Flu rage sweeping Canada

How do you convince people to line up for a vaccination they aren't interested in?

Tell them there's a shortage.

it's something we should do every year for the seasonal flu not just for H1N1...many people die every year from flu needlessly because we don't respect how deadly a flu can be...if this Pandemic serves as an education for us then that will be a good thing...I think back over the years and all the times I was really ill with a flu bug and how I could have avoided many of them if I had been vaccinated...

it's something we should do every year for the seasonal flu not just for H1N1...many people die every year from flu needlessly because we don't respect how deadly a flu can be...if this Pandemic serves as an education for us then that will be a good thing...I think back over the years and all the times I was really ill with a flu bug and how I could have avoided many of them if I had been vaccinated...

Nice to see you've come to your senses Wyly.....remember what you said when I pointed out how serious seasonal flu was - killing an average of 4000 per year in Canada - and as it turns out - 200 in Alberta last year?

well than you suck at researching the info is readily available....death toll in Alberta for H1N1 is now 12 at the beginning of flu season, the more common seasonal flu's killed 17 last year in Alberta, the Alberta government is predicting between 120 and 400 deaths from H1N1....testing for H1N1 was so overwhelming H1N1 that they no longer test for it unless it's critical...

After sitting with a couple of vaccine clinic nurses at a fund-raiser this past weekend, there's no way in hell I'd let anyone I care about take the vaccine. People having seizures are a daily occurrence, and the official policy is to NOT report them because that would discourage others. It's getting to the point that some of the nurses are demanding that they not have to inoculate children if they have to man the vaccine stations because they can't handle it when the kids go into seizures when they get the shot.

I was only joking about this in my previous post, but they said they were also told during orientation that there was no shortage of the vaccine at all, that people were only being told that there was in order to increase demand.

The season flu vaccine is different because they are guessing the which flu to make the vaccine against 6 months in advance must times they pick the wrong ones. :(