Nation of whimps

PIK

Of course I don't use it, that is not the point

It is entirely the point. You decry censorship in the name of political correctness in the very same sentence in which you practice it. However, as has already been pointed out by myself and others, the rewriting of ''Huckleberry Finn'' has taken place in the United States, not Canada.

It is entirely the point. You decry censorship in the name of political correctness in the very same sentence in which you practice it. However, as has already been pointed out by myself and others, the rewriting of ''Huckleberry Finn'' has taken place in the United States, not Canada.

Wrong. I do not use the word because it is my choice, but again you are missing the point ,changing the book changes the writer point of view. How do people learn if you hide history and that is exactly what you are saying.All it dioes it take the sting away at how bad it was, calling someone a slave does not have the same ignort meaning nigger has. Are you happy now that I used the word. And if you go back you will see where I admitted my mistake on just saying canada. Edited by PIK

So, a 25 year old Dire Straits song serves as the rallying point for conservative phony outrage! Isn't one thread enough? I'm a Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler fan, but maybe it's because I always hated "Money For Nothing" I couldn't care less whether or not someone thinks it needs to be censored now.

So, let's add the latest conservative phony outrage point on the pile - Huck Finn. Are conservatives just trying to shift attention from the violence they are spawning with their outrageous rhetoric? Conservatives who don't bat an eyelash at censorship of information by the government or the military, and attempts to shut down whistleblowers, are going to plant their flag on the right to offend gays and blacks....I think that fact tells us all we need to know about conservative ethics and morality!

Who and how are these people hired. Now I may have stepped over the line on what I said,but you have to admit we are not standing up for canadian law or values, by bending over for everyone. By trying to make accomodate every culture or religion ,it is going to end up nobody is happy. Civil wars have started over less and being a country that has not experiance one yet, and filling up it with cultures that have fought and continue to fight for a 1000 years does nothing for us, did our ancesters not come here and build a great country to get away from all that shit all the old country and its ways. We are going backwards now people and it is only going to get worse if we do not stand up and say enough is enough.

then your problem is with private institutions, not by Canadian Liberal government officials:

The ruling on "Money for Nothing" was done by the CBSC, a private-sector self-regulating organization set up by the broadcasting industry. The change to Huckleberry Finn is being done by a private-sector publisher in Alabama

No it is not a homer thread ,do you liike seeing this country change this fast, do you like 2 different set of laws ,where you could go to jail but the religious guy gets away with something. You are the perfect example of being a wimp, you have given up on this country, you don't seem to care what happens. My ancesters certainly did not come here to do all the hard work only to see it given away to others that have done nothing for the country. Does it not bother you that someone can just show up and complain about something and we give in so we don't offend that person. Maybe I am wrong and should not be so passionate about my country, just let it go ,let the almighty immigrant have the place, bring in sharia law, and since dalton already tried, we can bet it is not to far away.Hell we might as well be truely biligingual and tell the french you are out mandarin is now the 2nd language. I never like the quebec serpartist ,but now you have to wonder if they are right ,they have no problem standing up for thier culture and thier way of life.

No it is not a homer thread

Pretty sure it is, as the premise of the thread was wrong to begin with right from the outset.

,do you liike seeing this country change this fast,

"This fast?" How fast is this fast, seems the last tiome I looked around it was Canada through and through.Did it get warm overnight, palm trees sprout, everyman dressing in thwab or what?

do you like 2 different set of laws ,where you could go to jail but the religious guy gets away with something.

Well ....No I dont.

But heres the thing. There arent 2 sets, and I wont go to jail , laws are for citizens, religious or not. You're probably confused with entering into religious type adjudications. Why dont you like Jews?

You are the perfect example of being a wimp, you have given up on this country, you don't seem to care what happens.

I am ? I doubt that in all honesty. I actually quite love living here. Afterall, I live in the centre of Canada where everything happens, or it doesnt happen at all.

My ancesters certainly did not come here to do all the hard work only to see it given away to others that have done nothing for the country. Does it not bother you that someone can just show up and complain about something and we give in so we don't offend that person.

It doesnt happen so how can I, or you for that matter, let it bother me/us?

Maybe I am wrong and should not be so passionate about my country, just let it go ,let the almighty immigrant have the place, bring in sharia law, and since dalton already tried, we can bet it is not to far away.Hell we might as well be truely biligingual and tell the french you are out mandarin is now the 2nd language. I never like the quebec serpartist ,but now you have to wonder if they are right ,they have no problem standing up for thier culture and thier way of life.

You are wrong....

-the almighty immigrant has the place, had the place and will inherit the place. Hey, your ancestors, immigrant as they were , got the key to the place and it seems to have turned out ok.Its still clean and look, they washed the towels and stocked the toilet paper.

-Sharia law was never and will never...read never...be the law of this country/province/territory, nor was it ever attempted to be so. Go back and read about Sharia in Ontario

No it is not a homer thread ,do you liike seeing this country change this fast, do you like 2 different set of laws ,where you could go to jail but the religious guy gets away with something. You are the perfect example of being a wimp, you have given up on this country, you don't seem to care what happens. My ancesters certainly did not come here to do all the hard work only to see it given away to others that have done nothing for the country. Does it not bother you that someone can just show up and complain about something and we give in so we don't offend that person. Maybe I am wrong and should not be so passionate about my country, just let it go ,let the almighty immigrant have the place, bring in sharia law, and since dalton already tried, we can bet it is not to far away.Hell we might as well be truely biligingual and tell the french you are out mandarin is now the 2nd language. I never like the quebec serpartist ,but now you have to wonder if they are right ,they have no problem standing up for thier culture and thier way of life.

Lictor?...

Is that you???

Pretty sure it is, as the premise of the thread was wrong to begin with right from the outset.

"This fast?" How fast is this fast, seems the last tiome I looked around it was Canada through and through.Did it get warm overnight, palm trees sprout, everyman dressing in thwab or what?

Well ....No I dont.

But heres the thing. There arent 2 sets, and I wont go to jail , laws are for citizens, religious or not. You're probably confused with entering into religious type adjudications. Why dont you like Jews?

I am ? I doubt that in all honesty. I actually quite love living here. Afterall, I live in the centre of Canada where everything happens, or it doesnt happen at all.

It doesnt happen so how can I, or you for that matter, let it bother me/us?

You are wrong....

-the almighty immigrant has the place, had the place and will inherit the place. Hey, your ancestors, immigrant as they were , got the key to the place and it seems to have turned out ok.Its still clean and look, they washed the towels and stocked the toilet paper.

-Sharia law was never and will never...read never...be the law of this country/province/territory, nor was it ever attempted to be so. Go back and read about Sharia in Ontario

LOL Never say never my friend, it is spreading across europe,britian now has 84 sharia courts, it is coming.

Wrong. I do not use the word because it is my choice

Then it was the choice of the publishers not to use the word, too.

I'm not saying it's at all appropriate to use the term "nigger" in all contexts. But, in this one, it's hypocritical to replace the word in your moan about publishers replacing the word.

Tbf, there is a difference between choosing not to use a word in your own writing and changing the writing of someone else (who is dead and can't do anything about it), even if you are the publisher. (This still has nothing to do with Canada or the Liberal Party though.)

Edited by Evening Star