North Korea

djpark121

Nova, I think that you are purposfully not reading what people are telling or trying to convey to you. Islam, while a different and strange world to many North Americans is not to blame directly for the ills of the world. They do however, not contribute a whole lot to the capture and cessation of the violent fundementalists who threaten world stability. In fact, some places host these men like they were paying guests (which in many areas they are). While others are afraid to ask them to leave in fear of losing financing or worse, being physically harmed.

I tried to tell you this last night but you may have glazed over it for some reason. Most people in the west want to learn more about Islam and fundamentalism. They have no big problems about having Muslims living among us and even welcome the cultural diversificatin it brings. Living in Hawaii you may not be exposed to all this and might miss a lot of the interaction that takes place here on the mainland. Craig and I and most others on this board deal with Muslims in our day to day lives. Even in remote communities in Canada they are entrenched in our society. To refer to us a fanatics and closeminded is indicative of your knowledge or your lack thereof rather than ours.

Now the point I would make is that time is short. WMD are becoming more readilly available to those who would use it without controls, rules and any rational other than they are mad about something that happened that day. Most of the population of the Middle East shares the same values that you and I do which is a future for our families and all and progress for the generations to come. In the world of the fundementalists only one man who happened to get up on the wrong side of the bed has the control, surrounded by worshippers who are trained to obey and know they will go to Allah with a great reward. They are a hair trigger. You think we should understand them, but for some reason you don't think that we already do. We can adress Islam continually as we always do but these people have a gun to the West's head and survival takes priority. Part of the ongoing war on terrorism is understanding these people. Don't worry Nova, some of those in the fight are thinking a few steps ahead of you. Some of them are Muslims, Buddists or whatever. And many are even so left wing they make you look like Mussolinni. It's also not just simply a case of killing them, we also have to make sure the conditions that empowered them are rectified as well. That means aid, investment, immigration, cultural integration and all sorts of goodies.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Hawaii you may not be exposed to all this and might miss a lot of the interaction that takes place here on the mainland.

No, we're just far more tolerant of everyone. Hawaii has the most diverse mix of people in the entire US.

WMD are becoming more readilly available to those who would use it without controls, rules and any rational other than they are mad about something that happened that day.

Then doesn't it make sense to secure the huge amounts of nukes that lie almost unguarded in Russia then go after countries with little accurate evidence? We THINK they might have, opposed to we KNOW that they have. Big difference

And many are even so left wing they make you look like Mussolinni.
I hope so.
It's also not just simply a case of killing them, we also have to make sure the conditions that empowered them are rectified as well. That means aid, investment, immigration, cultural integration and all sorts of goodies.

Right now, it's 85% killing. 10% talk. 5% everything useful.

Nova, I think that you are purposfully not reading what people are telling or trying to convey to you. Islam, while a different and strange world to many North Americans is not to blame directly for the ills of the world.

Tell that to Craig. Every culture is different. To apply your standards and customs to them is just...immature and ignorant.

You think we should understand them, but for some reason you don't think that we already do.

Killing moderates doesn't help understanding.

No, we're just far more tolerant of everyone. Hawaii has the most diverse mix of people in the entire US.

And you arrogantly assume that the rest of us live in a vacum? You don't get out much I can tell. If you havn't heard, civil liberties and the cultural mosaic are firmley entrenched in our society. To have me beleive that you have the monopoly on it is ludicrous and small minded.

Then doesn't it make sense to secure the huge amounts of nukes that lie almost unguarded in Russia then go after countries with little accurate evidence? We THINK they might have, opposed to we KNOW that they have. Big difference
I did a two minute google to find out you are full of it. Try it yourself. While you complain billions of dollars and human resourses are being injuected into the Russian Nuclear Security apparatus by this country.
Right now, it's 85% killing. 10% talk. 5% everything useful.

And before it was 100% talk and useful stuff until action had to be taken. Now once again after the Iraq invasion it's less than 1% killing and 99% useful and talk. Unless of course there is a big shooting war happening now where innocent lives are being taken that I havn't heard of.

Tell that to Craig. Every culture is different. To apply your standards and customs to them is just...immature and ignorant.

Are you referring to Iraq or Afganistan? In both cases great care has been taken to ensure the culture remains while democracy is nurtured. No US soldier is running around ripping veils off women so what are you talking about?

Killing moderates doesn't help understanding.

Where are these moderates being killed systematicly? If you are reffering to a single comment posted on this thread please address that particular poster and not include it with your discussions with me.

Nova, I must add that your entire debating format sucks. You give rapid fire rhetoric ie; "killing moderates," then when somebody responds with well thought out counter arguments you then counter with unsubstanciated one line snippets of - once again - RHETORIC or disinformation, or insults. Comon Nova.