Terrorism down

The US CREATES terrorism.  It funds organisations like the IRA, ETA and even Al Qaeda.
Cites, please. I have never seen a shred of evidence - not that anti-American bigots ever need actual evidence - that the US ever funded any of those groups. I'd be interested to see your evidence. Though I don't doubt it will consist of wild-eyed, raving loonies on an anti-American, anti-capitalist website.
  An American company funded Al Qaeda.
Name and evidence, please.
And it puts evil dictators INTO power, not just takes them out.  It was the US that put General Pinochet into power.
Evidence? Citation, please.
And the US gave Saddam his WMD's because the US used to be allied to Saddam.
Cite? Evidence?

Whole lot of crap deleted.

Firstly, anyone can make up quotes. I've seen the same on fascist web sites, where they make up quotes alleged to be from Jews. It's a cheap and basic aspect of hate literature practiced by bigots the world over.

Second, people involved in violent work tend to get calous about it. You should hear how cops and ambulance workers can joke around about the headless, disemboweled, cut up bodies they come across in their work - not to mention the violent fights the former get involved in with psychos, junkies and other types. It's a basic defence mechanism to keep from going nuts from all the bloodshed and misery.

As I may not totally agree with the US sending troops into Iraq and I wonder why they still have their troops there.

Because if they left now Iraq would collapse into anarchy and civil war within days.

Hehe, if you look at US history as a whole...Stalin+Hitler are n00bs and angels.. compared to US gvt...
I'm guessing you know even less about history than you do about proper grammar. The US reign as world leader has been fairly mild as compared to their predecessors, such as the British and Spanish. The Soviets certainly set the record for murder and misery in this century. Stating that the Americans were worse only reveals the depths of your hate and ignorance.

I have never seen a shred of evidence - not that anti-American bigots ever need actual evidence - that the US ever funded any of those groups. 

Well, American involvement with Afghanistan's mujahadeen rebels is well-documented. Those same rebels morphed into the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

And it puts evil dictators INTO power, not just takes them out.  It was the US that put General Pinochet into power.

Declassified Documents Relating to the Military Coup, September 11, 1973

These documents include:

** Cables written by U.S. Ambassador Edward Korry after Allende's election, detailing conversations with President Eduardo Frei on how to block the president-elect from being inaugurated. The cables contain detailed descriptions and opinions on the various political forces in Chile, including the Chilean military, the Christian Democrat Party, and the U.S. business community.

** CIA memoranda and reports on "Project FUBELT"--the codename for covert operations to promote a military coup and undermine Allende's government. The documents, including minutes of meetings between Henry Kissinger and CIA officials, CIA cables to its Santiago station, and summaries of covert action in 1970, provide a clear paper trail to the decisions and operations against Allende's government

** National Security Council strategy papers which record efforts to "destabilize" Chile economically, and isolate Allende's government diplomatically, between 1970 and 1973.

** State Department and NSC memoranda and cables after the coup, providing evidence of human rights atrocities under the new military regime led by General Pinochet.

** FBI documents on Operation Condor--the state-sponsored terrorism of the Chilean secret police, DINA. The documents, including summaries of prison letters written by DINA agent Michael Townley, provide evidence on the carbombing assassination of Orlando Letelier and Ronni Moffitt in Washington D.C., and the murder of Chilean General Carlos Prats and his wife in Buenos Aires, among other operations.

Cite? Evidence?

Friends in Deed: The United States and Iraq Before the Persian Gulf War

Interesting response. This report was touted (notably by you) as an indication that the Bush administration's terror war policies were working. Subsequent evidence shows the opposite is true. This is a major mistake, and yet the very same person who trotted the report out in the first place now trie sto dopwnplay its significance and deflect attention elsewhere. To wit:

Desparate for a win Black Dog? So desparate that you have to put words in my mouth? Here is the origional post by me:

Terrorism levels have gone down to their lowest levels in over thirty years. Is this because of the US efforts, or in spite of it?

I only work with the intelligence I get. I, unlike you and others who are simply working on gut feel and hatred I am not sure that the action in Iraq will be sucessful. I am not sure that terrorism will decrease over time, I am also not sure that the dollar will go up against the US $ or what the weather is going to be tommorow. I work with what I get and can find and do not automaticly assume the US is right when something happens. I do notice that you automaticaly assume that they are wrong and that this action in Iraq will fail. 100% certain. I suppose that if wrong, you will simply change your name and post in another or move to a different forum. I, on the other hand guard my comments if you notice, do not utter absolutes on future events as many unknowns can change the prediction. I do not know what the future holds and only a freakin' moron would say that they do. Nothing is certain. Probable yes, possible yes, but certain, no. As for the action in Iraq, we see it from polar opposites. You hate America, see nothing but failure and refuse to acknowledge that sucess is a good possibility.

Aside from that, the first response was one of calling the state department liars rather than looking for an alternate source. I know I tried to confirm it and even said so

Don't know. Far as I am concerned, I saw this and it seemed to make sense. Scince you don't have any different information then guess we will have to accept this report.

Funny how this came out by admission of the State Department themselves and not through any 'dogged reporting' from any of this board right or left. Good thing the state department is honerable, otherwise we would still be in the dark.

BTW, I was probably more surprised than you when I read that report. It was rather hard to believe. Maybe next year it will be true. Of course, you will say that 100% for sure that it will not.

I have never seen a shred of evidence - not that anti-American bigots ever need actual evidence - that the US ever funded any of those groups.

Well, American involvement with Afghanistan's mujahadeen rebels is well-documented. Those same rebels morphed into the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

And how is that the same thing as saying they funded ETA the IRA and Al Quaeda? Aiding a rebel group fighting a Soviet invasion made perfect sense at the time.

And it puts evil dictators INTO power, not just takes them out. It was the US that put General Pinochet into power.

Declassified Documents Relating to the Military Coup, September 11, 1973

This citation says the US did its best to screw up Chile's economy, perhaps that it even wanted his overthrow, but not that it overthrew Allende itself. I don't deny the US was hostile to Allende. But I've seen nothing to definitively indicate they overthrew him.

Salvador Allende

Cite? Evidence?

Friends in Deed: The United States and Iraq Before the Persian Gulf War Sorry, but it says nothing about the US giving him chemical weapons, only that they were aware he was using them. Try again.