Canada worse than Mexico for U.S. border security

Leafless

Post 9/11 evidence indicates that terrorist groups have been operating effectively in Canada by taking advantage of Canada's liberal immigration and political asylum policies and through the largely porous Canadian-American border.

According to an August 2002 report of the Canadian Security Intelligence service (CSIS), "...with the possible exception of the United States, there are more international terrorist organizations active in Canada than anywhere in the world."

According to CSIS, countries from which terrorists originate are prolific. Terrorists from 50 different international terrorist organizations come to Canada masquerading as refugees. Nearly 300,000 immigrants are admitted each year to Canada.

Nice to see how FREE Canada really is.

Why would Canada have any enemies, there all here.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/cover092807.htm

With more in the U.S. according to the report you quote.

What do you suggest we do?

Firstly, I suggest Canada put its cards on the table, on whether or not it has intentions of becoming a mirror image of of third world cultures and lifestyles.

It really makes no sense what Canada is currently doing relating to immigration, breaking away from its status as a Western country with associated Western ideologies.

CSIS has stated: "According to CSIS, countries from which terrorists originate are prolific. Terrorists from 50 different international terrorist organizations come to Canada masquerading as refugees. Nearly 300,000 immigrants are admitted each year to Canada. "

Why would Canada allow so many immigrants into Canada from countries that harbour terrorist organizations which could put at risk its economy that is fully associated with the well being of the U.S. as well as endanger the lives of its own citizens?

What I would do is immediately disallow any type of foreign immigration from third world countries that harbour terrorist and terrorist organizations.

Edited by Leafless

Firstly, I suggest Canada put its cards on the table, on whether or not it has intentions of becoming a mirror image of of third world cultures and lifestyles.

It really makes no sense what Canada is currently doing relating to immigration, breaking away from its status as a Western country with associated Western ideologies.

CSIS has stated: "According to CSIS, countries from which terrorists originate are prolific. Terrorists from 50 different international terrorist organizations come to Canada masquerading as refugees. Nearly 300,000 immigrants are admitted each year to Canada. "

Why would Canada allow so many immigrants into Canada from countries that harbour terrorist organizations which could put at risk its economy that is fully associated with the well being of the U.S. as well as endanger the lives of its own citizens?

What I would do is immediately disallow any type of foreign immigration from third world countries that harbour terrorist and terrorist organizations.

I have no problem going after terrorist individuals and organizations but not every every immigrant is a terrorist or a threat to our economy.

Edited by jdobbin

I said this already in another thread but I will repeat it here again. It is not Canada's job to stop terrorist types from entering the USA. That is the job of the US Border Services. It is their lax security that allows these people into there country. It is Canads job to protect Canada from these types. Most of the terrorists that go to the USA will enter Canada as a tourist and then enter into the USA. only a small number are landed immigrants with Canadian citizenship. I will admit we here need to fast pace the refugee process, as many undesirables can be here for years before we decide to send them back home, and then they appeall for even longer. But that is how our Canadian security works and Canadians are not complaining much. It is the USA who complains and it is not right because it is their own border service that is lax in catching these people. It is only Canada border services that stop and check what is coming into Canada. If too many sneak into the USA from here then the USA needs to beef up its security.

I have no problem going after terrorist individuals and organizations but not every every immigrant is a terrorist or a threat to our economy.

Nevertheless it is an open invitation to terrorist and their supporters. And why should we waste resources hunting them down, while harbouring them a safe haven in Canada, when with the proper immigration this problem would not exist.

It seems Canada refuses to take the proper action when they are identified, as proven recently as paying a suspected terrorist off with millions of dollars and playing up for the release of another to be returned to Canada.

Edited by Leafless

Nevertheless it is an open invitation to terrorist and their supporters. And why should we waste resources hunting them down, while harbouring them a safe haven in Canada, when with the proper immigration this problem would not exist.

It seems Canada refuses to take the proper action when they are identified, as proven recently as paying a suspected terrorist off with millions of dollars and playing up for the release of another to be returned to Canada.

I do think we should expedite deportations. It seems we have been going a better job of that with some criminals. We need to work faster on refugee who come across as obvious economic refugees such as the Mexicans. They should have been refused at the border if they were coming from the U.S.

I'm not sure who you are referring to in the last paragraph.

I do think we should expedite deportations. It seems we have been going a better job of that with some criminals.

I don't think so.

As of April 2003, Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board had a backlog of 53,000 asylum cases. A 2003 report by Canada’s Auditor-General said Canada has lost track of 36,000 people who have been ordered to leave the country over the past six years.

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/001970.html

We need to work faster on refugee who come across as obvious economic refugees such as the Mexicans. They should have been refused at the border if they were coming from the U.S.

I agree but are you actually worried about a handful of Mexicans?

I'm not sure who you are referring to in the last paragraph.

I am not sure it really matters as we all have our own opinions about individuals like Omar khadr and Mahar Arar.

Edited by Leafless

I don't think so.

I agree but are you actually worried about a handful of Mexicans?

We've had a few criminals in Manitoba who have been deported after serving their sentences, a few more about to go. I don't know about your area but it is an improvement around here.

As far as the Mexicans go, I don't really have any fears they are terrorists but Mexicans who claim refugee status coming from the U.S. should be turned back simply because they should make that claim in the U.S.

As far as the Mexicans go, I don't really have any fears they are terrorists but Mexicans who claim refugee status coming from the U.S. should be turned back simply because they should make that claim in the U.S.

My concerns are the cost, as refugees are entitled while their claim is being considered to work permits, welfare payments, housing and health care and deportation orders are seldom carried out for those refugees whose claims are denied.

No need to wonder why our taxes are so high on top of GST & PST and all other hidden taxes.

Judging by the flood of mexicans across the US border, what we are seeing in Canada is the beginning of the same thing. If we don't set up procedures to stop it now, in it's tracks, and become known as a refugee unfreindly country, we're in for a long, painful, and very expensive haul.

Stop it? Since when do we stop refugees?

Judging by the flood of mexicans across the US border, what we are seeing in Canada is the beginning of the same thing. If we don't set up procedures to stop it now, in it's tracks, and become known as a refugee unfreindly country, we're in for a long, painful, and very expensive haul.

One of the main industries for central Ontario is the tourist industry. The big hotels are going begging for people to work for them. They are all bringing in people from other countries to fill the gap, much as the realization that California could not operate without the Mexicans illegal or not. When I go for a coffee or to shop I see maily older women working in these places. So how do we maintain a way of life we have become accustomed too.