Aeons

Strange indeed!

I think there is a lot of confusion about the so-called Age of Aquarius. I think many people believe it has just started recently. It - if you believe in this sort of thing - actually started centuries ago. Oh well!

But a more interesting story about the AOA:

Quite a few years ago there was book written (can't remember the name or author) about the rise of Nazism and why people were often keen to join the Nazi Party/embrace Nazism. The author actually took this to a personal level and interviewed people about their motivations. One interview stands out in particular.

A woman was asked why her son joined the SS. Her reply? "Oh well, it was the Age of Aquarius you know."

Go figure!

My special guy's uncle explained it to me once. Our solar system has moved from a negative field region of the galaxy to a positive field region. Reversals of the earth's magnetic field over the course of geological history show that this has actually happened several times on the course of earth's cosmic journey. Anyway, now that we're in a positive field region of the galaxy, everything will be, well, positive.

He told me all of this in the course of explaining why I should let him sell me hundreds of dollars of magnetic jewelry and shoe-insoles that will improve my health and happiness in miraculous ways.

I opted not to buy his stuff. Perhaps in 50 years when I am dying of some terrible disease, I will look back and wish I'd bought those crappy magnetic bracelets, but I figured that since we're now in a positive region of the galaxy, my death will probably be very peaceful.

-k

I knew I had heard the name 'osiris' (and most certainly Isis) before...something about being related to Ra, the ancient egyptian sun god....then it hit me. Looney Tunes! One episode with Bugs Bunny visiting 'Deepinaharta, Texas', he led a cheer..."Ra, Ra, Isis Boom Bah, Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, Ra Ra Ra!"

As to the age of Aquarius thing, I only recall the Fifth Dimension doing it. Featured in the hippie musical "Hair". Is that the point of the thread, that the 60's are coming back? Groovy... far out. The Fuzz are gonna like, freak out, man.

AWESOME!!!! now i get to sue girls for sexual harrasment!!

(and win)

just joking, if the world is dominated by women, then at least now they have to take us out to dinner. :lol:

as well as the movies, and to the sports stadium, and to the beach and also shopping and down to the fair for rides and spend about $500 in one night only to go home and sleep :blink: ...............

that ought to be fun! :rolleyes: