Bush And Courage

Hey daniel you wan't to hear some dumb quotes?

"While the rest of the country waves the flag of Americana, we understand we are not part of that. We don't owe America anything - America owes us." -- Al Sharpton at the "State of the Black World Conference" in Atlanta

And some more:

"I think the country could be spared a lot of agony and the government could worry about inflation and a lot of other problems if [Nixon would] go on and resign. [There is] no question that an admission of making false statements to government officials and interfering with the FBI and the CIA is an impeachable offense." -- Bill Clinton on Richard Nixon in 1974

Oh wait he did the same thing.....wait....he didn't resign as nixon did.....

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say." -- Bill Clinton in 1993, Philadeplphia

Great....i wonder why dems. and libs. love this guy....

Oh and another classic

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" -- Bill Clinton on Monica Lewinsky (under oath)

Bush showed patriotism, and had a big morale booster for the troops. Please before libs on these forums were saying he was a wuss for not going to Iraq.

But now that he went it was for a political and poll gain?

which is it?

Nothing is ever good enough for you guys is it?

Danial, have to ask; what do you not understand about this quote?

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know," Rumsfeld said.

"We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

I explain it because you didn't get it and you say;

Of course you right-wingers understand the logic perfectly.

Danial, this is normal logic. You know, 'decision by indecision' and all. You know, stuff you learned in philosophy class taught by a goateed leftist prof. I take it that you must know, and this is merely an unproductive, immature dig such as the language slur by Arnold you also posted, nobody is that stupid on this forum. OK Craig, don't butt in with the obvious.

1. KrustyKidd ,

Here's additional information on Hillary's patriotic Thanksgiving visit "to show respect" for the troops[why are we not surprised?]:

GI reports back that troops in Iraq waited, while Hillary chowed down turkey

U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton forced U.S. troops stationed at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan to wait for their Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday while she and her entourage arrived late, then cut in line and were served first .A soldier who witnessed the scene tells NewsMax: "Thanksgiving Dinner started at 3 p.m. that day, so the line was forming around 2:30 p.m. She didn't show up until around 3:30 p.m. "Once she got there," our source maintains, "Clinton and her entourage bumped everyone in line, forcing them to wait almost an extra hour."The brass at Bagram apparently had a hard time rounding up New Yorkers who wanted to have dinner with Clinton, D-N.Y. Only six GIs responded to an e-mail sent out last week that stated, "Looking for military members from New York and Rhode Island interested in meeting their Senator/Congressman."  People magazine was on hand to cover the event and wanted to interview the troops for reaction to Clinton's visit."But they were getting declined left and right," our source said. "People were actually telling the reporters, 'You don't want to print what I think about her and her visit.'"  After Clinton and her entourage departed, the only topics GIs wanted to talk about were "how great the food was and how fantastic they thought George Bush's visit to Iraq was."

2. Daniel,

a. While you're mocking Rumsfield for a quote he made that was circulated in left wing democrat blogs this past week, why don't you acknowledge the prestigous award won by Rumsfield in the same week? Ummm...looks like other European folks...important folks by the looks of it...understand Rumsfield perfectly well and like what he says. Rumsfield just won a top European award.

U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld Tuesday won the prestigious "non-EU citizen of the year" award at a black-tie gala event in Brussels.
Rumsfield wins top "non-EU citizen of the year" award. Kofi Annan lost to Rumsfield.

Nominees for non-EU citizen of the year award

b. Btw, Daniel, here's the proper source for the Rumsfield/Arnold bashing you forgot to cite...call me a snob, but somehow the "Plain English Campaign on the net" doesn't strike me as being too representative of influential EU opinion.

Foot in the Mouth award by little known UK group of journalists

c. Pity that the "puzzling, scratch your head" comments by the Left's sweetheart, Howard Dean, were not considered for the Foot in the Mouth award:

Back in the U.S.S.R. ...better known as Howard Dean's blooper on national television

On yesterday's "Hardball," Dean was asked by Joseph Nye, dean of Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, what he would do about Iran. Here's what he[Howard Dean] said:

The key, I believe, to Iran, is pressure through the Soviet Union.  The Soviet Union is supplying much of the equipment that Iran I believe mostly likely is using to set itself along the path of developing nuclear weapons. We need to use that leverage with the Soviet Union, and it may require us buying the equipment the Soviet Union was ultimately going to sell to Iran, to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

That's four times Dean mentioned the Soviet Union--a country that hasn't existed for almost 12 years .

• 10 months later...