How Immigration Policy has Created a "Cultureless" Canada

jbg

What it does do is sideline the majority culture into an 'equal' (read: unequal) position with some rather intolerant, barbaric cultures which we willingly let in here. But, think of all the cool restaurants you can eat at...lol.

I, personally, can't wait for our first Jamacian shoot-out in this town. Maybe some Haitian looting n' rioting. A little Lebanese gang rape. You know you've finally hit the big time, then. The usual EI gangsters are getting a tad dull.

But, wait...that's all our fault for not being culturally sensitive enough. These 'barbaric intolerant cultures' are merely that way due to them being marginalized by certain 'redneck' attitudes. Maybe some more laws to get guys like me to STFU...eh? That'll fix it...that and getting out of Afghanistan and disowning Israel.

:lol::lol:

Its very difficult to figure out what you are saying...

You say Multiculturalism makes the majority culture unequal with the various minority culture's .

Do you mean that without Multiculturalism all cultures, majority and minority, will be equal? No, considering your second paragraph, it seems you don't mean that either.

Perhaps you mean Multiculturalism allows the immigration of people without regard to thier culture; Thus Jamaican gangsta's, Lebanese gang-rapists and Haitian lootiers and rioters are allowed to immigrate along with others from various barbaric cultures.

Have I got that part right?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I got that part right?

Let's just say I'm tired of getting shot at. At least with rampant multiculturalism, there's a chance I'll get shot at by even more exotic gangsters than the ones fighting it out now. How pedestrian it is only having domestic gangs, afterall. No Canadian city is complete without a local chapter of MS-13.

As for not understanding what I'm on about...I've already identified you as being obtuse long ago. Don't add to it.

:lol:

----------------------------------

Bang! Bang!

---Nancy Sinatra

Argus - you still haven't provided A SINGLE FACTUAL SOURCE for any of the claims you've made.

What FACTUAL SOURCE would you be looking for to back up my opinions?

When are you going to prove that "old immigrants were saints / new immigrants are devils?"

I don't believe I've ever made any such suggestion. Perhaps you could point it out to me. Asking me to prove a statement I never made is a bit much, don't you think?

How long are you going to keep ranting?

Perhaps you could point out a statement I made which qualifies as a "rant".

So it's unreasonable of me to deduce that since you're ranting against Multiculturalism in general, and the immigration of non-white, non-Christian immigrants that you'd be opposed to Multiculturalism and non-white, non-Christian immigration?

So anyone who opposes multiculturalism must be "ranting"? Perhaps you could point out where I even spoke about "non-white, non-Christian" immigration, much less ranted about it.

Let's just say I'm tired of getting shot at. At least with rampant multiculturalism, there's a chance I'll get shot at by even more exotic gangsters than the ones fighting it out now. How pedestrian it is only having domestic gangs, afterall. No Canadian city is complete without a local chapter of MS-13.

As for not understanding what I'm on about...I've already identified you as being obtuse long ago. Don't add to it.

Don't add to my obtuseness? I'll add as much obtuseness as I please, but I appreciate the advice thank you .

I try see if I have got what you seem to be saying right and you reply with this claptrap fudging about what you may or may not be saying. And yet you claim that you are in some sort of debate about Multiculturalism. Shall I state your position for you? Perhaps Mark Steyn has another youtube video you can point to as kinda lets just say sorta encapsulates your beliefs.

I don't like getting shot at either. Is anyone asking you, or telling you, that you must put up with being shot at? Has anyone anywhere at any time said gang-rapes by Lebanese people is ok? Or that its ok for Haitians to loot and riot because these things are good in a multicultural society?

Edited by Peter F

Don't add to my obtuseness? I'll add as much obtuseness as I please, but I appreciate the advice thank you .

I try see if I have got what you seem to be saying right and you reply with this claptrap fudging about what you may or may not be saying. And yet you claim that you are in some sort of debate about Multiculturalism. Shall I state your position for you? Perhaps Mark Steyn has another youtube video you can point to as kinda lets just say sorta encapsulates your beliefs.

