Toronto Maple Leafs Mathematically Eliminated From Playoffs

Cant wait to see my team match up against edmonton and calgary .

I don't think you are going to like the results at all.......I predict that Vancouver will finish dead last in their divsion. They just hyaven't improved their team enough from last year, and the Sedins -playing first line now- will be exposed as the limp aliens that they are.....

The Oilers are much better up front, and I don't understand the comment that they are too small and not physical enough... Didn't you watch their winning run to the Cuop final last year, playing high speed, violent hockey? Hwo could you miss that ? Since then, they have dumped the uber-weenies Samsonov and Dvorak and replaced them with better - Sykora and tougher/better -Lupul - forwards. Also in the meantime, their core of great young players are just that much better - Greene, Horcoff, Stoll, Hemsky, Torres, Pisani,Lupul etc.

Time will tell, should be an entertaining season.

Back to the Leafs. What the hell happened to Domi (plase don't give me the Belinda story). The guy's a goon but when the rules of engagement changed, he started to score some goals. Why did the Leafs get rid of him? I think I missed this.

Domi scored a few goals two seasons ago when playing on a line with Sundin. In the new NHL the 3rd and fourth lines are populated with up and coming young talent...not aging, overpaid, tough guys that can no longer provide a physical presence. Domi was a hard working player but his lack of physical presence, lack of scoring talent and $2M+ price tag meant he was just wasting a roster spot that could be used to develop a future Leaf.

Cant wait to see my team match up against edmonton and calgary .

I don't think you are going to like the results at all.......I predict that Vancouver will finish dead last in their divsion. They just hyaven't improved their team enough from last year, and the Sedins -playing first line now- will be exposed as the limp aliens that they are.....

The Oilers are much better up front, and I don't understand the comment that they are too small and not physical enough... Didn't you watch their winning run to the Cuop final last year, playing high speed, violent hockey? Hwo could you miss that ? Since then, they have dumped the uber-weenies Samsonov and Dvorak and replaced them with better - Sykora and tougher/better -Lupul - forwards. Also in the meantime, their core of great young players are just that much better - Greene, Horcoff, Stoll, Hemsky, Torres, Pisani,Lupul etc.

Time will tell, should be an entertaining season.

Ya the Sedins were pretty much the top line for the last half of the last season. If it wasnt for them we would have plummeted to the basement with St. Louis. Dominated playing with Carter and now they have Naslund. 3 games in and that line has 12 points combined. This team is way better than last year. Addition by subtraction by dropping Bertuzzi, that guys a bum. Now have one of the top 3 goalies in the league. Defense is about the same as last year. Only problem with it last year was it was riddled with injuries. Take the top three dmen out of any team and see how good they play. Better work ethic so far (got rid of lazy players like Bert, new coach, coming off a horrible seaon) and all looks really good.....gonna be a lot of people surprised what this team can do. Last years team sucked not from a lack of skill but because there were some serious team unity problems, dressing room problems. Dave Nonis made sure to deal away all the problem guys and only bring guys in who dont have a history of being cancers in the locker room. I dont mind if they get underestimated....itll be good for them. Should of won tonight just got to stay out of the penalty box.

Addition by subtraction by dropping Bertuzzi, that guys a bum. Now have one of the top 3 goalies in the league.

Bertuzzi was a big part of the offense 2 and 3 seasons ago. Plus he started this season with a 4 point night. I think he just needed a change of scenery after the incident. I think it will be one of those moves that turns out to be good for both teams.

Addition by subtraction by dropping Bertuzzi, that guys a bum. Now have one of the top 3 goalies in the league.

Bertuzzi was a big part of the offense 2 and 3 seasons ago. Plus he started this season with a 4 point night. I think he just needed a change of scenery after the incident. I think it will be one of those moves that turns out to be good for both teams.

Absolutely, though I think a big grump like Bert is a liability in any dressing room.

Its a contract year he will do pretty good. His one real good season was a contract year. I personally just dont like the guy. His attitude blows and his work ethic is horrible. He could be the best player in the league but he loves to take nights off. Not to mention he put a gigantic blackmark on the entire organization with that incident. I love how he followed up his 4 point night by going a minus 3 the next game :) typical Bert.

I saw Sundin having a coffee outside at the Second Cup in Forest Hill on Friday aft...he was with a very attractive and expensive looking blonde.

I thought to myself, With a lady like that, there's somone who won't mind the season ending on time.......

I saw Sundin having a coffee outside at the Second Cup in Forest Hill on Friday aft...he was with a very attractive and expensive looking blonde.

I thought to myself, With a lady like that, there's somone who won't mind the season ending on time.......

depending on how expensive she is he might want to keep busy with work a little longer and get playoff bonuses :)

depending on how expensive she is he might want to keep busy with work a little longer and get playoff bonuses :)

I hope no one misunderstood when I said expensive looking.....

I meant her clothes looked designer label, her make up professionally applied, her hair coiffed with skill and she had personal fitness trainer written all over her gloriously toned 5' 8 body...........

Judging by this thread, maybe Betsy's idea for a miscellaneous forum was a good idea.

Hockey is an absolutely critical provincial issue in Canada, displaying the vicious regional divides between the Stanley Cup contenders in the West (Calgary, Edmonton) and the crapshoot teams of the East (Toronto).

Judging by this thread, maybe Betsy's idea for a miscellaneous forum was a good idea.

Hockey is an absolutely critical provincial issue in Canada, displaying the vicious regional divides between the Stanley Cup contenders in the West (Calgary, Edmonton) and the crapshoot teams of the East (Toronto).

Calgary has a team?

My usual and standard prediction is the Habs in 84 plus games......

Just a couple of housekeeping comments about this post..... It should be correctly stated: "Stanley Cup contenders in the West (Edmonton) and the crap team of the East (Toronto)."

Hey this crap team beat Ottawa 6 nothing.. In my oppinion the best team, them and Detroit.. Still love the leafs though..

Detroit has slipped, but it seems I say that every year....

San Jose looks good. My canucks get to tangle with them tommorow night, should be good game.

San Jose is good hey. Very promising. Calgary plays the Leafs tomorrow, now that should settle the differences between me and the rest of the posters here when Calgary wins it.

Hey this crap team beat Ottawa 6 nothing.. In my oppinion the best team, them and Detroit.. Still love the leafs though..

San Jose looks good. My canucks get to tangle with them tommorow night, should be good game.

San Jose is good hey. Very promising. Calgary plays the Leafs tomorrow, now that should settle the differences between me and the rest of the posters here when Calgary wins it.

damn Sharks got us bad tonight 6-4. Didnt have Salo on the blueline (day-to-day with groin), Bourdon got burned a couple of times (only his 2nd game in nhl) and Luongo cant seem to stop breakaways at all. Scariest part about their six goals though....Thornton and Cheechoo were held off the scoring sheet.

What happened with Calgary winning it? Sundin sure had a good night!

• 2 weeks later...

Good story. You're right about the corporate seats. Who cares if they win as long as you have a treat to offer that big, important customer. I see Harper was at the season opener. Would be interesting to know whose seat that was.

In the interests of full disclosure......I am a habs fan but will go to see the leafs if I get free tickets from a client and they include dinner.

Habs fan here too!