Gender segregration in sports

Renegade

I think you are referring the pain endurance threshold of "labor" as in childbirth - well I am sure women will continue to develop this endurance - and for sure I will encourage it, and I definitely want to know of any advancement for my own sake.

Coordinated effort by "team sports" and "firefighter" connotes different understanding

Recall a time when you last saw the flashing lights of the fire truck, and heard a siren. It is an emergency, and you must have felt some immediate concern, because if you were driving, obviously you pulled off to the side of the road. The reason being that first, there is a safety issue for firefighters and the dangerous incident they are heading into, notice I am using they (they travel in groups all the time) to rescue people who are hurt, or they are going to preserve a building before it incurs more damage.

Coordinated team sports are for amusement but obviously have same procedures as the firefighters - they have some standard system or pattern they will use and do have control over their direction.

However, a firefighter has accountability. I mean if a team sport loses a game well "what a bummer" "losers", in a round-robin game they have another shot at some goal. The same is not true for the firefighters. I don't see the general public suing and holding a team sport accountable for the loss of a life if a team lose.

Physical attribute is necessary for a firefighter - they have to stay up-to-date with their regiment training in order to perform on the job whether they are male or female. Now, women do exist as firefighters and I have not so far heard any stories of them being unable to perform their job because of lack of strength but are encouraged to join the fire services.

Well, I can agree that there not be segregation in gender for sports. The point I am making is that women will fail to make it to the top even when given the optimal opportunity. They have a better chance to compete among themselves and established their own goals, and records and be "mighty women".

My explanation for letting women play women sports is because they have only recently been made available to compete at various levels.

And also recognize that males are indeed stronger, it is that nature construct.

On a lighter side I can also mentioned that a paradigm shift in culture have already started to take men to salons to fix their nails, hair, eyebrows, etc. And that we could be building males tending to feminine traits and habits. Whether they have a lost of strenght, don't know, but I mean it’s not so difficult to see so call big men simply burst into tears.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coordinated team sports are for amusement but obviously have same procedures as the firefighters - they have some standard system or pattern they will use and do have control over their direction.

However, a firefighter has accountability. I mean if a team sport loses a game well "what a bummer" "losers", in a round-robin game they have another shot at some goal. The same is not true for the firefighters. I don't see the general public suing and holding a team sport accountable for the loss of a life if a team lose.

Frankly I fail to see how the distinction relates between one occupation being for amusement and the other for life-saving. If anything it would mean that we should treat the standards for being a firefighter more seriously and only choose the best for those roles. If we did restrict those roles to the "best", including the "best" physical qualifications for the job, it would rule out a lot of women who didn't make the cut.

Now, women do exist as firefighters and I have not so far heard any stories of them being unable to perform their job because of lack of strength but are encouraged to join the fire services.

It is not the kind of story you would read in the newspaper, so unless you are shooting the breeze with the boys at the firehall, you may not hear if a woman figherfighter did or didn't pull her own weight. In addition, the encouragement to join the fire services by adapting standards is simply more PC gone amok.

Well, I can agree that there not be segregation in gender for sports. The point I am making is that women will fail to make it to the top even when given the optimal opportunity. They have a better chance to compete among themselves and established their own goals, and records and be "mighty women".

But so what if they don't make the top. The top should be reserved for the best athletes regardless of gender, race, religion or any other discriminatory attribute. IMV it is not sufficient to simply say, they can't compete as a reason to segregate.

My explanation for letting women play women sports is because they have only recently been made available to compete at various levels.

Women have had the opportunty to play for at least as long as the current crop of women athletes have been alive. Are you saying that at some point you think that segregation is no longer necessary?