Terrorism And Asia

Craig Read

At least 40 people were killed and more than 150 wounded when two bombs exploded in the heart of India's financial capital. The explosions came in the wake of several other blasts in the city in recent months, which have seen bombers target buses, trains and a McDonalds restaurant in a crowded railway station.

Although other religious motives cannot be ruled out -- yesterday saw the release of a controversial report on a mosque that has triggered Hindu-Muslim violence -- Bombay police say they suspect the latest bombings were the work of the two Islamic extremist groups who have been linked to the earlier attacks.

Think that Terrorists only target the US ? Across the world from Bali to Moscow the Islamic Jihadists have attacked mostly civilian targets.

In dear old Canada a number of plots have been uncovered.

For the left liberal ninnies who think that this war is between the US and the rest, think again.

It is a violent struggle between right and wrong. Are the post modern countries of Canada and the EU up to the challenge ? Is India ? Is Russia ? Is Africa ?

One should examine what the 'summum bonum' is of each side.  Both will be less than desirable.

I had a good, hard look. Seems we are not letting them kill us easy enough. Oh well. Now that the introspective, soul searching and theory of "Victim 101" is done and all, can we go back to eliminating those who would see our children die? Unless of course self preservation is to be overlooked in this metamorphic world of meaningless violence perpetrated against the west. All by those who do everything they can to fail their people, keep them hungry, disease ridden and without hope so that they can point a finger at us, those who time after time extend the hand of plenty.

What ticks me off is President Bush has put his foot down and committed the US to ending terrorism and making not just the US safe but the entire world safe. This is something the entire world should embrace. Every country should be actively searching for terrorists. Many look the other way, and many have helped, but many jsut sit back and let the US and our few allies do the dirty work.

Isn't the ulitmate goal to have it so people are only dying of natural causes one day??? Won't getting rid of terrorism bring us a lot closer to that? So all those nations who are doing nothing, get moving!

I would agree guys. I am sick of Lie-berals and their rhetorically Harvard trained seals who pronounce that 'relativity' is the modern way. Islam is the enemy. Period. Extremists inside Islam must be killed. Period. There is no grey, no 'root cause' analysis, no 'neo-marxian dependency' analysis needed, no sympathy for those who are poor due to domestic causes or religious intolerance. You give them a choice - lay down your weapons and join the modern age, or be wiped out.

Period. No truck, no barter, no trade, no compassion until the fight is won.

I find it difficult to believe that so many seemingly intelligent people can be so willing to turn a blind eye to the lies uttered by the US, and yet grasp so firmly to the few half-truths.

While I agree Militant Islamic activists pose the greatest current threat to the world, (Actually I might give it equal rating with N. Korea) the battle can only be won by confronting Islam, not 'terrorists'. In fact, almost all religions have been guilty of mass murder at some point. Islam is merely the current offender. Israel was helped into creation by terrorism, notably the Stern Gang and the Irgun 'Freedom Fighters For Israel'.

Terrorism is a method, not a place or a people. The so-called 'War on Terror 'is such a misnomer it is laughable.

Thanks, Fast Ned.

To quote another politician, "If you pick up the paper in the morning and don't see your name attacked and besmirched , you didn't work hard enough the day before."

Adolf Hitler.

Another quote: If I had a choice as to whether your opinion of me mattered 'a little or nothing,' I would choose nothing, every time.

Don' be afraid to think.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously you are such a genius you can enlighten the Americans on policy. Left liberals always resort to the argument 'you are dumb'. Really? Shall we do through history and see who was right on major foreign policy affairs ? Not the Libs let me assure you. Take your attitude and go live in Yemen.