Smear tactics in Ottawa

There seemed to be a truce, which I observed once you told me about it, until Fortunata started using 'Steve'. Is that fair to say?

Fair enough, you didn't mean 'simmer down' as an order. But why no response when I politely told you that Fortunata broke the truce? Hey a truce is a great thing if the only people allowed to break it are on your side of the aisle.

Yes, I called Dion Stephanie just as many users here called Harper Stevie. When the rules were enforced evenly there was no reason to use that name anymore.

Why use Michael the Martyr? It's clearly directed at me, clearly meant as an insult. Please stop it.

Oh give it a rest Ricki. You always try to play the martyr. Everyone is out to personally attack you, even though you have a history of being one of the biggest bullies on these boards. Boo hoo sorry if I don't fall for it.

Typical bully behaviour, you can dish it out but not take anything even remotely critical without crying.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cadman affair is a perfect example of the Liberals lowering the tone in the House of Commons, and outside.

Now that the RCMP has found that there is no evidence to file charges will there be any apologies from the LPC? Will the three staffers who made the bribery allegations be dealt with? They should, but I don't think anyone will be holding their breathe. Link

No evidence, except Harper admitting they were making Cadman an offer. The rest would be hearsay, since the person who recieved the offer is dead. Kind of convenient.

Still no comment on the smear tactics of the Liberal staffers?

I guess fairness and respect isn't really a two-way street for everybody around here, despite protestations to the opposite. :lol:

OK after skipping making a reply to your previous three posts on this, I have to remind you that Harper is on tape admitting that the CPC was making an offer to Cadman. How is it smear tactics when the Party leader admits they were making an offer to an MP to garner his support for a confidence vote?

When MB came back I welcomed him back via pm. I hadn't seen anyone use forst names in quite some time and the tone around here was better for the most part. I told him that there there seemed to be a truce around that particular issue.

My fault for trying to be nice, it was taken as me ordering him not to do it.

I am really not concerned with who wrecked whose sandbox structures.

No more so than when the Cons were in opposition. The difference is that the Cons still act like an opposition party. Every comment almost has the familiar whine .... but the Liberals....

They need to get a grip and stop acting like a gang of thugs.

You have to admit that the Liberals set the bar pretty low for ethics.

You have to admit that the Liberals set the bar pretty low for ethics.

Liberals and the admit in a sentence, never thought I'd see the day.

Must have been a slow day at the Red Star, for a story like that. They must be running out of fabricated scandels.

OK after skipping making a reply to your previous three posts on this, I have to remind you that Harper is on tape admitting that the CPC was making an offer to Cadman. How is it smear tactics when the Party leader admits they were making an offer to an MP to garner his support for a confidence vote?

Three straight replies, I'm not sure if I should be honoured or feel somehow targeted. Wait that's right, you've had the same quote from a PM in your signature for over a year. That was from the former object of your obsessive tendencies. I guess I'm just your newest object of obsession.

Oh that's right, the first post had to be the personal attack. Sorry forgot about that. :rolleyes:

What exactly was the offer? Don't know if that has ever been proven. That's why the tactics of the three Liberal staffers are libelous.

But I guess your rationale here is to defend the Liberal smear tactics in Ottawa while attacking anything the CPC does.

Hypocrisy! It lost the Liberals the last election, looks like they are sticking with the same game plan. All the better for ensuring the CPC majority next time around. :lol:

Three straight replies, I'm not sure if I should be honoured or feel somehow targeted. Wait that's right, you've had the same quote from a PM in your signature for over a year. That was from the former object of your obsessive tendencies. I guess I'm just your newest object of obsession.

Oh that's right, the first post had to be the personal attack. Sorry forgot about that. :rolleyes:

What exactly was the offer? Don't know if that has ever been proven. That's why the tactics of the three Liberal staffers are libelous.

But I guess your rationale here is to defend the Liberal smear tactics in Ottawa while attacking anything the CPC does.

Hypocrisy! It lost the Liberals the last election, looks like they are sticking with the same game plan. All the better for ensuring the CPC majority next time around. :lol:

You just don't get it.

The Liberals said the CPC offered a bribe to Cadman. Harper says the CPC was going to make Cadman an offer. Just because there is not enough physical evidence to warrant charges, in no way makes what the Liberals said wrong.

No one knows what the offer was, which I think would be a key part of making any case. Who exactly from the CPC made the offer is another big point that I don't think I have ever heard. Still if there is no doubt an offer was made, then it was a bribe. Just because the case falls apart because there is not enough evidence, is no reason to celebrate. The Govt. is still getting ripe.

Oh, and I don't attack everything the CPC govt. does. Within my last 30 posts I have said they "had some good ideas".

You just don't get it.

The Liberals said the CPC offered a bribe to Cadman. Harper says the CPC was going to make Cadman an offer. Just because there is not enough physical evidence to warrant charges, in no way makes what the Liberals said wrong.

No one knows what the offer was, which I think would be a key part of making any case. Who exactly from the CPC made the offer is another big point that I don't think I have ever heard. Still if there is no doubt an offer was made, then it was a bribe. Just because the case falls apart because there is not enough evidence, is no reason to celebrate. The Govt. is still getting ripe.

