The Search For Intelligent Life In The Cosmos

Oleg Bach

Sometimes the answer to the most profound question is found in simplicity. Why does mankind search for planets that might sustain life? Or planets that might have life in existance already? Mostly the search is focused on the discovery of "intelligent" life. It makes one wonder why there is in some this desperate need to find such life. Mankind would not search for something they already had. Why would one look for something that is already in ones possesion? I believe that answer to why we look for intelligent life...is in the fact that we do not have any here on the planet earth. If humanity did have true intelligence and were in a state of so-called on going evolution and progress, there would be strong evidence in existance of that fact.

If and I always use the IF - I were a being from Zorton...and landed here to live out a life - I would leave if I could - seeing that my traveling device is broken and not repairable...It looks like I am stuck with you guys...and simply as an old man put it the other day "get on with it". As we look up and beyound in a search that will never have success - It may be needed thing that we begin to realize that humanity will never find life else where let alone intelligent life and must start to explore the idea of searching for it at home - good luck - You are going to need it!

Intelligent life is the most rare thing in the universe. If it exists at all. Perhaps it's just an idea, like Santa Claus... if we all dressed up and pretended to be Santa Claus every day then there'd be a chance for intelligent life.

If and I always use the IF - I were a being from Zorton...and landed here to live out a life - I would leave if I could - seeing that my traveling device is broken and not repairable...It looks like I am stuck with you guys...

If I came from Zortron and landed here and saw what was going on, I would sterilize. Cleanse and sterilize...

Intelligent life is the most rare thing in the universe. If it exists at all. Perhaps it's just an idea, like Santa Claus... if we all dressed up and pretended to be Santa Claus every day then there'd be a chance for intelligent life.

If I came from Zortron and landed here and saw what was going on, I would sterilize. Cleanse and sterilize...

That is the problem - you would cleanse to the point that there would be no life let alone intelligent life forms. It might be that I simply feel very disappointed in humanity the older I get - for instance the cleansing and the sterilization does take place in the form of war - poverty and abortion - I often wonder if those in control who promoted abortion may have cleared the earth of intelligent life because they simply don't want it around.

When ever there is a revolution or war - they do not get rid of the stupid people - they keep them as slaves - Those that are a bit intelligent or very intelligent are always removed - imporverished or executed. The first thing mankind seems to do in the lust for power and control is attack "intelligensia"...The ones that are aware.

Have to go to the park so the dogs can crap....If there was intelligent life and they were looking down on me...I wonder what they would think as a stooped and picked up shit.....? They would assume that the dog was smart and I was some stupid servant.

Have to go to the park so the dogs can crap....If there was intelligent life and they were looking down on me...I wonder what they would think as a stooped and picked up shit.....? They would assume that the dog was smart and I was some stupid servant.

If they thought in terms of linear cause-and-effect, they might consider the possibility that the production of feces is the purpose of both the dog, and of us.

Hell, for I know it could be true.

When ever there is a revolution or war - they do not get rid of the stupid people - they keep them as slaves - Those that are a bit intelligent or very intelligent are always removed - imporverished or executed. The first thing mankind seems to do in the lust for power and control is attack "intelligensia"...The ones that are aware.

then it a resonable assumption that our government would be safe from extremination...

If they thought in terms of linear cause-and-effect, they might consider the possibility that the production of feces is the purpose of both the dog, and of us.

Hell, for I know it could be true.

That could be the great horrific truth..of human and all of life's imperfections..the fact that all creatures excrete waste product...and I will never know why they call it product. Life forms are not machines of efficient means..the fact that we do not process fuel at 100% is a major breach of angelic perfection. Angels from what I understand are spared the humility of having to shit. No as for the mutts _ it is circumstance of human design that I have to pick up their crap. Urban environs are artifical and in the natural and civilzed world - I would send Max out the door and say - "Max go have a crap in the woods and come back when you are done". Now that is natural - cities are quite creepy when you think of it...animal and man in a realationship amounts to being cell mates.

