Conservative MP James Bezan video

I'm a lifelong westerner and I'm insulted by the fake cowboy wannbe's this isn't reality, until I moved to Calgary cowboy hats sightings were as rare as whooping cranes on the praries...even when I was kid ranchers were wearing ballcaps and beginning to use motor cycles to herd cattle now atvs have pretty much replaced the horse except for the diehards who want to live the "image"...the "stereotypical" westerner in cowboy hat with a horse is pure pr bullshit...

if he was sitting on the back of his pickup wearing a ballcap that would be an honest image for a western farmer/rancher...

And I call BS on you, too.

Moved to Calgary from where, Wyly? Obviously not from ranch country, where horses can and do go where ATVs fail to tread.

You'd know all about folks who use horses for work too, wouldn't you, Radsickle--- living as you do a couple of thousand miles from where saddles have horns.

Far be it from me to defend a Tory, but the brand of this criticism is juvenile and much, much more false than the image Bezan is presenting.

Admit it! You're more than smart enough to know that a suave, urbane, highly educated city guy like you insulting a prairie person will guarantee Tory votes! :P

I think most prairie folk are wise enough to notice the smarmy-ness of this political staging.

And Waldo has a good question: Why did James Bezan pull the video?

Is it because it would have become known the horse and hat were supplied by the NRA?! :blink:

You'd know all about folks who use horses for work too, wouldn't you, Radsickle--- living as you do a couple of thousand miles from where saddles have horns.

Far be it from me to defend a Tory, but the brand of this criticism is juvenile and much, much more false than the image Bezan is presenting.

Molly, I'm criticizing the Tory ideology here and their political tactics, I mean no disrespect to those who keep horses but I do know a few farms in my area that also have replaced horses with ATVs... and others that keep horses too.

Edited by Radsickle

What scandal is that? This sounds interesting. Or maybe since it's off topic, you could start a thread on the NRA intruding in Canadian politics to tell us more.

Done. I only provided a link to a side-reference in an article in the Star but I'm sure this will become a larger story in a few days...

Mr. Bezan's wardrobe brought to you by the good ol' folks at the National Rifle Association of Amarica, who'll only let you write down the serial number of their rifle after you take it from their cold, dead hands...

...how friggin' juvenile.