My Inside Experience With the Green Party

I have been an environmentalist since the age of four years old when my dad taught me how to plant trees. My first nickname was tree doctor. After that it was Froggy.

I painted a huge mural titled Pollution in Grade 13 in 1970 and it hung in the school for many years afterwards.

It graphically depicted 9/11 as well as the world pollution situation today almost exactly.

In 2003 I started investigating the Seaton Land Exchange here in Pickering as well as the Pickering Airport proposal. There was no stone unturned and I wrote a book about it titled THE NORTH PICKERING LAND GRAB.

My research uncovered numerous environmental abuses by all four levels of government connected to the Seaton area and that included some major Criminal Code offences.

The significance of the offences prompted me to involve the RCMP and have them investigate the Ontario Government. They did. But at some point without explanation, they stopped and returned my material. There was nothing wrong with my science and my interpretation of the laws was accurate.

In 2006, I ran for Mayor of Pickering. Part of my reason for running was to expose what my research says is the 20 billion dollar land fraud that Seaton represents. And the Genocide that will follow due to the massive preventable and avoidable increase in air pollution that will chemically injure every person in the eastern GTA and kill thousands annually.

No one disputes the science because it's indisputable.

When I tried to get the Green Party and the Sierra Club and others to recognise my work, the Green Party was not interested and had in any event never heard of the issues despite the fact that the Airport issue had been a big deal since the early 70s and had festered ever since. In Ajax/Pickering, the Airport is an explosive issue. The Sierra Club had heard of it but decided the issues were too big for them to deal with. They actively and intentionally excluded me from support until after their media event and then belatedly apologized when it was too late.

When the Provincial election was held in 2007, I rejoined the Green Party to run in Ajax/Pickering. To make a long story short, my candidacy was sabotaged and as a result, the issues didn't get dealt with on a knowledgeable basis. I ran as an independent.

They eventually fielded candidates in the area who knew almost nothing about the issues and probably still don't since I did the research and they haven't asked for it and it still stands as the benchmark.

As an independent, I had to literally force my way into the debates - and then dominated them since I was the only one present who actually knew first hand what the local issues were.

My experience with the Green Party was that none of them knew anything about the issues facing the Eastern GTA, didn't really want to know and weren't interested in hearing anything outside their comfort zone.

What they were looking for in the way of candidates was not people who knew their stuff. What they wanted were candidates who could be managed.

At the time they were compiling the Green "Manifesto" that turned out to be a monumental compendium of policy that was so big it could not possibly be used by a candidate to achieve anything. It was so big it wasn't ready in time for the election.

I submitted material for it early on and all of it was "lost".

Obviously they were sending me a message. But equally obviously the Greens are run in much the same way as the other parties who I've also observed as to how they are run.

It turned out I was too Green for the Green Party. As Green as the Greens say they are, they are long on rhetoric and extremely short of knowledge, experience and competence.

Elizabeth May knows her stuff, but my experience gave me to believe she is surrounded by buffoons.

Much like other party leaders.

What they were looking for in the way of candidates was not people who knew their stuff. What they wanted were candidates who could be managed.

This can be said about any political party in Canada when you consider how the pm uses confidence votes to his advantage, the power of appointments the prime minister has and much more simply the whip. MPs are very rarely, if ever, allowed any sort of freedom in decision making. When you wave a party's flag, you forfeit the right to make decisions based on your own thoughts and opinions and are forced to make decisions of "the brand".

Edited by cybercoma