The right to vote

Mike, after that we can create legislation that forces women to stay home and raise children in proper homes. This will work in two ways: it will stengthen society by giving children a proper family and secondly, women won't be able to dilute the vote because they'll have no official income.

What do you think?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, after that we can create legislation that forces women to stay home and raise children in proper homes. This will work in two ways: it will stengthen society by giving children a proper family and secondly, women won't be able to dilute the vote because they'll have no official income.

What do you think?

The guy is pretty obviously a troll. I realize it's possible that such an incredibly backwards idiotic human being likely exists, but the idea that such a human would exist, claim to have lots of money and be able to turn on a computer is a bridge too far.

The guy is pretty obviously a troll. I realize it's possible that such an incredibly backwards idiotic human being likely exists, but the idea that such a human would exist, claim to have lots of money and be able to turn on a computer is a bridge too far.

Let the adults speak, TB. We're trying to build a nation here. :lol:

What do you think?

No no.

The way it works is that you only vote if you've contributed 60% within the last 5 year period. So if you are raising kids, between jobs, etc. then you can still vote. If you decide you want to sit on disability and no longer work, you will eventually lose your ability to vote.

If you are a BENEFACTOR of the tax contributor (student, civil servant aka welfare recipient), you will not be able to vote. 1/4 of all people who report working at a work place full time will not be able to vote because they're paycheck is paid through tax contributors.

Everyone *CAN* vote for things like Gay Marriage and other silly issues. But when it comes to the money and how it is spent, only the contributors should have a say. Like whether to buy a jet. I don't want them. I highly doubt other tax contributors want them either. We aren't a super power country we don't need these kinds of planes.

Sounds like a good plan.

When we're done with that, anyone that was born in another country, whether a citizen now or not, should not be able to vote either. We can't ever be sure where their loyalties lie.

Stats overwhelmingly show that immigrants are NOT tax contributors and even those coming under our point system for economic reasons (to our economy) are not contributing. The are benefactors of our dollars and we would be asked if we would like to pay for these people to come to our country. The answer would hopefully be NO.

Stats overwhelmingly show that immigrants are NOT tax contributors and even those coming under our point system for economic reasons (to our economy) are not contributing. The are benefactors of our dollars and we would be asked if we would like to pay for these people to come to our country. The answer would hopefully be NO.

Weren't you blathering on earlier about how you don't work, but your wife does?

How about you go get a job before you start lecturing the rest of us on who is a tax contributor and who isn't?

Great. Canada will be just like ancient Greece. I agree. We should take the nation back thousands of years to the way democracy was when it was born.

They CAN vote-----back where they came from.

Is it really too much to ask an immigrant to wait 3 years to vote? that's all the time it takes if they are keen to become Canadians. If they aren't--- who gives a damn if they feel shunned & hard done by.

They'd only miss 2 elections anyway :lol: :lol:

They CAN vote-----back where they came from.

Is it really too much to ask an immigrant to wait 3 years to vote? that's all the time it takes if they are keen to become Canadians. If they aren't--- who gives a damn if they feel shunned & hard done by.

They'd only miss 2 elections anyway :lol: :lol:

If they're a Canadian citizen then that's it. They have the right.

Immigrant bashing is getting a little old.

I thought he was wealthy. The absurd claims of trolls are so hard to keep straight.

*MY HOUSEHOLD* is a tax contributing household. I just did my taxes and owe the gov't $6,200. That $6,200 was NOT from a gov't paycheck. It's from real work in the private sector. Since I am contributor, and most on this forum and Canada do NOT (75% are not), I should have the say in how the money is spent. Not the people who do not contribute to our system.

Hope he maxed his RSP's.

All they do is vote for who their parents or *teachers* tell them to. Gee.. who do you think those people are?

Actually if some of you actually lived around immigrants, you would see them in CAR LOADS bringing the whole family to vote and hijack riding's. The kids just vote what their parents want them to. Usually the most important issue to them is bringing over a relative from another country who is overdue for a surgery. It's very, very important to them.

Sounds like your beef here is with immigrants not with young people. As for voting, plenty of people vote for choices besides their parents. And teachers, seriously? I never gave a damn what my teachers voted. Were you ever young, mikedavid, or have you always been a grouchy old man?

Edited by Bonam

Sounds like a good plan.

When we're done with that, anyone that was born in another country, whether a citizen now or not, should not be able to vote either. We can't ever be sure where their loyalties lie.

They can vote if they are a citizen, living in the country, and a tax contributor. (this eliminates 90% of immigrants)

The can NEVER run for public office of any kind unless they are born on our soil.

