Bush supports the faith base ..oh sh...!

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...cs/14059779.htm

"One of the things that really inspires me is when I get to meet folks who are on the front line of changing America one soul at a time," he said Thursday at a White House conference for religious charities. "Government can pass law and it can hand out money, but it cannot love."

See this is how cold the government is. But it seems a hypocritical statement considering the rest of the article.

Government cooperation with faith-based charities is nothing new, but Bush has tried to take it to a new level. At his direction, every major federal agency has designated someone to work with religious groups on federal grants and contracts. Earlier this week, the anti-terrorism Homeland Security Department became the 11th agency to establish an office for faith-based initiatives.

Whoa what? DHS will now get in the bed with the religious right? How will this come into play?

But Bush assured religious groups Thursday that he's as committed as ever to his goal of putting faith to work on social problems. He said he was trying to "change the culture" in Washington.

Change for sure. But for the better?

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1706834

"It's changed for the better for those who hurt in our society," he said. "So now when the government's making social service grants, money is awarded to groups that get the best results regardless of whether they're a faith based program. That's all people want. They want to acess to grant money on an equal basis, on a competitive basis, so there's no discrimination one way or the other."

And no I am not picking and choosing these lines, the whole article clearly shows how Bush is trying to bring the religion back to politics. This cannot be supported. I also think we should start taxing the church and religious based organizations. They are competeing with each other, that to me indicates they are in business. The business of your faith and soul. They are out to make a profit of some kind, it might not me monetary, but they are making a profit. Time to revoke their non-profit organizational status. Either that or burn down some more churches for the fun of it.

And no I am not picking and choosing these lines, the whole article clearly shows how Bush is trying to bring the religion back to politics. This cannot be supported. I also think we should start taxing the church and religious based organizations. They are competeing with each other, that to me indicates they are in business. The business of your faith and soul. They are out to make a profit of some kind, it might not me monetary, but they are making a profit. Time to revoke their non-profit organizational status. Either that or burn down some more churches for the fun of it.

So now the government will be taxing you for having a soul. Talk about Godless communism.

I don't think that gov't should financially help churches--but they certainly should not do the opposite.

Why taxes churches who do so much humanitarian work/aid/charity work?
Some churches do charity work but most of the money collected for churches simply pays to keep the suburban clubhouses running. It would be reasonable to change the taxation rules so churches are treated the same as other social clubs like the Shriners or the Rotary Club.

Why taxes churches who do so much humanitarian work/aid/charity work?
Some churches do charity work but most of the money collected for churches simply pays to keep the suburban clubhouses running. It would be reasonable to change the taxation rules so churches are treated the same as other social clubs like the Shriners or the Rotary Club.

Or change taxation rules so the Shriners or Rotary Club are treated the same as Churches?

<_<