Smoking Gun

Got this E mail from an aquaintence who has just written a book entitled "The Smoking Gun" - Sam Pender.

He talked about Iraq being a series of incidents that all add up to potential for a smoking gun and then concluded it with this -

Now, the specific spark that set it off....okay, I'll leave that for the book, but you'll see some clues by Mon. Hint, they'll be in two very specific and very scary Bin Laden quotes.

Intresting.

Not quite. There are some facts.

I wrote my book 5-7 months ago, and it was accepted by the publisher the day before Saddam was captured (talk about bad timing).  Still everything in it remains accurate and honest.

One of the pics I put in the book is from Sec Powells address to the UNSC.  It shows Illegal Iraqi missiles.  In the Cuban Missile Crisis, the sat pics of Russian missiles with far less capability was considered the smoking gun, grounds for an invasion, and the potential trigger for nuclear war.  Yet, some people with deliberate political agendas, a lack of information (understandable as OIF was the most complex war in history), and/or a geniune fear of reprisal attacks in the post-911 environment...such people dismissed these photos.

Today, found an interesting and reputable site that PROVES Iraq did in fact have illegal missiles (even more than have been found).  The site shows the same sat pics from Sec Powell's UNSC address, and then it shows commercial sat imagery of the same site, the day after the presentation.  What's so special about that?  Well, the day after Sec Powell showed the world that the US did in fact know where at least some of Iraq's illegal WMD were located-them thar sneaky Saddam loyalists were moving the missiles.  Guess you can't trust an enemy, and you can't call 'em lazy.  As soon as the world knew where the missiles were, Iraq stashed 'em, and we still haven't found them today.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/ir...q/al_atheer.htm

Sec Powell's pics presented to the UN:

iraq-powell_10nov02_1.jpg

...and the next day, the Iraqis moved the missiles, stashed them, and we STILL haven't found them.  The"there were no WMD because none were found" argument is wrong, and those with political agendas can be called liars.

dg-al-musayyib_11nov02_15.jpg

Here's another one from Sec Powell:

iraq-powell_10nov02_2.jpg

And immediately after he gave the secret intelligence to the world, the Iraqis stashed their illegal WMD and equipment (note the missile storage containers disappeared the very next day-coincidence?):

dg-al-musayyib_11nov02_16.jpg

It's not an Ann Coulter or Al Franken political rant, but rather an accounting of the claims, exaggerations, and findings in Iraq. I did not write it to sway or change minds but rather to inform and open them. The book is loaded with hundreds of quotes and lots of revealing photos. So far, I've had nothing but positive reaction from people on the left, right, pro, and anti-war sides. There's certainly something for anyone and everyone to disagree with (that is the nature of this conflict), but remarkably, everyone who has read it has told me that they "had no idea about _____." To that end-the objective of informing-I am extremely proud. I dedicated the book, and actually wrote the book in support of the troops-not in support of a political party. I hope you'll take a look at it, consider it, and find something new inside it. That is of critical importance in this election year.

The book is available on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...024007?v=glance

I ordered it today. I just finished reading Chomsky's Hegemony or Survival and am onto Hanity's 'Deliver us From Evil." Beats cartoon humor sites.