Types like myself want to protect Canadians that are less fortunate like single mothers that cannot afford child care. This is what I'm willing to pay for. I'm willing to pay for Canadians on disability or those who are unemployed.

I am NOT willing to pay for an elderly person living in Lebanon to fly back to Canada, stay with a relative while he's here only for his tripe bypass surgery and off he goes back to Lebanon. The NDP and Liberal loves the guy in Lebanon because they are the voting base of those parties.

If you leave the decisions in the hands of the tax payers, you would see a totally different country and WAY better medical system and social welfare system, but ONLY for Canadians. Canada doesn't need immigrants at all. It's all a big sham.

If you leave the decisions in the hands of the tax payers, you would see a totally different country and WAY better medical system and social welfare system, but ONLY for Canadians. Canada doesn't need immigrants at all. It's all a big sham.

Anybody with even a cursory knowledge of the history of democracy over the last two hundred years would know how ludicrous the above statement was. Britain, for instance, wasn't some panacea when only propertied men (those were the taxpayers back then) could vote.

Even if I agreed with your math, the whole notion would push the electoral system back to the early 19th century. Like I said, it's among the dumbest things I've ever read. At the very least it's a tie with Mr. Canada's admiration for Franco's Spain.

There were a lot of great men in office in the nineteenth century.

How many can you think of over the last fifty years?

There were a lot of great men in office in the nineteenth century.

At least so far as Britain goes, many of those great men, like Disraeli and Gladstone, came to power as the electorate was expanding. Gladstone, in particular, is one of the towering giants of reform and liberalism and one of the chief opponents of the kind of government that mikedavid00 seems to be advocating. There are some (and I am among them) who consider Gladstone to have probably been the greatest Prime Minister in the Westminster tradition.

How many can you think of over the last fifty years?

Well, say what you will about Trudeau, he left his mark, and he cast a long shadow.

At least so far as Britain goes, many of those great men, like Disraeli and Gladstone, came to power as the electorate was expanding. Gladstone, in particular, is one of the towering giants of reform and liberalism and one of the chief opponents of the kind of government that mikedavid00 seems to be advocating. There are some (and I am among them) who consider Gladstone to have probably been the greatest Prime Minister in the Westminster tradition.

Well, say what you will about Trudeau, he left his mark, and he cast a long shadow.

Yes, he left his mark, and many of us still have the scars to prove it.

Why? What've they done to earn that right?

I was watching CPAC interview kids on the street and in Colleges and they said they were not voting and dind't care about politics because the issues do NOT AFFECT THEM. It does effect them eventually, but they are too dumb to know that right now.

Ultimately the students are right. They don't understand our economic system, our country, our rules, and they live in a fairly small bubble. They feel the gov't is there to 'give them stuff' because after all, their parents are giving to them and they are growing up under the wing of our institutions. So as children, they like the parties that promise the world. They don't understand what 'low taxes' really mean as they don't understand how much they are really paying right now.

When the kid gets old and tries to enter the work place and get a mortgage or has a divorce and deals with our court systems or tries to get justice, or experiences reverse racism, or the gov't says he's guilty without a trial when he made a simple mistake on his taxes and when he finds out how people working part time calling themselves 'teachers' make huge benefits, pensions, salaries get so much and he gets so little and has to fund their paycheck, THEN he will understand the real Canada which will likely come in his 30's.

Some people though never participate in our economy, sit on disability, and just become political hacks supporting the NDP because they've taken form the tax payer their whole lives.. or they are young and just interested in politics, but since they are young only understand 'I'll give you this'.

That's how children think and the unintelligent. 'Do you want the lollipop, vote for me and I'll give you lollipops'. This is the NDP support base.

I should note that 1 in 4 Canadians are tax contributors. The rest are civil servants, students, children, elderly, and of course, indolents.

@mikedavid00:

Yes. Unfortunately this is yet another thing that parents are failing on terribly. So I guess the government supplied daycare, more commonly called schools, need to do more. Perhaps suspend photography classes and other stuff like that and teach the kids some civics and economics?

I hate being a way out radical here but ..................

It all begins at home with children. Our children must be taught from an early age that voting is important at home with the parents. The lack of younger people voting is a direct result of lack of interest from parents or parents not doing their job as parents and actually parenting.

It all begins at home with children. Our children must be taught from an early age that voting is important at home with the parents. The lack of younger people voting is a direct result of lack of interest from parents or parents not doing their job as parents and actually parenting.

My wife and I have since our kids were very young instilled in them the importance of voting, that it isn't just a right, it is a duty of a citizen in a democracy to cast their ballot. My oldest is voting in her first election next Monday, and was quite thrilled to get her voters card.