CBC show: the week the women went

blueblood

I personally think hell froze over. A Canadian channel has produced IMO a first rate reality show. So far I haven't seen any over the top behavior, and I want to watch the show to see what happens next. It's also refreshing to see a show where people are civilized and are not acting like buffoons.

CBC has moved up a notch in my book, up to notch one. Looks like I'm eating crow for a little while.

I personally think hell froze over. A Canadian channel has produced IMO a first rate reality show. So far I haven't seen any over the top behavior, and I want to watch the show to see what happens next. It's also refreshing to see a show where people are civilized and are not acting like buffoons.

CBC has moved up a notch in my book, up to notch one. Looks like I'm eating crow for a little while.

The show has had excellent ratings. It is one of several Canadian shows this year that have seen an increase in ratings with the continuing writers strike south of the border. A few Canadians shows have been bought for next season on U.S. TV.

The show has had excellent ratings. It is one of several Canadian shows this year that have seen an increase in ratings with the continuing writers strike south of the border. A few Canadians shows have been bought for next season on U.S. TV.

I personally think that this show should be shown in the U.S. If nothing too over the top happens and it doesn't turn into a cheap gong show, it could be seen as an inspiration to the states that just because you are on TV that doesn't mean you have to be a clown.

I personally think that this show should be shown in the U.S. If nothing too over the top happens and it doesn't turn into a cheap gong show, it could be seen as an inspiration to the states that just because you are on TV that doesn't mean you have to be a clown.

I imagine that the U.S. would buy the idea behind the show and do it in a state like Montana or something like it. Hard to say whether they would sensationalize it or not if they did it.

The Canadian show is playing pretty straight up.

Yah, I kept hearing about this show on the commercials, and it seemed like an interesting idea. Although I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good, because most reality shows are just not reality and they suck. I don't know why most people watch them anyways, I hate them all. The only reality show I've ever enjoyed was a show called "The Mole", I think it was one of the first to start his whole reality trend, and to me I thaught it was really good. Every other reality show, including Survivor and American Idol, just appauled me, and I could never sit through 5 minutes of any of those show, they are so unbearable and seem fake to me. Fortunally, everyone here seems to give this show a good rating, so I guess I watch it next week and see how it goes.

The term "reality TV" was misapplied to many shows that have nothing to do with reality. Lazy TV critics removed any meaning from the term by applying it to any sort of unscripted TV.

Shows like Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Mole (which I also thought was among the best of this genre; too bad it never caught on), Big Brother, and others that have been called "Reality TV" are in fact just elaborate game shows.

My favorite of these game shows has been The Amazing Race. I think that people who watch the Amazing Race might inadvertently learn things about other countries and other people. Something I think is particularly good about the show is that the contestants activities are not confined to the "tourist" stuff in the places they go to. The tasks assigned to the contestants often involve everyday type situations. Sell x amount of fish at the fish market. Find this address and deliver this parcel to the resident. Find this call center employee and deliver this cup of tea. Viewers get to see normal neighborhoods, normal people, normal jobs... aspects of the countries that you don't see on travel TV, or the evening news, or Worldcare Save The Children charity fundraisers. I think The Amazing Race sneakily accomplishes something kind of admirable, without being preachy about it.

-k