The End Of Immigration

Would you care to give us some examples of this history? Preferably recent history...

From the publics point of view and supposedly the public governs the government - Canadian immigration has always been based on humanitarian grounds and never for economic reasons. Unless you consider hiring a nanny or toilet bowl cleaner that is an immigrant. Then it becomes economic after the fact. You can use the idea that immigrants will do the jobs that established Canadians do not want to do - what jobs are we talking about here? I could have sworn that most of those jobs have been sent to where the immigrants came from - odd :rolleyes:

Unless you consider hiring a nanny or toilet bowl cleaner that is an immigrant. Then it becomes economic after the fact. You can use the idea that immigrants will do the jobs that established Canadians do not want to do - what jobs are we talking about here? I could have sworn that most of those jobs have been sent to where the immigrants came from - odd :rolleyes:

Canadians will do any job. Canadians will lick toilets clean for a living provided the job is properly compensated. Bringing in a mass of immigrants lowers the remuneration of certain types of jobs to the point where only the desperate, ie, newcomers without skills or contacts, will take them.

Canadians will do any job. Canadians will lick toilets clean for a living provided the job is properly compensated. Bringing in a mass of immigrants lowers the remuneration of certain types of jobs to the point where only the desperate, ie, newcomers without skills or contacts, will take them.

You are correct - even my kid will hang on to the side of a ten story building...and work..BUT they pay him well - He will clean your toilet also - but not for free. This buisness about handing out 100 resume`s...in hope of landing a manufacturing job is simply nuts. Not long ago the average lower middle class white Canadian kid could stroll through an industrial park - talk to a boss - and be working the next day - those jobs are gone...so is the simple and direct method of hunting for a job - which consisted of a person knocking on a door - meeting eye to eye - and shaking hands...I don't like the new world methods..they are bureacratic and only assist in the employment of parasites that get in the way of real workers.

And how old would be considered recent enough? I am asking because, thankfully,. legislation like the those banning Chinese immigrants (to take one example) are a thing from the past.

Something from this generation would be nice. Canada, its people, and its government have changed an awful lot since immigration was liberalized in the late sixties. So I just don't buy that the government is going to jump to placate xenophobia. If they'd been willing to do that we wouldn't have had thirty years non-stop of high immigration.

Something from this generation would be nice. Canada, its people, and its government have changed an awful lot since immigration was liberalized in the late sixties. So I just don't buy that the government is going to jump to placate xenophobia. If they'd been willing to do that we wouldn't have had thirty years non-stop of high immigration.

And I don't believe the government is about to do wholesale ban on immigration, in general or for specific country. I doubt you'll find a lot of people here who believe it's about to do that either. Mind you, stay around long enough and you'll start noticing some people who would the government to do exactly that, though.