NDP candidate quits

jdobbin

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/CanadaV...6796991-cp.html

The New Democratic candidate for West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast has resigned after a newspaper questioned the party about his involvement with a Vancouver store that once sold seeds for coca plants, which contain the alkaloids used to produce cocaine.

Dana Larsen, founder of the Vancouver Seed Bank and past Marijuana party candidate, said he resigned following a discussion with NDP officials Wednesday.

The amount of candidates dropping out due to troubles that should have been spotted early on is a bit of an eye opener.

This is one NDP candidate who went up in smoke.

The amount of candidates dropping out due to troubles that should have been spotted early on is a bit of an eye opener.

It personally disgusts me that Dana Larsen was asked to resign over this. At this point, barring some kind of public announcement from Jack Layton that the NDP is serious about decrim, all it will take for me to switch back to the Liberals is for Dion to announce that a liberal government would move to decriminalize cannabis and order the Police to stop laying cannabis related charges. This can come in tandem with increeased penalties for exporting cannabis, or any other drug to the US. Current "green teams" can be reassigned to border security to keep canadian pot in Canada and US guns in the US.

It is wrong to look at any plant as "bad", coca plants in their natural form are God's creation, as are poppies. Prohibition encourages the production of their more dangerous concentrates cocaine and heroin. The plants themselves and people's use of them( that has gone on since before Christ walked the earth), are NOT criminal by any stretch of the imagination. I am seriously reconsidering how much time I will spend helping out the NDP in this election thanks to the decision to scrap Dana Larsen as a candidate. I don't believe any of Dana's past or present drug use has ever been hidden from the NDP. He was at all the recent conventions with his eNDProhibition booth. I think the voters in sunshine coast should have been given the chance to elect the candidate that they nominated and wanted. Everyone ALREADY knew the extent of Dana's anti-prohibition activism from the beginning, and it was at the request of Dana Larsen and Marc Emery that I left the Liberals to join the NDP in the first place. I suspect there are a lot of under 40's who will feel the same way as I do considering that about half of us smoke cannabis ourselves occasionally. Tons of us switched to liberals from the cons when cretien hinted at decrim. If Dion wants to form a government he better offer an alternative to the conservatives paternalistic war on drugs mentality.

Edited by DrGreenthumb

Hmmmm.... past Majijuana Party candidate... go figure.

Don't matter; Blair Wilson has this one in the bag.

It might have been the LSD and driving that hurt him in the end.

Is he that popular?

He wasn't taking LSD and driving even if thats how the paper made it sound. He was smoking pot and driving, and doing a perfectly fine job of driving too. Like I've said before cannabis does NOT impair and that is what the show was trying to point out. It was an assignment for pot TV to demonstrate that pot does not impair .

He wasn't taking LSD and driving even if thats how the paper made it sound. He was smoking pot and driving, and doing a perfectly fine job of driving too. Like I've said before cannabis does NOT impair and that is what the show was trying to point out. It was an assignment for pot TV to demonstrate that pot does not impair .

Dood. I've smoked the herb, and I wouldn't have wanted to be driving... It impairs just fine thank you very much.

?????????? Did I miss something? Pot clearly does impair

see Erowid site below and quote

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_driving.shtml

"There have been a number of studies which have looked at this issue and most have found that cannabis smoking does degrade driving performance. There is a little contradictory evidence about whether cannabis in combination with alcohol causes worse impairment than alcohol alone, but so far the data heavily favors the view that the combination substantially increases risks over either alone"

He wasn't taking LSD and driving even if thats how the paper made it sound.

That's not how the papers showed it. It was how his own video showed it.

The video he produced showed him taking a few drops of LSD and then driving a car. Did you see it?

Dood. I've smoked the herb, and I wouldn't have wanted to be driving... It impairs just fine thank you very much.

Me too, but "I was so much younger then, I'm older then that now!"

There is a definite limit to how much can be smoked without impairing your driving as there is with how much alcohol you can consume, at least in my experience.

What's more, I would never have even considered toking while driving, anymore than I would have been chugging beers as I drove along.

It's claims like these that hurt the cause.