Are lefties bullies?

The Red Scare was not just paranoia. You should read about Whitaker Chambers and Algar Hiss.

And Joe was right on the mark with many of those accusations, despite the popular assertion that he never found a single communist. De-classfied FBI papers (Venona Papers), and documents from the old USSR have confirmed that many of the people Joe and others were suspicious of at the time were indeed acting as Soviet agents.

There are still lots of stupid artists who dream of a utopia where all will be equal - they do not realize if they have real talent and brains they will be removed in order to create artifical equality..having said that - If the Red Scare was "paranoia" that would mean that there was no master plan to gain some sort of power though fear - THAT - the leading men of that period were dellusional and were sissys.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still lots of stupid artists who dream of a utopia where all will be equal - they do not realize if they have real talent and brains they will be removed in order to create artifical equality..having said that - If the Red Scare was "paranoia" that would mean that there was no master plan to gain some sort of power though fear - THAT - the leading men of that period were dellusional and were sissys.

Um, the leading men of that period were pretty quick to denounce Joe. And he didnt gain much power or popularity from his campaign of trying to expose communists in government.

From the moment he "named names", which was something he did not want to do in the first place, the Democrats and others quickly pounced on him--even though it was they who demanded Joe name names, which he wanted to keep confidential, for lack of evidence.

Um, the leading men of that period were pretty quick to denounce Joe. And he didnt gain much power or popularity from his campaign of trying to expose communists in government.

From the moment he "named names", which was something he did not want to do in the first place, the Democrats and others quickly pounced on him--even though it was they who demanded Joe name names, which he wanted to keep confidential, for lack of evidence.

In other words he was just shooting his mouth off and speculating. Kind of like tossing bread against the wall hoping a slice would stick - I wonder what they would have considered evidence of being a commie sympathizer? Perhaps saying that poor people should be given a bite to eat?

In other words he was just shooting his mouth off and speculating. Kind of like tossing bread against the wall hoping a slice would stick - I wonder what they would have considered evidence of being a commie sympathizer? Perhaps saying that poor people should be given a bite to eat?

No, in other words, he did not want to shoot off his mouth. He had his cases of suspected communists listed by number. The Democracts demanded that he furnish the names, which he said he did not want to do, as not enough evidence had been collected. But they insisted so McCarthy said:

"The Senator from Illinois demanded, loudly, that I furnish all the names. I told him at that time that so far as I was concerned, I thought that would be improper; that I did not have all the information about these individuals. . . .I have enough to convince me that either they are members of the Communist Party or they have given great aid to the Communists: I may be wrong. That is why I said that unless the Senate demanded that I do so, I would not submit this publicly, but I would submit it to any committee - and would let the committee go over these in executive session. It is possible that some of these persons will get a clean bill of health. . . . ”