What's wrong with Eugenics?

aras

I've read all about the Nazi thing...that's not exactly what I'm talking about.

I knew someone who suffered from a very nasty psychotic mental illness from childhood. It was extremely tough on him and his family. He could not even make simple decisions but his family got him married (I don't know how much he really knew about being married). Now his children are showing signs of the same disease. Shouldn't people like him be prevented from marrying others? By the way, he's in jail for murder.

I don't know him personally but through the friend of a friend. I just feel really bad for his kids and wife. I know the importance of freedom but I also know how it feels to suffer greatly.

I knew someone who suffered from a very nasty psychotic mental illness from childhood. It was extremely tough on him and his family.

----

I don't know him personally but through the friend of a friend.

Hmm, which is it? You knew him or knew OF him.

So this someone you knew or knew of is a convicted murderer. What are you saying? That his kids will turn into murderers?

I don't know what you're fishing for here but I have a feeling you have a specific agenda.

Next!

I don't know what you're fishing for here but I have a feeling you have a specific agenda.
Let's see:

1) Several posts ranting about Isreal

2) A post claiming Isreal was behind 9/11

3) Now a post in favour of eugenics.

For some reason this story sounds like it has been told before....

Edited by Riverwind

So this someone you knew or knew of is a convicted murderer. What are you saying? That his kids will turn into murderers?

Next!

I knew OF him.

Now you talk.

Let's see:

1) Several posts ranting about Isreal

2) A post claiming Isreal was behind 9/11

3) Now a post in favour of eugenics.

For some reason this story sounds like it has been told before....

Really?! Did I say he was a Jew? So if I said I was hungry in one post and I don't like Israel's government in another that means I am want to eat an Israeli?!!!!

Take your medicine and read the post again. You're seeing the word "jew" everywhere aren't you?

We're talking about suffering here and mental illness.

Next!

Next!

I tend to think some aspects of eugenics can be beneficial. With an eye to Theodore Damphryl's (sp) reminder that just because something once got out of hand doesn't mean that its opposite is good, there is something to be said for artificial Darwinism under certain circumstances with severe limitations. Just because Nazis killed mental patients doesn't mean that eugenics is all about nazis and killing people. Just because Nazis killed mental patients and Nazis were bad doesn't mean that the opposite of eugenics is good.

The problem is, as Riverwind said, that you're a little too suspect to spend the time of day talking to about eugenics or anything else remotely connected to nasty history stuff.

Sorry aras, you cannot order me around. I choose if and when I talk, not you.

You just talked you idiot...so apparently I do order you.

Secondly, you were asking me what I meant so I clarified it so that you can say what you thought. Nobody invited you to this thread so get out!

I knew someone who suffered from a very nasty psychotic mental illness from childhood. It was extremely tough on him and his family. He could not even make simple decisions but his family got him married (I don't know how much he really knew about being married).
Autobiography?

I tend to think some aspects of eugenics can be beneficial. With an eye to Theodore Damphryl's (sp) reminder that just because something once got out of hand doesn't mean that its opposite is good, there is something to be said for artificial Darwinism under certain circumstances with severe limitations. Just because Nazis killed mental patients doesn't mean that eugenics is all about nazis and killing people. Just because Nazis killed mental patients and Nazis were bad doesn't mean that the opposite of eugenics is good.

The problem is, as Riverwind said, that you're a little too suspect to spend the time of day talking to about eugenics or anything else remotely connected to nasty history stuff.

I still don't understand why some people want to define me only by my strong and vehement criticism of Israel and US. I am a human being and have many different interests. For instance, I am a movie buff. Did you know that? I enjoy reading and also I enjoy watching Seinfeld immensely (see, he's a Jew, and I watch his show!).

This post is about this person's suffering, his wife and his children's sufferings as well. He is a Pakistani (not a Jew) and lives in US. So will people stop the paranoia. I am categorically against Eugenics used in the sense associated with Nazi. That means I am not assuming that Jews are somehow inherently inferior as people or some b.s. as such. This is about mental illness and suffering....

You just talked you idiot...so apparently I do order you.

Calling me an idiot will not earn you any points and merely exposes your lacking debating skills. I asked you a question in my original post and you failed to reply.

Nobody invited you to this thread so get out!

Oh, so now it's by invitation only. Please send me an RSVP and I'll think about it.

Pompous to the nth degree.

I still don't understand why some people want to define me only by my strong and vehement criticism of Israel and US. I am a human being and have many different interests. For instance, I am a movie buff. Did you know that? I enjoy reading and also I enjoy watching Seinfeld immensely (see, he's a Jew, and I watch his show!).

Well, it's like this. There's nothing wrong with criticizing Israel. I criticize israel for not acting more decisively against the thugs next door, for example. But a lot of people with no doubt coincidentally Muslim names run around "criticizing Israel" while entirely ignoring the facts involved, or better yet embracing made up facts about Israelis. And what most of those people, with no doubt coincidentally Muslim names, really mean is "GawdamnedJoooosrotinhell." That I suppose is why The Protocols of Zion make such good reading in Islamic nations...that and the fact that hardly anyone in Islamic nations actually writes books of their own.

But you know what? Cair uses this tactic of painting oneself as a victim awash in a racist society, and while it may work well for American and canadian elites, don't expect it to work with most Canadians. I'm sure the Taliban would like your help against us infidels. Why not go help the Ummah?

Calling me an idiot will not earn you any points and merely exposes your lacking debating skills.
I agree. It doesn't earn any points.

For me, calling me an idiot is an insult. By IQ levels I'm on the border between being an imbecile or moron, or between 50-60 IQ.

I agree. It doesn't earn any points.

For me, calling me an idiot is an insult. By IQ levels I'm on the border between being an imbecile or moron, or between 50-60 IQ.

Well, I guess your IQ is around 120-130. A lot of you people are pretty smart but refuse to argue with me because you don't think much of me.

Calling me an idiot will not earn you any points and merely exposes your lacking debating skills. I asked you a question in my original post and you failed to reply.

Oh, so now it's by invitation only. Please send me an RSVP and I'll think about it.

Pompous to the nth degree.

Yes, the answer is I worry that his kids will murder others. I also think that his wife is suffering too much and so will his kids. I have a feeling that he would have been turned away had US known that he was so severely mentally ill. Once in US, they couldn't stop him from getting married. I wish I actually knew this person so I could say more about the case.

No he didn't bring up an "interesting topic"--it's among several inflamitory topics that he started to cause s--t and hijack the forum in general. Which is why he is no longer with us.
He actually was a good debater and made many quite solid points.