I don't like getting shot at either. Is anyone asking you, or telling you, that you must put up with being shot at? Has anyone anywhere at any time said gang-rapes by Lebanese people is ok? Or that its ok for Haitians to loot and riot because these things are good in a multicultural society?

Ah...who cares? It's only multiculturalism. No more dangerous an "ism" than any other. Re: Mark Steyn, Douglas Murray. You didn't bother the first time...so why bother now? Just like multiculturalism! No need to discuss anything. I'll be dancing in the field if you need me.

:rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------

Tolerant, but not stupid! Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn't mean you have to approve of it! "Tolerate" means you're just putting up with it! You tolerate a crying child sitting next to you on the airplane or, or you tolerate a bad cold. It can still piss you off!!

---Mr. Garrison: South Park

Ah...who cares? It's only multiculturalism. No more dangerous an "ism" than any other. Re: Mark Steyn, Douglas Murray. You didn't bother the first time...so why bother now? Just like multiculturalism! No need to discuss anything. I'll be dancing in the field if you need me.

:rolleyes:

From your youtube link. My transcript of Mark Steyns words:

To address multiculturalism more broadly what I find fascinating is you take traditionalisms facism nazism communism they are almost by definition ism's designed to provoke an argument

some guy comes up and says Im a fascist, Oh yeah? Well I'm a communist~they're designed to be opositional. Multiculturalism is the slipperiest ism because it doesn't invite an argument, it say's there is no point in having an argument. Basically it says that if everything is of equal value what the hell is the point of talking about any of it. That is what makes it such an elusive enemy to geta hold on.

So Multiculturalism isn't designed to provoke an argument unlike the other three ism's. So M.S. has a hard time getting a handle on it.

Where did he get this silly idea from? What is he talking about by saying that multiculturalism can't be talked about? He's sitting on some sort of panel discussing multiculturalism. Maybe he will explain...

Almost every western country has signed up to full-blown multiculturalism, and I say every western country because its a unique unicultural phenomenon. You can't be multicultural in Saudi Arabia, its impossible. If the purpose of your culture is to celebrate multiculture you're in effect saying that our bedrock belief is that we believe in everything wich is the same thing as saying we believe in nothing, Our core value is that we have no core values and that is what they teach in schools these days.

Really? Multiculturalism means no core values? People are without values if they are multiculturalists? I'm a multicultural lover and I most definately have values. He must have some reason for coming to that conclusion. Now we wait for the reasoning behind two of his statements:

1. Multiculturalism doesn't invite arguments

2. Multiculturalism has no core values

Shall I hold my breath?

I think multiculturalism is two things; Its a cult of ignorance. I said we were all - except for this rebel colonist here - we were all children of the British Empire. I'm old enough to have been taught by old teachers who taught that - who went back to the days where there was a big map in the classroom and the bits were coloured red to mark the British Empire, that was the ultimate red state not like the one's here and that was one serious red state. These guys had spent a couple of years out on the islands teaching the natives about Shakespeare and the glory's of Rome and all the rest of it.They were very clear, they were multicultural in the sense that they knew tons and tons about other cultures. They knew phenomenal things about obscure tribes that nobody else was ever going to hear about. They could speak all kinds of obscure languages that nobody is ever going to speak. Yet, the fact of the matter is, they knew about all these other cultures but they

knew wich culture was objectively superior to that.

OK. Back in the good ol days we all were taught that our British Empire culture was superior to cultures of the people we colonized. Fine. So effing what? Anyways, maybe he will explain why thats an important thing...

