Anyone from New Brunswick?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm moving to the Fredericton area in a few weeks and wondering what kind of hot topics there are in provincial politics right now.

This thread sums up NB politics nicely.

lol...

I was born in New Brunswick (Grandfalls) but have spent the last several decades in Ontario. Just love the East Coast. I believe Teddyballgame lives in NB.

[i was born in New Brunswick (Grandfalls) but have spent the last several decades in Ontario. Just love the East Coast. I believe Teddyballgame lives in NB.

- No, I live in what we modestly call the centrer of the universe, the greater Toronto area. In terms of population versus the rest of Canada, the GTA is like New York, LA and Chicago combined versus the rest of the US. This, combined with the arrogance and smugness and left-lib attitudes of so many Torontonians, probably explains some of the hostility from TROC for the GTA.

- I was born and spent the first 8 years of my life in Moncton, New Brunswick. The RCAF put me through university and I discharged my military/ROTP obligation in Chatham, NB (now merged with Newcastle as Marimichi) from 1966-69 which is where I met Ted Williams, Yvon "the fighting fisherman' Durelle and several other interesting characters.

- I really like "The Picture Province" as NB is called but claim no current expertise in its political situation.

- I can tell you that all the great ones come from New Brunswick, LOL. They include the late, great Dalton Camp, former PM RB Bennett, the guy who could have easily won the Liberal leadership if he'd wanted this poisoned chalice (Frank McKenna) and who did a great job as Liberal premier building the NB economy, the guy who will easily win the Conservative leadership (Bernard Lord) if Stephen Harper falters and who is doing a good job as the Conservative premier of NB, and many, many others.

- cybercoma, I believe you'll find Fredericton to be a beautiful, friendly, peaceful city and NB to be a politically interesting and competitive province (Premier Lord and the PCs only have a one seat majority which, I contend, is the perfect democratic situation for the citizen-voter.) Enjoy.

geoffrey, I got here on Wednesday and I visited here in January. Fredericton is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in my life. Of course, I say that now -- having been here during one of the most mild winters they've ever had and not a flake of snow on the ground. I'm sure once I see a real winter (being from Windsor, ON and all) I'll be crying for home. I'm looking forward to the professional opportunities I have out here in this province and I'm very excited about the potential for growth there is out here.

I'd like to read more about the politics of New Brunswick, so I suppose I'll have to get a subscription to The Telegraph to get a true idea of what's going on.

Teddy, thanks for sharing your experiences out here with us. This place has such a beautiful culture with some very amazing and respectful people. It's a big change from where I come from.