Libs getting ride of documents

If there are more scandals, which I think there are, it won't really matter too much if they destroy the papers. With todays technology, it is way too easy to keep a copy for a rainy day. Be it a disgruntled employee, ex-lover of someone with a conscience, evidence will be released once the Liberals get booted. Because it looks like a minority government is going to happen, Harper will dig really deep to find any wrong doing he can to keep the Liberals in check. No scandal is ever truly buried, someone will keep copies to cover their own asses if the crap hits the fan.

if the Liberal feel they will be voted out of power that they will begin to get destroy evidence
Before, it was "shred it". In Watergate, Strachan reported to Dean, "The files are clean."

Now, the fear is e-mails. Does delete really mean delete? Defrag three times. But what about servers? Do they really keep back up copies? How long?

Playfull, good thinking.

Thanx August, politics is a nasty game of cover your own butt no matter who you are or your level of power. I may not agree with everything Harper has to say but I do think he wants to find out exactly what has been going on for 11 years. If Harper finds evidence of anymore scandals or wasted money, then he also keeps the NDP and BQ at bay for a while because they will not really want to look like they are backing a corrupt party. I am definately interested to see if Duceppes theory of the EI surplus being syphoned off goes anywhere. That would really piss me off if that money is gone.