state assisted suicide

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country". JFK

I am suffering so much that I want to die but cannot commit suicide because of religious beliefs. The worst thing is that I came to Canada almost 20 years ago to contribute but because of medical problems I am unable to work and I am on CPP disabilty.

It was Ontario government, in particular Ontario Human Rights Commission, Ministry of Labour and Labour Realtions Board which destroyed my life.

I came up with idea that I can die with dignity and do something for Canada.

Based on the statistics I should live another 20 years. My win-win deal which would benefit Canada at least in 2 ways that is I can be exchanged for a hostage in the situation like we had recently and they will beheaded me instead of other person who wants to live.

This way Canada will save on CPP and instead it would only buy me one way ticket to the final destination let's say Iraq like last time.

The same did a priest named Kostka in Auschwitz who asked SS officer to trade him for a guy who had a family.

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country".

In fact Canada would benefit in one more way i.e I can only afford a state funded funeral so if I die overseas it can save on it. Or maybe it is a province or a municipality which bears costs? Anyway some savings can help to balance budget.

In Ontario just like 60 years ago in Auschwitz enforcing my equality rights meant either automatic termination when I asked for accommodation because of medical conditions or harrasment and intimidation to quit right away or reprisals like increased workload and blame for somebody's else mistakes.

I have been living with bipolar for many years and have been marginalized and cannot work without being accommodated because the Ontario Human Rights Commission which itself is responsible for enforcing this right is the biggest violator itself and failed to accommodate me and has been violating my equality rights with offensive to human dignity insensivity and doublestandard.

I lost my job numerous times, had to change careers 4 times only because I was seeking to enforce my rights pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

I have been blacklisted from workforce by the Ontario Labour Relations Board's Vice-Chair who in discriminatory and ignorant manner ridiculed medical evidence that I did not have to sleep for few days during my mania period and refused to look at into poison work environment and termination as a reprisal for enforcing my rights. The other arbitrator told me to work harder without having over time paid to keep my job.

This crusade of marginalization and devaluation is orchestrated by the Ontario Human Rights Commission which contrary to its own policy failed to accommodate me when I was suicidal and could die any minute and wanted me to meet the strict deadlines. The Commission did not call me for interviews on numerous occasions contrary to its policy and refused to accept my complaints and ignored all evidence and allowed my witnesses to be threatened, intimidated, harassed and eventually fired.

Even Bill Wilkerson from the Global Business and Economic Roundtable on Addiction and Mental Health behaves like an insensitive hypocrite who initially undertook in writing to inquire into my case and after talking to Ontario Human Rights Commission's Chief Commissioner Keith North failed to return my calls. Would he had given up so easily had Margaret Trudeau or Michael Wilson's son had been treated in such a untermenchen Nazi like manner?

So you know you are bi polar. So that means you also know that

when you are in a manic phase or a depressive phase your thoughts

are distorted. You know. You feel the highs and lows. You know when its

coming and when you are going to crash.

So what can I say to you you don't already know except one thing-your

problem with life and how you feel its been handled is it really that way or is

that the way you perceive it?

Come on you are an intelligent man. Bi-polar doesn't make you stupid...it just gives you

overwhelming emotional weight.

You know darned well that who you are is because you are bi-polar. So its a curse but it is you.

Its who you are. Sounds like you are still fighting it.

Hell I know many bi-polars like you getting on in years and still fighting it. Why I do not know.

So medication makes you feel flat...dead...suffocating...well what is the alternative? You constantly feeling people persecute you and life is unfair?

Wouldn't you like to try just one day to walk in a park and not be overwhelmed by your feelings and

for once be able to smell a flower or see the colour green in leaves?

I know that is often impossible for you.

So I say with due respect being bi polar is not a curse. Its bio-chemical. It can be treated if you

take that stubborn angry butt of yours back to the hospital only this time find a young psychiatrist, someone young not old who is up on the latest medications and will stick around with you until you find the right

one for you. There are at least 5 new medications in the last twop years that you have the right to try

and I mean at least try before you start talking about killing yourself.

I know you may not believe me but I am telling you, on the right medication things may seem a hell of a lot different. The struggle you are going through is not one with the State of the law. It is a personal

spiritual crisis going on inside you.

The bottom line is, you can blame everything outside you for the rest of your life and refuse to change

or you start today, now, five minutes from now, by taking your butt to a clinic and stop acting like being bi-polar is such a big deal. Stop hiding behind your political rants which mask your fear of yourself and refusal to treat your illness. Yah its too easy pontificating about human rights when what we are talking about is you refusing to treat a bio-chemical imbalance that can be treated.

I have no reason to live without working.

I cannot find the job without being accommodated.

I am powerless to enforce my rights when Ontario government, Human Rights Commoission, Labour Relations Boarda and Ministry of Labour are acting in concert to injure my dignity showing total disregard for law and openly dsicriminating against me and failing in special duty to protect to my equality rights.

Ontario Human Rights Commission failed to accommodate when I was suicidal.

Labour Relation Board's Vice Chair Patrick Kelly rejected my case on spot because he was so ignorant about medical evidence and was kicking me down and blacklisted me from workforce calling my testimony unreliable because of my mania episode.

I awnt to be a productive citizen and to end being marginalized.

I like your attitude. I really do, I wish more 'disabled' people like yourself had that attitude.

I've replied in a similar post that you need to create your own opportunities. You are good at something, everyone is. There are many jobs you won't be able to do, there are many jobs that any of us can't do. You need to keep looking until you find one that works.

Your attitude about needing to work, and stop being marginalised is great. Your attitude that is societies fault where your at is wrong. Take responsibility, wake up tomorrow and go make a job, make an opportunity. You can do it. You can be productive, find your niche.

injusticebuster, don't give up man. I can relate somewhat to your situation. At the age of 42 I suddenly found myself disabled with multiple sclerosis. I later develped bi polar disorder. But what got me through was the fact that I did have something to offer: myself. Volunteerism has been my salvation. geoffrey is right. You have to take responsibility and find your métier, your niche. Best of luck and hang in there.

injusticebuster, I think newbie's got it right. Volunteering can be much more rewarding than simply being another cog in the daily grind. I had never done any volunteer work until I met my wife and now find that I look forward to retirement as I plan to spend about 5 years working with Habit For Humanity.

Remember that we work to live, not live to work. I sometimes have to remind myself that my most important jobs are father, husband, son, brother and friend.