The Canadian Monarchy

Well, since commercial space travel is still unfeasable I've been forced to listen to all the Federal Sponsorship talk and the subsequent spin off about seperaration, anti-Ontario, anti-Liberal, anti-Quebec, anti-everything else! Living in the Maritimes all of my life I long came to the conclusion that there is NOTHING anyone outside of the "Ontario club" can do to change the culture of federal government. Anyone who thinks Canada is a democratic country, in my view, is dilluding themseleves! Canada is an abosolute Monarchy, and no I'm not refurring to the royals in Great Britain, although I do admire the Queen's out of touch stupidity of referring to our country as "the Canadas"--how very 1700's! No, I'm talking about that dynasty known as ONTARIO! Canadian Federal politics are stupidly easy and as follows: screw the west because they can't get their acts together on what's important; screw Quebec because they're just going to vote Bloc; get Ontario's vote, and if you can some of the maritimes. Sometimes the feds are nice enough to toss us a treat like increasing fishing quotas or recently, the childcare program. How nice of them, eh?

So, for those fellow Canadians licking their lips waiting for the Martin government to fall, don't hold your breath. As already pointed out, when it comes to Federal politics, Ontario calls the shots and if you think they're about to elect a conservative hill-billy from Alberta, your wrong. In fact, I think the chances that Ontario voters are even still paying attention to the sponsorship news are less likely then Stephen Harper spending more then $4 on a hair cut.

So yes, as a Maritimer I can sit back and secretly hate Ontario all I want, but what exactly can you do to the guy who pays your credit card bill? Exactly.

Regards,

J

Living in the Maritimes all of my life I long came to the conclusion that there is NOTHING anyone outside of the "Ontario club" can do to change the culture of federal government.

There's that defeatist attitude of the Maritimes.... :D

JK I love you Maritimers, even though you guys seem to be genetically Liberal. I agree with most of what you say except for the anti-west comments. But I just attribute those "hill-billy" type comments to indoctrination by the leftist press out there.

I agree with most of what you say except for the anti-west comments.  But I just attribute those "hill-billy" type comments to indoctrination by the leftist press out there.

How repellent! You object to prejudices about your group, but cheer on slurs against others. You must be a tory.

And you chastise his "slur" against the press by making slurs against Tories.

How typically hypocritical.

I agree with most of what you say except for the anti-west comments.  But I just attribute those "hill-billy" type comments to indoctrination by the leftist press out there.

How repellent! You object to prejudices about your group, but cheer on slurs against others. You must be a tory.

And you chastise his "slur" against the press by making slurs against Tories.

How typically hypocritical.

OH GOD! :o I must be a tory too!

Thanks for the replies guys,

However my strong feelings against Ontario are deeper then merely their domenance of Politics--its the way they have somehow systematically managed to dominate EVERYTHING in Canada. Economy, is obviously the biggest one...look up any Canadian company that comes to mind and where are they located. I can tell you without even looking;

1) Toronto (GTA)

2) Ottawa

3) Somewhere else in Ontario!!

The biggest example is Canada's lucrative auto industry, based 100% in ONTARIO! This is what pisses me off! As a maritimer, I watched our region's last car plant, Volvo, close about 5 years ago. Recently Toyota announced plans to build a new plant somwhere in....surprise, surprise.

So how do they do this? How is it every international corporation automatically swarms to Ontario like flies to cow-patties (no pun intended). The only plausable explanation I've had so far is they have the bling bling for marketing in order to attract these companies. Seperatist talk in nearby Quebec was a bonus, forcing much of Montreal's once booming industry to Ottawa and the GTA. The second thing they have going is population, compounded by immigartion---where do almost all of Canada's 200,000 a year immigrants settle? Duh!

So I guess when you look at it that way, Ontario is a self-feeding monster of greed, fed by its own prosperity which makes it even more prosperous which in turn increases its appetite. Well...isn't this encouraging to the rest of Canada.

Regards,

J

Thanks for the replies guys,

However my strong feelings against Ontario are deeper then merely their domenance of Politics--its the way they have somehow systematically managed to dominate EVERYTHING in Canada.  Economy, is obviously the biggest one...look up any Canadian company that comes to mind and where are they located.  I can tell you without even looking;

1) Toronto (GTA)

2) Ottawa

3) Somewhere else in Ontario!!

The biggest example is Canada's lucrative auto industry, based 100% in ONTARIO!  This is what pisses me off!  As a maritimer, I watched our region's last car plant, Volvo, close about 5 years ago.  Recently Toyota announced plans to build a new plant somwhere in....surprise, surprise. 

So how do they do this?  How is it every international corporation automatically swarms to Ontario like flies to cow-patties (no pun intended).  The only plausable explanation I've had so far is they have the bling bling for marketing in order to attract these companies.  Seperatist talk in nearby Quebec was a bonus, forcing much of Montreal's once booming industry to Ottawa and the GTA.  The second thing they have going is population, compounded by immigartion---where do almost all of Canada's 200,000 a year immigrants settle?  Duh!

So I guess when you look at it that way, Ontario is a self-feeding monster of greed, fed by its own prosperity which makes it even more prosperous which in turn increases its appetite.  Well...isn't this encouraging to the rest of Canada.

Regards,

J

The only reason Ontario has more industry is because it's located primarily close to America's heartland (New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania). It's just geography and has nothing to do with politics u dumbass! Go grab yourself another beer!