2010 Vanier Cup Winner

The 46th Vanier Cup will be played on November 27, 2010, at PEPS Stadium in Quebec City, Quebec, and will decide the CIS Football champion for the 2010 season.[1] After winning the Uteck Bowl, the Laval Rouge et Or will get to host the Vanier Cup against the Mitchell Bowl champions, the Calgary Dinos.

....go Dinos!

The 46th Vanier Cup will be played on November 27, 2010, at PEPS Stadium in Quebec City, Quebec, and will decide the CIS Football champion for the 2010 season.[1] After winning the Uteck Bowl, the Laval Rouge et Or will get to host the Vanier Cup against the Mitchell Bowl champions, the Calgary Dinos.

....go Dinos!

I am thinking Laval is taking this and with the program they have put together over the past 12 years, they deserve it everytime they win. It is amazing how dominant Laval as been in the past decade and even more amazing how the popularity of football in QC has had a resurgence that it has.

I am thinking Laval is taking this and with the program they have put together over the past 12 years, they deserve it everytime they win. It is amazing how dominant Laval as been in the past decade and even more amazing how the popularity of football in QC has had a resurgence that it has.

Did you know that there are more kids playing minor football in Quebec than minor hockey???

When I read that I was astounded!!!

I remember during last years Grey Cup,Brian Williams did a piece on first generation Canadian kids playing football way more than hockey because of the cost factor involved....

I can speak from personal experience that this is the case...

Did you know that there are more kids playing minor football in Quebec than minor hockey???

When I read that I was astounded!!!

I remember during last years Grey Cup,Brian Williams did a piece on first generation Canadian kids playing football way more than hockey because of the cost factor involved....

I can speak from personal experience that this is the case...

When I was in school in QC way back in the day, it was almost given that the English schools would not only win the provincial championship, but by 5 or more touchdowns. The only real good games were between the two local English high schools and whoever won those games was usually the provincial champ. However, that has changed quite a bit over the past decades. St. Leonard for instance, despite their blowup this season, have dominated the OFC for years now.

Man, things have changed and think it is awesome that the FR kids have not only caught up, but surpassed. I watched some Laval games and they play a textbook Canadian ball game. Fun to watch.

But I would never have guessed that more kids are playing football in QC than hockey. Sacre-bleu!

It's Laval all the way...not even close:

The Laval Rouge et Or, 29-2 winners over the University of Calgary Dinos in the Vanier Cup for their sixth national title since 1999, are Canadian university football's richest program thanks a wealthy private backer and unparalleled fan and corporate support.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Dinos+coach+concedes+Laval+standard/3894849/story.html#ixzz16XCRvkh6

It's Laval all the way...not even close:

The Laval Rouge et Or, 29-2 winners over the University of Calgary Dinos in the Vanier Cup for their sixth national title since 1999, are Canadian university football's richest program thanks a wealthy private backer and unparalleled fan and corporate support.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Dinos+coach+concedes+Laval+standard/3894849/story.html#ixzz16XCRvkh6

Yep, they modelled their football program like a US college and dominance follows. Some people whine about this, I see kids playing their favourite sport while staying in school. Ontario has had the open door for athletic scholarships for a few years now, but maintain that stiff upper lip tradition. When you get killed in the cold like the Dinos did, I suppose a stiff upper lip comes in handy.

Congrats to Laval. Again.

Edited by Shwa