Toronto Mayors Homeless Initiative

Dropped into the overcrowded and pitiful welfare office to notify them that I was offically homeless. I had an appointment with some "housing person"..She explained to me that - I did not fulfil the criterea for the mayors "initiative" regarding finding a home through social services...I have noticed these days when the word service is attatched to a title it usually means the serve them selves.

The lady who as I waited was having a personal phone call that I listened to frightened me. I would tell this bureacrat was really quite dull - not that it takes much to work in a place like that.. Well she told me something that was interesting - that "couch surfing" was not considered homeless. What she said was that "the program" was designed for those without an address - my reply was that I no longer had an address. She said that in order to qualify - I had to be residing out side..in other words I had to offically become a street person sleeping in an alley or on a heating grate.

I looked at her as said "sorry, but I really don't plan to carry my plight that far" This is Mayor Millers great plan for the homeless - first you have to be so down and out that you can not think straight - half starved and dehydrated...and loony - to loony to come into their office to negotiate proper shelter. You would think that the so-called plan to illeviate homelessness would be more reactive and nip it in the bud..my personal position was the perfect time to do so - but no - I had not fallen low enough. I looked well groomed and dressed and I could articulate - mean while the guy who just got our of jail - started pounding desks and yelling and he left smiling with exactly what he wanted - quote "free money" - nothing is for free -

So in order to get rid of the political embarrassment - they initiate this dullardish plan that be design creates the destitute - looks like an inadvertanly planned mini-geocide to me - There is a paper plaque down town with the names of a hundred dead homeless people- all of them are white - with anglo names - and the odd eastern European name...I guess they did not quite quality fast enough to recieve help - maybe the should have done something before they hit the bricks ...maybe they simply hate the poor. It is as if there is systemic destruction of non-compliant persons in Toronto? Frankly - I have never seen so much poverty in Canada - To create a plan that consists of say to make an analogy - waiting for the patient to develope cancer...let it get sever and THEN give treatment when it is to late.

The system harrassed people into insanity - it breaks them down - then the same system will either medicate them or publicly state via media - "The homeless have mental problems" - or "he was off his medication" - it's like the crook that starts the fire in the theater and sets up a sales table outside to sell bandages and morphine for the pain the survivors are in...the whole thing stinks --- and I did notice at the grand old welfare office - people that if you stripped them down they would be skeletal...to disgard the chidren and grand children of the former workers that built up the country - is a sin....and I hope that those responsible for this betray become ill and perish.

I had not fallen low enough. I looked well groomed and dressed and I could articulate

Why are you homeless then?

Frankly - I have never seen so much poverty in Canada - To create a plan that consists of say to make an analogy - waiting for the patient to develope cancer...let it get sever and THEN give treatment when it is to late.

I don't see it out here. But that is how Canada deals with problems, especially health issues.

to disgard the chidren and grand children of the former workers that built up the country - is a sin....

Are you kidding me???

Canada hasn't had this low of unemployment in decades, everyone is making much more than before. And your telling me the government is doing a disservice to your parents because they treat unemployed people poorly? Your disgracing everyone that worked harder, in poorer conditions for much less by sitting on these forums instead of being out working.

No sir. Those that built this country wouldn't sit on their fat asses while a huge chunk of this country suffers from a labour shortage. Get on a Greyhound and drive out to Ft. Mac. You might be an unskilled idiot, but surely you can swing a hammer for $25-30 an hour.

Freeloading self-entitled lazy people. Your essientially confirming my views of homeless people.

Poverty in Canada, for the healthy, is purely a choice.

and I hope that those responsible for this betray become ill and perish.

Who's going to pay your way then?

Who's going to pay your way then?

That would be the Social Security Fairies who flit around bestowing a nice life upon everyone who so desires it.

I agree, quit bitching, quit playing around with an instrument and go find some employment. This time pay your taxes instead of trying to freeload off other peoples efforts.