Canada's achievments

I should add: Canada is free-riding off the U.S. for defense and it is only a matter of time, I think, before the U.S. might want a bit more in return for its service.

I doubt it. More likely, Canada may just not be consulted as much. Think Bush's visits to Ottawa during the Chretien era.

Probably true, I added that because Bush threatened Martin with that last time he was here and I am thinking long term.

It still does not eliminate the fact that Canada has been involved in peacekeeping around the world. Why you would ignore the sacrifices made those men and women and trivialize it as some "Liberal myth" is unfathomable.

It's not really about ignoring the sacrifices made by those who did peace keeping and perhaps it is not a 'Liberal myth" but it is a myth when people maintain that it is the bulk of Canada's military history, which to anyone who studies this country's history, it clearly is not. Unfortunately the role has largely become redundant, there is precious little peace to keep in the world today. Blame that on who you will but it is a fact.

It still does not eliminate the fact that Canada has been involved in peacekeeping around the world. Why you would ignore the sacrifices made those men and women and trivialize it as some "Liberal myth" is unfathomable.

It's not really about ignoring the sacrifices made by those who did peace keeping and perhaps it is not a 'Liberal myth" but it is a myth when people maintain that it is the bulk of Canada's military history, which to anyone who studies this country's history, it clearly is not. Unfortunately the role has largely become redundant, there is precious little peace to keep in the world today. Blame that on who you will but it is a fact.

Yes, that's true. Perhaps it is not a "Liberal myth (I think it is) but call it what you want it's clearly accepted as true and it simply isn't.