McGuinty's Response on Victims of Income Trust Leak

betsy

When pointed out that some people had lost their shirts from the Income Trust leak,

McGuinty replied:

"I know some people lost their shirts on it....but if you invest in stocks, you should be prepared for this."

But how do these poor people know that inside trading would take place?

Just imagine that kind of response from Liberal.

When pointed out that some people had lost their shirts from the Income Trust leak,

McGuinty replied:

"I know some people lost their shirts on it....but if you invest in stocks, you should be prepared for this."

But how do these poor people know that inside trading would take place?

Just imagine that kind of response from Liberal.

Do you have any proof of insider trading?

Do you know things the RCMP hasn't made public?

Or is this just more slanderous Conservative/NDP BS?

I personally don't have proof...but with the Liberal track record do I really need it??? :lol:

Yes you do, otherwise it is slander.

But slander never bothers a conservative does it ?

Stealing my tax dollars to fix the 1997 election never bothered the Liberals... :angry:

But yes, you are right...it is slander. But at least I acknowledge that it is pretty obvious something happened...

This so-called "something that happened" happens every time there is going to be an announcement where the outcome of that announcement is fairly obvious.

Look we're in the middle of an election. Is the minister going to make an unpopular policy change?

NO. Therefore, as soon as he said an announcement was coming it was a fairly safe bet as to what he would be saying.

But that bit of logic gets lost somewhere with the whole, innocent until proven guilty thing, that has has been thrown out the window by both the NDP and Conservatives.

Do you have any proof of insider trading?

Do you know things the RCMP hasn't made public?

Or is this just more slanderous Conservative/NDP BS?

My point is not whether there was an Inside Trading that actually went on in the Income Trust Leak.

My dismayed reaction, to put it mildly, is to the callous way McGuinty responded.

The fact right now is that majority of the people mistrust the Liberals. There is the extreme lack of confidence in the government. That lack of confidence stemmed from the PATTERN of CORRUPTIONS that had been proven....and the current scandals that seem to point out that the pattern continues.

The least McGuinty could have done was to EMPHATIZE with those people who had lost their shirts....or if he is incapable of such emotion, he should have just kept his mouth shut.

After all, the investigation is on-going.

Your questions could easily have been turned the other way:

Does he have any proof that there was absolutely no Inside Trading?

Does he know of things the RCMP had not made public?

Or his reaction is just another typical Liberal attempt at cover-up, white-wash, lies, whatever...

But you know what? McGuinty's pompous reaction....that automatically dismissed any possibility of Inside Trading even though the RCMP are still investigating....his reaction only gave me the strong impression that he is trying to cover-up, white-wash, or downright lying.

Could you blame me for making that conclusion?

Like all the rest of tax-payers, I've been stung before.

I don't follow Ontario politics but everything I have read about McGuinty I have not liked.

He seems callous and arrogant.

Then again, he is an Ontario Liberal... :angry:

This so-called "something that happened" happens every time there is going to be an announcement where the outcome of that announcement is fairly obvious.

That's not what internationally reknowned forensic accountant Al Rosen, PhD thinks...he sees the activity as evidence of a leak...

FTA