Federal Judges

If one federal judge says this:

A Federal Court judge has reinstated Jean Pelletier as chairman of Via Rail, saying the government was unfair in the way it fired him in March 2004.
G & M

But another federal judge says this:

Jean Pelletier, who was blamed by Justice John Gomery for overlooking the abuses of the sponsorship scandal, said yesterday he warned the former prime minister against the appointment.
National Post

Should I be confused or expect the Supreme Court to decide?

A Federal Court judge has reinstated Jean Pelletier as chairman of Via Rail, saying the government was unfair in the way it fired him in March 2004.
G & M

Jean Pelletier, who was blamed by Justice John Gomery for overlooking the abuses of the sponsorship scandal, said yesterday he warned the former prime minister against the appointment.
National Post

The technicality was that Myriam Bedard apparently "quit voluntarily", rather than having been forced to resign.... I think an investigation will find that the undue duress placed on her due to Pelletiers' comments and actions would be sufficient to make any self-respecting person want to leave... as a consequence of the remarks... and the original ruling should be upheld, because her employer was "abusive".. We've all heard the remarks he made, and I don't think any Canadian would want that arsehole back in his job....

G & M

National Post

The technicality was that Myriam Bedard apparently "quit voluntarily", rather than having been forced to resign.... I think an investigation will find that the undue duress placed on her due to Pelletiers' comments and actions would be sufficient to make any self-respecting person want to leave... as a consequence of the remarks... and the original ruling should be upheld, because her employer was "abusive".. We've all heard the remarks he made, and I don't think any Canadian would want that arsehole back in his job....

Seriously. I can't believe he is playing this innocent act.

Screw him, the judge, and all the others and let us bring accountability and transparency back into the Government of Canada.

It is truly absurd that we treat patronage appointments in the same way as we do legitimately won jobs. Jean Pelletier, like the rest of his ilk, got his job through patronage, not skill, ability or hard work. Positions like that should be like those in the US, where you serve entirely at the pleasure of the government, and can be fired as easily as you are appointed, and for as little legitimate reason.