Sitting Tories to be automatically renominated

Wild Bill, thanks for the reminder about how Cadman became an independent. I had the privledge of spending the day with him here in Ontario back in the Reform days. We lost some very good candidates when the CA was formed to ethnic tribalism. These instant members disappeared immediately after the election leaving the riding association broke and the old stalwerts picking up the pieces.

We Reformers were true grit fighting up hill battles, but our cause was just. My biggest mistake after the 97 election was to fall into step ,creating the CA. I now feel politically homeless. I am not a TORY. I am still a Reformer.

As an old Reformer ,I at first blush have trouble with this policy. An MP can be good for the leader but maybe a lousey MP for the riding. Yet a good sitting MP `s constituency can be shanghied. Scenario. Say a certain minority group wants to undermine a certain party . They sign up the whole tribe and put in one of their own ,only to put a pretend candidate in who will subvert the party in question.

I am no fan of Harper,but I can live with this if I hold my nose.

I don't have a problem with it unless a sitting MP is an absolute bomb, because I have seen and been involved with a shanghi process in action, it does indeed happen as stated. I've spent hours going over new membership signups etc. heck just ask Art Hanger about that.

Edited by scriblett

Please. I have rarely heard such unsupported claims.

BS. There are many of us that say exactly that. There. Claim supported.

If the Liberals win even a small minority, Canada will revert back to the old "east vs west" even more than it is now. Iggy is another mouthy showman, and nothing more. If this happens, it will still be an eastern government in control of the western colonies.

I think that is an emotional response.

If the Liberals win even a small minority, Canada will revert back to the old "east vs west" even more than it is now. Iggy is another mouthy showman, and nothing more. If this happens, it will still be an eastern government in control of the western colonies.

And real conservatives are happy with Harper now with deficits and the rest of his "liberal " agenda?

Wild Bill, thanks for the reminder about how Cadman became an independent. I had the privledge of spending the day with him here in Ontario back in the Reform days. We lost some very good candidates when the CA was formed to ethnic tribalism. These instant members disappeared immediately after the election leaving the riding association broke and the old stalwerts picking up the pieces.

We Reformers were true grit fighting up hill battles, but our cause was just. My biggest mistake after the 97 election was to fall into step ,creating the CA. I now feel politically homeless. I am not a TORY. I am still a Reformer.

That makes two of us, Muddy! :P

Hydraboss, how did you feel about Manning's idea way back when of ALL of Canada separating from Ottawa?