Oh, and I don't attack everything the CPC govt. does. Within my last 30 posts I have said they "had some good ideas".

RCMP saying the police force had wrapped up its probe and, in consultation with the office of the Ontario attorney general, determined the ”investigation disclosed no evidence to support a charge under the Criminal Code or under the Parliament of Canada Act.”

Looks like the Liberals were wrong, I hope they get their butts handed to them in court over the libel issue.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/National/home

The Liberals said the CPC offered a bribe to Cadman. Harper says the CPC was going to make Cadman an offer.

Ahh, there's the rub. And where the Liberals crossed the line. It is perfectly legitimate for the CPC to have offered to have paid Cadman's campaign expenses. It all depends on the context of the conversation. However, there has never been any proof that those discussions crossed the line to bribery. As such, publicly accusing the CPC of bribery was defamatory.

In law, defamation is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressively stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government or nation.

Was the claim false? Yes.

Did it hurt the reputation of the Government of Canada? Yes.

Should the Liberals fire the staffers who defamed the Prime Minister? Absolutely!

Will Steph show the strength of leadership to do the right thing? Probably not. :lol:

RCMP saying the police force had wrapped up its probe and, in consultation with the office of the Ontario attorney general, determined the ”investigation disclosed no evidence to support a charge under the Criminal Code or under the Parliament of Canada Act.”

Looks like the Liberals were wrong, I hope they get their butts handed to them in court over the libel issue.

The CPC won't win a libel suit. Burdens of proof are different.

Harper said they were going to make him an offer. Besides I don't think the CPC want their dirty laundry aired any time soon. I doubt this goes any further.

The CPC won't win a libel suit. Burdens of proof are different.

Harper said they were going to make him an offer. Besides I don't think the CPC want their dirty laundry aired any time soon. I doubt this goes any further.

We'll see, I hope they get what they originally ask for before the libel suit was launched, otherwise go to court, there is no dirty laundry to be aired here anyway.

No evidence, except Harper admitting they were making Cadman an offer. The rest would be hearsay, since the person who recieved the offer is dead. Kind of convenient.

Yes, I'd like to see Harper answer that question in court.

I hope Harper clears up what the financial incentives are and why Dona Cadman thinks her husband thought it was a bribe.

Yes, I'd like to see Harper answer that question in court.

Why can't you people admit you were wrong or are you incapable?

I'll repost the the artical again read it carefully.

The Conservatives acknowledge that two of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's close confidants met with Cadman, but say they only offered a repayable loan for his local riding association to cover campaign expenses if he rejoined the Tories.

Liberal MP Dominic LeBlanc released a letter Friday from the RCMP saying the police force had wrapped up its probe and, in consultation with the office of the Ontario attorney general, determined the ”investigation disclosed no evidence to support a charge under the Criminal Code or under the Parliament of Canada Act.”

Why can't you admit that Dona Cadman said her husband thought it was a bribe? Surely, you must know that is what his family claimed.

Expenses for the next election weren't mentioned. A $1 million life insurance policy was.

Edited by jdobbin

I have no doubt as to that being what they are claiming now, the Cadmans are saing differently and its not clear on the tape.

Why can't you admit that Dona Cadman said her husband thought it was a bribe? Surely, you must know that is what his family claimed.

Expenses for the next election weren't mentioned. A $1 million life insurance policy was.

I wasn't the one the one proven wrong you were.

I wasn't the one the one proven wrong you were.

I never made the claim. Dona Cadman did. I believed her claim should be investigated by the RCMP. They did. The primary witness to the event is dead. Not enough evidence to lay charges.

The question of what Harper meant with the $1 million insurance policy remains unanswered. Dona Cadman said her husband believed it was a bribe.

The right wing seems to think that the Liberals made all this up. Ask Dona Cadman and her family why they thought it was a bribe. Maybe the Tories should be suing her rather than having her run as a candidate.

Edited by jdobbin

I never made the claim. Dona Cadman did. I believed her claim should be investigated by the RCMP. They did. The primary witness to the event is dead. Not enough evidence to lay charges.

The question of what Harper meant with the $1 million insurance policy remains unanswered. Dona Cadman said her husband believed it was a bribe.

The right wing seems to think that the Liberals made all this up. Ask Dona Cadman and her family why they thought it was a bribe. Maybe the Tories should be suing her rather than having her run as a candidate.

The answers have been given, they satisfy the Cadmans they satisfy the RCMP, the only people they don't satisfy are the liberals and you.

You have been proven wrong, the liberals have been proven wrong.

The answers have been given, they satisfy the Cadmans they satisfy the RCMP, the only people they don't satisfy are the liberals and you.

You have been proven wrong, the liberals have been proven wrong.

The Cadman's said they didn't believe Harper knew about the $1 million policy. The phone call says different and the Cadman's are the ones that said the money was regarded as a bribe.

I'm sorry if the right wing can't get around that idea.

The Cadman's said they didn't believe Harper knew about the $1 million policy. The phone call says different and the Cadman's are the ones that said the money was regarded as a bribe.

I'm sorry if the right wing can't get around that idea.

I'm sorry you can't get your head around the RCMP investigation results. You were wrong and just can't admit it.