Liberals Sit Out Most Votes of Any Party

None of those three were ever in a position to trigger an election. It was easy for them to stand on principa

The Liberals are SCARED :ph34r: , and if they believed in what they say, they WOULD trigger an election.

If they agree with the Government, come out and say so...

The voting record has been atrocious. Luckily for them, nobody really pays attention...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the old saying,"give them enough rope and they hang themselves?" If we had gone to an election last year Canadian wouldn't know about the Cadman affair, the NAFTA affair, the treatment of prisoners affair, and all those other affairs or scandals that have come to lite. As the Libs say, they will have an election when they are ready and not any sooner. Just because Harper was foaming at the mouth to take out Martin, doesn't every party works the same way. Dion seem on today and I think Libs will judge from here on. BTW, the libs asked the finance minister if he truly wants to work with ALL the province he could come up and match Ontario's 17 Mil for the Ford transmission plane that will keep 300 families working. His reply, just run- down Bob Rae as Premier of Ontario. I don't think Ontario is going to support the Cons at election time.

Harper wasnt foaming at the mouth, he simply saw an opportunity to get his party in power and took it, which is exactly what Dion will do. they are both playing the same political games, dont pretend like one has only malicious intent while the other is a white knight.

Who said that party has any convictions?

Yes, I caught that earlier in your previous post. Sorry, I didn't have a reply, cause I thought I would go through history and look for one. (They have other convictions, but thats a different definition)

Score JBG 1 Madmax 0

Taking your point into consideration would mean that if they have no convictions then the only reason to trigger an election is to attain power. Which would clarify the current Liberal horseplay erm houseplay .

But, I would like to say that the fear of an election, not called on their timetable has the LPC very worried and SCARED.

BOO! :ph34r:

After all the wishy-washy leaders.

After all the millions of dollars stolen.

After all the broken promises.

After 13 years of inaction and ineffective majority governments.

People still vote Liberal?

I am ashamed to call myself a Canadian.

The Liberal party could steal a billion dollars, put it in the budget and people would still vote for them.

The CPC are getting more done in a few years with a minority government than the Liberals did in 13 years with a majority.

After all the wishy-washy leaders.

After all the millions of dollars stolen.

After all the broken promises.

After 13 years of inaction and ineffective majority governments.

People still vote Liberal?

I am ashamed to call myself a Canadian.

The CPC are getting more done in a few years with a minority government than the Liberals did in 13 years with a majority.

1) Chretian was not wishy washy, he stared down his own party on numerous occassions.

2) Yup they tooks the monies.

3) It is the Broken Promises (left wing promises, Liberal Promises (Red BOOK) ) that they didn't keep.

4) It is 13 years of inaction with Climate Change, Child Poverty, etc, nothing of concern to CPC members.

5) The Liberals behaved like very effective Fiscal Conservatives at the cost of their Left Wing Base.

6) People will vote Liberal, like people will vote CPC, it's called your base support.

6a) Perhaps you missed the last election, like flyers sent to my mailbox, but the CPC won the last election.

6b) Sounds like a sore winner

7) I am PROUD to be a Canadian. I am never ashamed to call myself a Canadian.

8) The CPC haven't accomplished much in the big picture. Minor things, and recently most of what is going through is with the subservience of the LPC.

People I speak with are very concerned that the budget has been blown and there is little to show for it. (Thus possibly the thought of Flaherty being a "Red Tory")

The Fact that the Liberals are performing this poorly and the fact that the CPC cannot make a breakthrough is because of posts similar to yours with Partisan Rhetorhic that people see through, creates the perception of that the CPC has a dislike of Canada.

The opportunity is that the LPC is virtually paralyzed in Quebec where the money laundering you speak of occurred. Because the People of Quebec were closer to the source, they have taken it far more seriously then other provinces, where ties to the Liberals have been strong.

The Libs were driven out of the West, Similar to Provincial Conservatives being driven out of BC and Sask. The Brand was tarnished but the Conservative Voter still exists. Similar to Social Credit being wiped out of BC and ALberta. They votes simply went elsewhere.

So why the LPC not fully eradicated is a separate issue, and this is what you seem to post that you would prefer happen. That no one vote Liberal. I disagree that Canada is a place for a one party state government. Democracy thrives on differences.

Which gets back to the current state of the LPC. If they are busy agreeing with the CPC in the voting chamber but disagreeing in the debating chamber, you have to wonder, with the LPC folding up its tent, will it cause them the collapse similar to that suffered by John Turner.

Turner was beaten in a debate that has been recorded in history. The knockout punch that formed an opinion.

Dion looks weak whereas turner didn't go into the debate as a weakling. He was strong and he was knocked down.

Harper appears strong, but when push comes to shove, he appears like a pushy shovey schoolchild.

But... What would happen in a Debate between Harper and Dion, or even worse for Dion a debate with Harper and Layton.

Dions Personal numbers down. The opinon supported in this poll that he hasn't the qualities to lead the party, and one wonders.... will the LPC brand make it through an Election?

I would think not, but with the CPC not making breakthrough after years in power, I think this reflects poorly on the state of the current government.

(They have other convictions, but thats a different definition)
You had me spitting my ice coffee all over the computer screen with that one.
Score JBG 1 Madmax 0

Thanks.

Taking your point into consideration would mean that if they have no convictions then the only reason to trigger an election is to attain power. Which would clarify the current Liberal horseplay erm houseplay .

But, I would like to say that the fear of an election, not called on their timetable has the LPC very worried and SCARED.

I agree with you on that one, particularly with their current disarray.