How would you feel if.....

Posit

One rabble.ca he would screeched at for being an f---ing white supremacist colonizer a-hole troll for making such a remark, and then banned.

Despite the fact that this forum is largely populated by God-hating, anti-Christians and gay sympathizers, the fact that there is a greater degree of toleration here for people who want to air out their opinions, is refreshing.

haha, good point kengs.

That's a funny question Posit. Are you sure your boss is not my friends dad? He moved here from Iraq, (Iraq to Syria to Jordon to here) in his 30's I think, with limited english speaking skills and eventually starting a trucking company. Now he's doing very very well for himself, he owns tons of trucks, trailers, and trasports for all sorts of companies. You know, when many other people in the industry are people like himself, it's not as hard as you might think to communicate to other people and businesses. And I don't think english speaking skills are as important as people think. I mean if you're responsible with the work you do, really know your stuff, and have the skills, doesn't matter if your english speaking is off or you have a heavy accent. Infact, I would say english speaking skills are more important at the drive thru of Tim Hortons then running a company.

Ok. So your ex-pat Iraqi boss just passed you over for a promotion and gave the job to some 2nd generation East Indian fella named Sanghi. How does THAT make you FEEL?

I find it interesting that you would actually give a name (Sanghi) to this hypothetical "2nd generation East Indian fella"... What gives?

I'm wondering if this isn't in fact poorly masked plee for advice rather than a fairly ineffectual attempt to bait all of us supposed "white supremacists" into another raging flame war. If it is the latter, are we to assume that you just wish to emulate the recent martyrdom of your friend jennie?

Ok. So your ex-pat Iraqi boss just passed you over for a promotion and gave the job to some 2nd generation East Indian fella named Sanghi. How does THAT make you FEEL?

I'm okay. Sanghi and I have been friends for 2 years now and our kids really like playing wit heach other. His wife, Kavita is probably the best cook I know outside of Hydrabad. The only down side is his mother in law, who insists on correcting my english and holding her Oxford education over our heads.....la did da, she would say, telling us about the wonderful lunch she had last week when she was in london, with the Earl of Harwick's wife, Lady Winnifred. We can't Sanghi at least try to take law? She says...looking down her nose at anyone involved withe the press as being lower class.

I'm okay. Sanghi and I have been friends for 2 years now and our kids really like playing wit heach other. His wife, Kavita is probably the best cook I know outside of Hydrabad. The only down side is his mother in law, who insists on correcting my english and holding her Oxford education over our heads.....la did da, she would say, telling us about the wonderful lunch she had last week when she was in london, with the Earl of Harwick's wife, Lady Winnifred. We can't Sanghi at least try to take law? She says...looking down her nose at anyone involved withe the press as being lower class.

I would take then that when a difficult situation comes into your life, you take yourself to fantasy land?

Edited by Posit

Your boss was an ex-patriot Iraqi, with poor English oral skills?

Can he do his job? Does he have the qualifications? Is he a good manager apart from his poor English oral skills? Can he communicate clearly and effectively with his writing skills? Does he comply with the company's policies and procedures? Does he bring value added services to the company? If the answer is yes to most or all of the above, then I would have no problem at all having an ex-pat Iraqi as my boss or client.

In the past, I have worked for as either a direct hire or as a consultant for: English whites, French-Canadians, Indo-Canadians, Greeks, Chinese, (including CBC's, Naturalized, and Foreign Nationals from Taiwan, Hong Kong and China), Americans, Poles, and others. I've worked with and for people who are Christian, Muslim, Hebrew, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh and even a Wiccan. I've dealt with people who's English would make the Queens sound like that of a London Barrel-boy and those who had a hard time ordering fries from Micky-D's. In my experience, none of the above would tell me who was or would be a good or bad boss. I will work with anyone I judge to be a competent professional in my field, regardless of their ethnic or religious background, sexual orientation and gender. Those that I judge to wasting my time and energy, I walk away from. This I have done a number of times again both as a direct hire or as a consultant.

Okay, now you are just sounding like one of those rabid angry white men that call into Rush Limbaugh. I maybe new here, but I tell a troll when I see one, and while you are not suppose to feed trolls, this time I'll bite.

So did this happen to you personally? Doubt it was a religious based promotion considering the majority of East Indians in Canada are Sikh's or Hindu's and your boss being an ex-pat Iraqi would most likely be Muslim and the Sikh's, along with the Hindu's have been warring against the Muslims long before the British Rag in India.

Personally I would ask myself why I was passed over for promotion. What did Sanghi bring to the table that I am lacking? Instead of looking for a reverse-discrimination excuse to soothe my battered ego, I'd be looking for ways to improve my knowledge base and skill sets in order to better my chances the next time a promotion is in the offering. That is how it pretty much works in the real world, sucks I know but there you go.

Edited by Lazarus

One rabble.ca he would screeched at for being an f---ing white supremacist colonizer a-hole troll for making such a remark, and then banned.

Despite the fact that this forum is largely populated by God-hating, anti-Christians and gay sympathizers, the fact that there is a greater degree of toleration here for people who want to air out their opinions, is refreshing.

Who says God has no sense of humour? Oy. Oy. Oy. Oy. And to think he claims I am his relative. Oy. Oy. Oy. Adam. Eve, why did you do this?