Climate Change Activism Allegedly Equal to Holocaust Heroism

jbg

I was reading some links from my Temple website (link to offending article) and nearly hurled my cookies when I read the linked article, excerpted below. The article treats the Danes' heroism in the rescue of 99% of their Jewish population from the Nazis with their hosting of the UN-sponsored "climate change" circus.

The "climate change" panic is driven by big money and big business. This issue is driven by money and panic, not logic. To place this on this same level as the rescue of the Jews borders on sacrilege. The Danish people were heroic then; there is nothing heroic about this climate farce in Cophenhagen. Perhaps they should "collectively shout out" the need to stop pandering to political correctness.

Excerpts:

Copenhagen 1943 and Copenhagen UN 2009

December 9, 2009

by Rabbi Warren Stone

Temple Emanuel, Kensington, MD

Sixty-six years ago, on October 2, 1943, when Jews were celebrating the High Holidays, Hitler ordered the arrest and deportation of Denmark's 8,000 Jews. Danish Christian citizens were outraged and courageously rescued almost the entire Jewish population. In an act of collective resistance, the Danes ferried their fellow Jewish citizens on small boats across the sea to safety in Sweden. Over 99% of Danish Jews survived the Holocaust.

Today just one day before the world Jewish celebration of Chanukah I returned to the port and remembered the story of the rescue of Danish Jewry. I gave an interview to Denmark's most popular Sunday radio station equivalent to our NPR thanking the Danish people for this act in 1943 and for their sponsoring the COP15 talks. Denmark has been a visionary leader in environmental activism.Today I will take a boat with UN delegates to visit one of their major wind farms. I will also take a moment in reflection and prayer to remember this gravely challenging time in our Jewish history and the courage of the Danish Christians in rescuing the Danish Jews.

During the UN COP, 15 climate talks will be held in the country which displayed such courage on our behalf. So, too, today, may the UN representatives and the many thousands attending the alternative Klimaformum in Copenhagen take the lead to
collectively shout out the need
for the world's rescue against the potential calamity of climate change. As Jews light the Chanukah candles may they symbolize our our world effort and hopeful vision to create a low carbon future for humanity.

How much of a stretch is it really ? If climate change impacts the poorest of the world's poor in the worst way, and we're unwilling to take a 5% hit to GDP in order to save them ?

I feel this way sometimes when I hear media pundits describing this as a plot to rob Americans of their lifestyle. Fox News generally overstates things, and takes a stand of unabashed selfishness.

How much of a stretch is it really ? If climate change impacts the poorest of the world's poor in the worst way, and we're unwilling to take a 5% hit to GDP in order to save them ?
And what if the economic impacts of carbon regulation cause even more deaths? That would make alarmists no better than Mao and his "Great Leap Forward" which killed millions of people.

For me the question is simple: we don't have the technology so CO2 regulation is futile. The only thing we can do is adapt. Any money spent trying to reduce CO2 is money wasted.

Edited by Riverwind

And what if the economic impacts of carbon regulation cause even more deaths? That would make alarmists no better than Mao and his "Great Leap Forward" which killed millions of people.

For me the question is simple: we don't have the technology so CO2 regulation is futile. The only thing we can do is adapt. Any money spent trying to reduce CO2 is money wasted.

I suppose that's true, but it's too much of a stretch for me to imagine that IF coming true.

I'm glad to hear you're interested in paying for adaptation. Does that includes paying for millions of Africans to resettle in cooler parts of the world ? I doubt that the Rush Limbaugh's dittoheads are interested in that option.

I'm glad to hear you're interested in paying for adaptation. Does that includes paying for millions of Africans to resettle in cooler parts of the world?
The best adapation strategy is economic growth and development. Many societies have gone from poverty to wealth in less than 50 years. The africans should be able to do the same and we should do our part by ensuring they have access to our markets. If africans are still unable to take care of their own in 50 years then that is a bridge we will have to cross at that time. Edited by Riverwind

We shouldn't do anything unless India and China are doing something as well. IF they aren't making sacrifices I don't think we should either, very simple.

Canada shouldn't be blackmailed and guilt tripped into doing something. Blackmailed by India and China and countries within Africa.

The Oil Sands are what is keeping Canada afloat atm and you guys want to stop all Oil sands development...lol.

The Oil Sands contribute 1/10th of one percent to the worlds CO2 emissions. Canada as a whole contributes 2% of the worlds co2. Why is everyone picking at Canada?

There are much bigger polluters out there.

The Oil Sands contribute 1/10th of one percent to the worlds CO2 emissions. Canada as a whole contributes 2% of the worlds co2. Why is everyone picking at Canada?
Especially such paragons of environmental virtue as China.

But the point of this thread is the odiousness of the comparison of Danish WW II heroism and their hosting of a corrupt conference.