3. Multiculturalism is a cult of ignorance (in that it doesn't recognize the superiority of British Empire culture)

Now you don't need to know anything about other cultures. The one thing about multiculturalism it absolves you of knowing anything. You go to people who believe in multiculturalism and say What are the principal exports of Nepal? They can't tell you, cant tell you. You say what is the capital of - A couple of days after September 11th I went to Dartmouth college, I had to look something up in the library there, and outside the library there's a demonstration saying, ynkow, War is never the answer - one of these things, and these guys were standing around - Elites. People mortgage thier houses to send thier kids to this place. They go 'oh, this war's a terrible thing what you best remember is you got to address the root causes and I go 'oh yeah and whats that?" and they go 'well poverty breeds resentment breeds desparation, desparation breeds hostility, hostility breeds -" I said "Oh yeah? Whats the capital of Saudi Arabia?"

Multiculturalism means no one knows the capital of _______ or the GDP of ______ or the main export of ________ ?

WTF is he talking about? What does the capital of Saudi Arabia or the principal exports of Nepal have to do with culture? I take note that MS himself - certainly no multiculturalist - did not fill in those blanks either. I suspect that he, even after his schooling, like me, would have to go to a library to find those answers. Non multiculturists apparently are walking encyclopedias or something.

We still await his reasons for the following suppositions:

3. Multiculturalism is a cult of ignorance

Nobody knows anything. Multiculturalism is not about knowing anything of other cultures, its about feeling warm and fluffy about them. I'm sure every member on this panel has had this experience. You're giving some speach somewhere, you go on some radio show, somebody calls in and they say "Well, I think you're being - I had this experience on NPR the other day - somebody says "well I thinkl you're being very hierartical" I never even knew that was a perjorative word. I said well what do you mean? he said ' well you just said most muslim countries aren't free"

I said "Look, that is a fact. If you take, for example, country's that just that 20 percent of the population is Muslim, only three of them qualify as free. Serbia and Montenegro, Benin and Suriname and it will be interesting to see if France will prosper as a fourth member of that group

And the guy goe's "Well what do you mean it isn't free?" and then you start reeling off objective statistics about Literacy about GDP per capita about women's rights about votes and democracy. These are facts. What we used to call before the multicultural age 'facts'. Y'see you reel off five facts and they go "well thats just you're opinion"

Uh huh. Multiculturalists don't recognize facts. Like Riyad is the Captial of Saudia Arabia? or that it is a Kingdom and not a democracy?

or the GDP of serbia/montenegro is ________? And us multiculturalist lovers say "thats just opinion"? Horeshit!

Of course, some guy called into NPR and said that...so it must be true. Not only that but the Elites protesting outside the library at Dartmouth College were asked what is the capital of Saudi Arabie...I'd best not be holding my breath for rational exposition of his contentions

Ynow Robert Frost famously said of Free Verse that it was like playing tennis with the net down. Discussing cultural reletavism with cultural reletavists is like playing tennis with a guy who says your ace is just a social construct. So that is why it is really the most elusive thing that we have to deal with in our society. It's all but impossible simply because its a denial of reality,

and thus ends his youtube statement.

M.Steyn has said:

4. Multiculturalism is a denial of reality

Well thanks very much for those statements. Too bad MS couldn't somehow contrive to back up the rationale involved in arriving at those conclusions. I suspect its because there is no rationale to them.

I was hoping that you DoP could provide the rationale that leads to those conclusions. But, If it makes you uncomfortable, I understand.

I was hoping that you DoP could provide the rationale that leads to those conclusions. But, If it makes you uncomfortable, I understand.

Well done...but you're still talking about it. Shhhh, now. Least someone hear.

It's pretty simple, again. Multiculturalism doesn't mean immigrants coming to Canada and becoming Canadian. Multiculturalism means immigrants coming to Canada and staying Pakistani or Jamacian or Nigerian or whatever. This is problematic since there are real reasons (not just ones drifting around my 'xenophobic' head) that their countries are in total chaos. Personally, I don't like the idea of parts of Canada becoming defacto parts of other countries. Maybe you do. But I know there are others like me that dislike the idea just as you're sure there are others just like you who support it. No amount of belittlement of my opinion will change that. In fact it only confirms to me that some people are not to be trusted with some of our bigger prizes like freedom of speech...which thanks to HRCs is actually under attack.

