Census 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Ignatieff passed through the Soo on Friday.

The Prime Minister got up some morning in June and he said "I'm going to make Canadians frightened about something they were never frightened of in their lives...the Census taker". So he whipped up this idea that the Census taker, if you refused to answer the Census, they were going to come and take you away in chains and make you break stones in prison.

http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=27725

He does have a way with words. :lol:

I forgot. There is no advantage whatsoever in having statistical data on where Canadians live, where they come from, how mobile they are, what level of education they have

Basic questions like that are part of the short form - not the long form.

Apparently, they're also smarter than every statistician, economist, and public policy director in the country, too.

Not one of whom has even once in all the public discussion regarding this issue succeeded in providing the two pieces of basic information I have long sought.

1. What is the statistical difference in quality between a mandatory and voluntary long form?

2. What are the real world results of this variation in the quality of the statistical data.

Not one of whom has even once in all the public discussion regarding this issue succeeded in providing the two pieces of basic information I have long sought.

1. What is the statistical difference in quality between a mandatory and voluntary long form?

2. What are the real world results of this variation in the quality of the statistical data.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadas-long-form-census-debate/article1647591/

• 3 weeks later...

Remember that statement that Clements made that they had thousands of e-mails about the long form census which turned of to be one and then Clements said one's enough. Well, now its seems they have other e-mails on this for the census and from Tory supporters! http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tories-among-hundreds-of-census-supporters-who-emailed-harper/article1748207/

Remember that statement that Clements made that they had thousands of e-mails about the long form census which turned of to be one and then Clements said one's enough. Well, now its seems they have other e-mails on this for the census and from Tory supporters! http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tories-among-hundreds-of-census-supporters-who-emailed-harper/article1748207/

There is a good transparent government position for you!

Long form census will be dealt the same way long gun registry will be (if the amnesty ever ends).

So it'll become completely useless.

I already have 7 bedrooms and no bathroom :)

And I eat only rice. "Flied lice" that is.

Edited by Saipan