If an Election were called

mjp

Anther Election so Soon?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably not. Most of my family and friends are well informed enough to know that a prime minister who has the confidence of parliament is entitled to make senate appointments. What really pisses people off the most is that Harper did this after running away from a confidence motion that would have defeated his government. He is not a legitimate prime minister. He is trying to stuff the senate with his cronies when he really lacks the authority to do so. Harper is a coward who ran away from parliament rather than face the consequences of his actions. He ran away like a dog with his tail between his legss, not a male dog either, harper is just a cowardly little bitch.

Harper was well within his rights, in both actions. This means he is astute, nobody's fool. He outsmarted Dion, but Dion isn't the guy he has to deal with anymore. While I admit that his actions were tricks of the trade I would suggest another term for him, but that is just me.

2009 will be a very interesting year for politics in Canada.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper was well within his rights, in both actions. This means he is astute, nobody's fool. He outsmarted Dion, but Dion isn't the guy he has to deal with anymore. While I admit that his actions were tricks of the trade I would suggest another term for him, but that is just me.

2009 will be a very interesting year for politics in Canada.

The Prime Minister already has another term. The question about if an election were called is more about the Minority/Majority that Mr. harper is looking for.

Thus there is public support for his actions, and this is reflected not only in this poll but also official polls. The trick is how do you keep this electoral support, when the public doesn't want an election.

The Prime Minister has stated he wants to govern to fall of 09 and have another election.

2009 will be interesting....

I'm surprised the Con's have'nt tried to parachute John Tory into that riding to get him a seat at Queens Park.I assume the MPP from Halton Hills is is a Con,but I can't remember who he is...It's got to be a right wing kook like Frank Klees or something...

To be fair, the MP in Halton Hills, although a Con, is apparently a good guy by the name of Michael Chong, I think. But Halton itself has been usurped by a Con who was chief of Toronto Port Authority and has no authority as an MP for Halton among people I like. The MP they should have is Garth Turner but he went Independent and lost too much financing to be viable recently.

Dunno who the MPPs are. Don't live there anymore; too much Sprawl and overpriced houses.

Edited by Radsickle