I live in a small city, yet there are already urban ghettos where I don't dare tread due to the fact that I'm not welcome and am risking injury in doing so. Call me whatever, but there was a time not so long ago where this simply wasn't the case.

----------------------------------------------------------

People who believe in something will always defeat those who believe in nothing.

---Howard Sutherland

Edited by DogOnPorch

Too bad MS couldn't somehow contrive to back up the rationale involved in arriving at those conclusions. I suspect its because there is no rationale to them.

I believe he had a time limit. You could always email him.

---------------------------------------

What everyone wants from life is continuous and genuine happiness.

---Spinoza

Edited by DogOnPorch

From your youtube link. My transcript of Mark Steyns words:

So Multiculturalism isn't designed to provoke an argument unlike the other three ism's. So M.S. has a hard time getting a handle on it.

Where did he get this silly idea from? What is he talking about by saying that multiculturalism can't be talked about? He's sitting on some sort of panel discussing multiculturalism. Maybe he will explain...

Really? Multiculturalism means no core values? People are without values if they are multiculturalists? I'm a multicultural lover and I most definately have values. He must have some reason for coming to that conclusion. Now we wait for the reasoning behind two of his statements:

Shall I hold my breath?

OK. Back in the good ol days we all were taught that our British Empire culture was superior to cultures of the people we colonized. Fine. So effing what? Anyways, maybe he will explain why thats an important thing...

3. Multiculturalism is a cult of ignorance (in that it doesn't recognize the superiority of British Empire culture)

Multiculturalism means no one knows the capital of _______ or the GDP of ______ or the main export of ________ ?

WTF is he talking about? What does the capital of Saudi Arabia or the principal exports of Nepal have to do with culture? I take note that MS himself - certainly no multiculturalist - did not fill in those blanks either. I suspect that he, even after his schooling, like me, would have to go to a library to find those answers. Non multiculturists apparently are walking encyclopedias or something.

We still await his reasons for the following suppositions:

Uh huh. Multiculturalists don't recognize facts. Like Riyad is the Captial of Saudia Arabia? or that it is a Kingdom and not a democracy?

or the GDP of serbia/montenegro is ________? And us multiculturalist lovers say "thats just opinion"? Horeshit!

Of course, some guy called into NPR and said that...so it must be true. Not only that but the Elites protesting outside the library at Dartmouth College were asked what is the capital of Saudi Arabie...I'd best not be holding my breath for rational exposition of his contentions

and thus ends his youtube statement.

M.Steyn has said:

4. Multiculturalism is a denial of reality

Well thanks very much for those statements. Too bad MS couldn't somehow contrive to back up the rationale involved in arriving at those conclusions. I suspect its because there is no rationale to them.

Wow! I thought my posts were long!

Anyhow, I believe this is known as picking apart someone's model instead of his point.

Anyhow, I believe this is known as picking apart someone's model instead of his point.

Well, one almost would like to see Peter F and Mark Steyn discuss it. I'd pay a buck 'r two and bring popcorn.

----------------------------------------

He who eats with most pleasure is he who least requires sauce.

---Xenophon

Huh? What point?

Here's my argument:

1. he's wrong

2. he's wrong

3. he's wrong

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the level of Mark Steyns point.

Huh? What point?

Here's my argument:

1. he's wrong

2. he's wrong

3. he's wrong

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the level of Mark Steyns point.

Well, there you go. If we can get you to look at World Peace and the hunger situation, I think we got this thing nabbed!

-----------------------------------

Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.

---Euripides

Well, there you go. If we can get you to look at World Peace and the hunger situation, I think we got this thing nabbed!

-----------------------------------

Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.

---Euripides

Hell you don't want me doing that. M Steyn's your man. He can bound around the world telling everyone how inferior thier culture is and why they should all be like him! Its an extremely compelling argument to be told how ignorant, culturally inferior and just generally barbaric people are. He'll win them over in droves.

