Abortion & MEN's rights

Consider Judith Jarvis Thomson's allegory:

"You wake up in the morning and find yourself back-to-back in bed with an unconscious violinist, a famous violinist, who has a fatal kidney ailment. You alone have the right blood type to help and so you have been kidnapped and plugged into the violinist's circulatory system, so that your kidneys can be used to extract poisons from his blood as well as your own. You are told that if you disconnect him he will die. But if you allow him to remain plugged into you for nine months, he will be cured and survive."

Oleg, if he had forced his wife to carry the child to term, would have kidnapped his wife and plugged her into the violinist in this case. Surely, if she had taken the precautions to avoid pregnancy and they had failed, she should not be morally, nor legally, obligated to carry that child to term against her will.

LOL

Round and round we go...

Perhaps the situation would be made clearer to Jerry and Borg and a few others of the "Why shouldn't my financial liability buy use/abuse/risk to your body?" crowd if male orgasm caused hemeroids and a few months of daily nausea.

It is worth noting that one of the women I met on a maternity ward was so thrilled at the birth of her daughter that she was tempted to send the sire a thank-you card, but would not, because she didn't want 'that j***a**' in her own life, and certainly not in her childs life in any ongoing manner. Far better for both of them that he should never know.

So... the use of a womans body is not what your money buys, fellows. What you are purchasing is awareness of your parenthood, and the priveleges that go with that. Some mothers don't want/need your money enough to make even that deal.

LOL

Round and round we go...

Perhaps the situation would be made clearer to Jerry and Borg and a few others of the "Why shouldn't my financial liability buy use/abuse/risk to your body?" crowd if male orgasm caused hemeroids and a few months of daily nausea.

It is worth noting that one of the women I met on a maternity ward was so thrilled at the birth of her daughter that she was tempted to send the sire a thank-you card, but would not, because she didn't want 'that j***a**' in her own life, and certainly not in her childs life in any ongoing manner. Far better for both of them that he should never know.

So... the use of a womans body is not what your money buys, fellows. What you are purchasing is awareness of your parenthood, and the priveleges that go with that. Some mothers don't want/need your money enough to make even that deal.

Priviledges?

Men aren't wired the same as women. Lot's don't live their whole lives consciously or subconsciously desiring to "have a baby" someday.

This is about decision and responsibility plain and simple. If you want full control over the decision, then you should bear full resposibility.

OR you could admit that women biologically are built to breed and therefore when they don't end up earning what men do they could maybe stop feverishly pointing the finger at men and instead blame the true culprit: mother nature.

Logically speaking, you can't have it both ways.

Women need to either take resposibility for their decisions or admit that they are biologically disadvantaged.

OR you could admit that women biologically are built to breed and therefore when they don't end up earning what men do they could maybe stop feverishly pointing the finger at men and instead blame the true culprit: mother nature.

Logically speaking, you can't have it both ways.

Huh? Women Dont earn what men do because they get pregnant? What, pray, has one got to do with the other?

Perhaps, despite biology, if a woman is not pregnant should she earn equal pay for equal work? If she is pregnant and working she should then earn less?

Are you insane?

You speak of mens rights, Jerry.

If a man should have the right to compel a pregnant woman to carry through the pregnancy til birth, Does he also have the right to compel a woman to have an abortion?

No - men that compel a woman to have an abortion have the mental level of a selfish 14 year old boy - it's not that a man comples a woman to carry through till the birth - a better way of putting it is that he supports and loves the woman - woman who are used by men and who are not loved by them in a real way - resent being pregnant and feel trapped by a weasil with no mind and an selfish primative irrection..what woman wants a man like that - or his offspring?

LOL

Round and round we go...

It would seem you believe men have NO rights

Interesting. And something to be remembered the next time I hear about an equality complaint.

As you stated - Round and round we go.

If I have no say I have nothing more to give you than what you wanted and got. It was indeed my pleasure!

Borg

Edited by Borg

It would seem you believe men have NO rights

Interesting. And something to be remembered the next time I hear about an equality complaint.

As you stated - Round and round we go.

If I have no say I have nothing more to give you than what you wanted and got. It was indeed my pleasure!

Borg

Is the sun coming up or is it going down Borg? Lets put our energy towards human rights...when one gets rights and the other does not - whether male or female - rich or poor..then there are no rights for anyone...Men are important and they are human - for eccentric feminists and male power mongers that use females to control society - Men have been relegated to another race other than human - so extreme feminism or the use of it by ill minded males is racism.