember some US Senators trying to make that illegal for Americans to do. They even lied and said Canadian made medications can't be trusted to be the same quality as the ones they could buy in the US. It sounded like protectionism to me.

Wow. No, that is not a fact. All of those Canadians who have been sent to the U.S. - who are being sent to the U.S. because of lack of available care/facilities - would not be "just fine." Seriously. Why do you think they are/were sent to the U.S.??

You have no idea or perspective. Of all medical procedures done only around .5% of Canadians getting healthcare is in the us and almost all of those are from Canadians who live or were traveling in the US. Fact is your country is a next exporter of healthcare. In 2008 1.5 Million Americans left their country for Health care while only 80,000 people went to the use for Healthcare. That is some model you got there.

Not even close....Canada even relies on Americans for their blood bank inventory. Remember that fiasco?

Neo-natal care is severely lacking beds and patients are sent to the "States".

Third, seems to me quite a few Americans have benefited from buying their prescription drugs in Canada, where they could be legally purchased at much cheaper rates. Then I remember some US Senators trying to make that illegal for Americans to do. They even lied and said Canadian made medications can't be trusted to be the same quality as the ones they could buy in the US. It sounded like protectionism to me.

Do Canadians manufacture or import most of these pharmaceuticals? If imported, from whom?

Do Canadians manufacture or import most of these pharmaceuticals? If imported, from whom?

Q: Who makes Canada's generic drugs?

A: The generic manufacturing companies are independent Canadian companies who research, develop and manufacture drugs in Canada. They employ sophisticated scientific and advanced manufacturing technology to develop products, which include generic pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, innovative medicines, non-prescription and private label medications.

http://www.canadiangenerics.ca/en/resources/generic_drugs.asp

Show me some numbers.

Numbers? Sure, but what about the pain...the hurt...the humanity!

Mothers in British Columbia are having a baby boom, but it's the United States that has to deliver, and that has some proud Canadians blasting their highly touted government healthcare system.

"I'm a born-bred Canadian, as well as my daughter and son, and I'm ashamed," Jill Irvine told FOX News. Irvine's daughter, Carri Ash, is one of at least 40 mothers or their babies who've been airlifted from British Columbia to the U.S. this year because Canadian hospitals didn't have room for the preemies in their neonatal units.

My link

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman

You have no idea or perspective. Of all medical procedures done only around .5% of Canadians getting healthcare is in the us and almost all of those are from Canadians who live or were traveling in the US. Fact is your country is a next exporter of healthcare. In 2008 1.5 Million Americans left their country for Health care while only 80,000 people went to the use for Healthcare. That is some model you got there.

Once again, you are totally off subject. It's like the weather is being discussed and you keep bringing up the color of grass ...........

Guest American Woman

They even lied and said Canadian made medications can't be trusted to be the same quality as the ones they could buy in the US.

That's not a lie. Canada doesn't have to abide by FDA guidelines.

Numbers? Sure, but what about the pain...the hurt...the humanity!

Mothers in British Columbia are having a baby boom, but it's the United States that has to deliver, and that has some proud Canadians blasting their highly touted government healthcare system.

"I'm a born-bred Canadian, as well as my daughter and son, and I'm ashamed," Jill Irvine told FOX News. Irvine's daughter, Carri Ash, is one of at least 40 mothers or their babies who've been airlifted from British Columbia to the U.S. this year because Canadian hospitals didn't have room for the preemies in their neonatal units.

My link

Wow from 4 years ago. Go ahead close your boarders we will send those mothers to NS, it is just closer for the families to go the US.