Hell you don't want me doing that. M Steyn's your man. He can bound around the world telling everyone how inferior thier culture is and why they should all be like him! Its an extremely compelling argument to be told how ignorant, culturally inferior and just generally barbaric people are. He'll win them over in droves.

Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. Canada is nowhere close to the situation in Holland, the UK or France; so it may take some more time before we realize that Canada as we know it/knew it no longer exists.

And yes...some cultures are more superior than others. Some cultures do this, while other cultures do that.

----------------------------------------------------

Any jackass can kick down a barn but it takes a good carpenter to build one.

---President Lyndon B. Johnson

Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. Canada is nowhere close to the situation in Holland, the UK or France; so it may take some more time before we realize that Canada as we know it/knew it no longer exists.

And yes...some cultures are more superior than others. Some cultures do this, while other cultures do that.

Fine. We're of a superior culture. So what? Since when has it been legal to do that in this country. I would suggest it is very illegal to do that? So you see, this multicultural nation actually doe's have values contrary to your contention that it does'nt.

Fine. We're of a superior culture. So what? Since when has it been legal to do that in this country. I would suggest it is very illegal to do that? So you see, this multicultural nation actually doe's have values contrary to your contention that it does'nt.

No honor killings in Canada...no-sir. No genital mutilation, either...I'm sure. No arranged marriages...that'd be wrong.

Our law forbids...lol.

----------------------------------------

The term Ivory Tower originates in the Biblical Song of Solomon, and was later used as an epithet for Mary.

---Wikipedia

No honor killings in Canada...no-sir. No genital mutilation, either...I'm sure. No arranged marriages...that'd be wrong.

Our law forbids...lol.

Yes those things have occurred in our time. Therefor this multicultural country has no moral center; no core values.

Since crimes have occurred from time to time throughout this country's history - even when we were not multicultural and part of the culturaly superior British Empire - this country has never had a moral center or core value's.

So what is Steyn you talking about? What are you talking about?

DoP...have you ever seen M Steyn debate?

For a guy who writes with conviction ....all I can say is "underwhelming" . And thats a compliment.

Sure. His appearance with the 3 sock puppets is indeed a classic. Someone on this site first pointed it out to me. It's quite long but well worth watching Khurrum Awan get all fired up at Steyn for apparently being in the same room...lol.

1}

2}

3}

4}

5}

6}

7}

More passionate opinions come from Pat Condell...

http://www.youtube.com/user/patcondell

His comment section gets tons of death threats...

http://www.patcondell.net/page4/page4.html

Enjoy...lol.

-------------------------------------------

Hi. I'm Pat Condell. I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended. Cheers.

---From Pat Condell's website

Edited by DogOnPorch

Sure. His appearance with the 3 sock puppets is indeed a classic. Someone on this site first pointed it out to me. It's quite long but well worth watching Khurrum Awan get all fired up at Steyn for apparently being in the same room...lol.

That may have been me .

Anyhow, would I be correct in thinking that you felt Steyn held his own?

That may have been me .

Anyhow, would I be correct in thinking that you felt Steyn held his own?

You bet. The three Osgoode law students (sockpuppets) were put to the curb. Even Steve Paikin had to warn them a few times to behave. Mark Steyn was right there...ready to 'debate' but the 3 sockpuppets were caught unawares. They looked like dorks.

Sockpuppets: "He's in the room??? We're not ready!!! He'll yell at us! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Mark Steyn: "Take your time...I'll wait. But, I do have to catch a flight."

That pretty much sums up that diologue on multiculturalism between those two foes.

------------------------------------

What 'multiculturalism' boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture.

---Thomas Sowell

That was a great debate, fun to watch. To tell the truth I was not impressed at all by the law students. Watching them it appears they were basing all their arguments on an emotional basis. That shit just don't fly. It actually looked like they were going to cry more than once, that would have been great, no, really great.

I wonder if that's how they'll approach the law when they're done school? "Your honour, please decide in my favour or I'll be tremendously upset" that should win cases for them, the hell with logic and facts, just introduce hurt feelings.