Brown Quits FEMA In Disgrace

Embattled FEMA director Brown resigns

No kidding Brown is otta d'ere. He had become the catalyst, or lightning rod for some of the frustration surrounding Bush's Katrina crisis. I am sure the Republicans will try to hid Brown away from the possibility of additional media attention if they can get away with it. You know, it's the ole sweep it under the carpet trick.

As I read this, Bush is now quoted that he takes responsibility for the delay in Federal Assistance. I also read that he intends to address the Nation from NO LA. My bet is that he places the blame solely at the feet of Brown and plays the sympathetic "I would have done better but Brown lied about his qualifications" card. $10 anyone?

No kidding Brown is otta d'ere. He had become the catalyst, or lightning rod for some of the frustration surrounding Bush's Katrina crisis. I am sure the Republicans will try to hid Brown away from the possibility of additional media attention if they can get away with it. You know, it's the ole sweep it under the carpet trick.

http://www.fema.gov/about/bios/brown.shtm

professional biography on Brown, i think its pretty apparent as to why he was appointed head of FEMA. He handled the 4 hurricaines that came through florida very well.

Well, either way it looks really bad. Either he was given the job because he was an unqualified Bush buddy (which I suspect at this point) or he was qualified to do the job and Bush should have taken the heat off of him and even refused to accept his resignation publicly. If Harper can support Grewal then...But, considering Argus' posts on the matter, it will take some convincing to change my mind. Regardless, this should be a lesson to the US and Canada that we all better think of ways to make government more responsive to the general public rather than to the few politicians.

http://www.fema.gov/about/bios/brown.shtm

professional biography on Brown, i think its pretty apparent as to why he was appointed head of FEMA. He handled the 4 hurricaines that came through florida very well.

Well, he may have been a bush buddy, and obviously he was not up to the task, but based on his handling of last years hurricaine affected areas, and on paper their was no reason for anyone to believe he wasnt.