Then they'd be atheists...

Only atheists stoop and scoop and except it as exceptable - normal people dispise it..but do it because the city is such a place of human concentration that I don't want to step in poop - nor do I allow the idea of kids in the park having to get all stinked up. Atheists - liberals and secular humanists except their lot when it comes to following around and inferiour creature and waiting for the poop to come out so they can bag it...puting crap in a bag is the purpose of liberals...most of whom have never seen an open fire and think that protection of the environment is turning off a light or picking up a wrapper of the dirty soot laden sidewalk.

Intelligent life is the most rare thing in the universe. If it exists at all. Perhaps it's just an idea, like Santa Claus

We dont know that intelligent life is rare. It most likely isnt. Our perspective is incredibly narrow... we are no different than fish in a tank wondering if other fish tanks exist out there somewhere.

Imagine walking up to the edge a gigantic jungle pointing to a plant and than boldy proclaiming its the only one that exists in the whole jungle.

Theres about 100,000,000,000 start just in our own galaxy alone and its likely that theres LOTS of intelligent life.

I always read space science news, so this discussion is timely...

Are We Alone In the Universe? New Analysis Says Maybe

SPACE.com – Tue, Jul 26, 2011

Scientists engaged in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) work under the assumption that there is, in fact, intelligent life out there to be found. A new analysis may crush their optimism.

To calculate the likelihood that they'll make radio contact with extraterrestrials, SETI scientists use what's known as the Drake Equation.

Their optimism relies on one factor in particular: In the equation, the probability of life arising on suitably habitable planets (ones with water, rocky surfaces and atmospheres) is almost always taken to be 100 percent. As the reasoning goes, the same fundamental laws apply to the entire universe, and because those laws engendered the genesis of life on Earth — and relatively early in its history at that — they must readily spawn life elsewhere, too.

But in a new paper published on arXiv.org, astrophysicist David Spiegel at Princeton University and physicist Edwin Turner at the University of Tokyo argue that this thinking is dead wrong. With their new analysis, Spiegel and Turner say they have erased the one Drake factor scientists felt confident about and replaced it with a question mark.

"Although life began on this planet fairly soon after the Earth became habitable, this fact is consistent with … life being arbitrarily rare in the Universe," the authors state. In the paper, they prove this statement mathematically.

"A Bayesian enthusiast of extraterrestrial life should be significantly encouraged by the rapid appearance of life on the early Earth, but cannot be highly confident on that basis," the authors conclude. Our own existence implies very little about how many other times life has arisen.

Indeed. Give these boys long enough to think about it and we'll be right back in the centre of the universe.

If we finally came to the realization that earth is the only place that has life that thinks...and we are truely alone - Would that affirm or not affirm the existance of a GOD? It seems to me that those that are desperate to find life else where are also desperate to dis-prove the existance of GOD...But even the Vatican is not taking any changes - they say that if others exist out there than it's okay and the church will incorporate this possible fact into their belief system. What is striking is that in the book of Geneis..They always speak of God in the plural - as if God is a group of highly creative travelers...

What is really neat is that we are a space ship and we are traveling through time and space...the earth and the sun and our solar system are not static..nor is the universe - as we search for ways of traveling great distances we are all ready doing that...If people only realized that our very existance is an astounding miracle..we might behave better and treat our world and all life here as being sacred..but we don't...which is stupid - hence some reach our for alliens - or a God in hope of finding some intelligence that will save our sorry asses.

then it a resonable assumption that our government would be safe from extremination...

Those who run for public office are never the best nor the smartest - That's the nature and problem with politicos - they are driven by ego and eccentric beliefs that they are smarter than the average..but they are not...so if there was a social upheavel and it went real bad - first thing governments do is get rid of the people who KNOW that the government is dumb - why allow the embarassment when you can simply get rid of it - cos you have the power - the jails - compliant and stupid law enforcement - and a huge number of drones that will march on command.