Jim Dinning

Dinning was a good treasurer and set alberta on the straight and narrow and his name does come up as a replacement for klien. The fight to replace klien could get dirty. Depending on the outcome to replace klien, could change the fortunes of the separatist party. A party i would like to see in opposition to the tories to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Dinning was a good treasurer and set alberta on the straight and narrow and his name does come up as a replacement for klien. The fight to replace klien could get dirty. Depending on the outcome to replace klien, could change the fortunes of the separatist party. A party i would like to see in opposition to the tories to keep them on the straight and narrow.

A Dinning victory might bolster the fortunes of the Alliance, depending on how acrimonious the battle is between Ted Morton and the red tories. If anyone but Morton wins, and does so in a way that is divisive, I can't see Morton sticking around.

I'm really hoping this happens actually. Alberta needs a stronger opposition.

As for Ralph walking away, this edition of the Western Standard has an interesting perspective. Ric Dolphin figures the "smart money" lies with an October announcemnt, one month after Alberta's centennial celbrations, and on the 25th anniversary of Ralph becoming mayor of Calgary.

Sounds plausible to me.