Why Didn't Canadian Press Report This?

Whi in the H cares if we anger the "Americans" by seeking justice.
People with jobs and families to support and raise, and lives to lead who don't share this horror and hatred of Americans and Bush.
Nothing smug about it.  That is what supposedly makes us civilized; abiding by laws.  If GWB will not; he should be made an example of.
Should we not be indicting the Chinese and Russia and and Indian presidents, too, then? In fact, should we not declare war on the world and indict every illegal ruler in it?
You want us to keep quiet and allow a country to do as they wish contrary to agreed on international laws; and all for the Yankee dollar.  Do you have no self respect.
What I have is a sense of proportion and a streak of practicality. What you have appears to be vitriolic hatred and a complete abscence of reality or interest in the well-being of your countrymen.
They all ignored Hitler and allowed him to gain power so as not to anger him and have his attention turned in their direction.  Do we need to get another lesson on not allowing a tyrant to grow in strength.
There are many tyrants in the world. Sadaam Hussein was one. GWB is not one.
Besides trade relations with the USA sucks.
According to the CBC only 4% of our trade with the US is in any kind of dispute. We have a $92 billion trade surplus with them. I think your description therefore is somewhat mistaken.

What I have is a sense of proportion and a streak of practicality. What you have appears to be vitriolic hatred and a complete abscence of reality or interest in the well-being of your countrymen

What I have is a disgust for a civilized modern country like our former friend the USA to be acting like terrorists.

Not all Americans have been proud of the actions of their country.

According to the CBC only 4% of our trade with the US is in any kind of dispute. We have a $92 billion trade surplus with them. I think your description therefore is somewhat mistaken.

Well it is a lot more than your 4% here in BC. There is the matter of priniple and obeying trade laws and international laws. Under Bush, The American government seems to believe itself above the laws that it has signed on to.

You may forget your principles in order to keep your trade flowing with the USA; I will not. There are many other countries that would welcome trade (and are) with Canadian companies and not play power trips.

The point is not that at all. The point is that a Bush, backed by a nuclear arsenal can be an international scofflaw. Smaller nation leaders have to be careful to stay within their national boundaries.
Except the French, of course, and Russians, and Chinese, of course, and an assortment of African nations, and the Indians.

As I might have mentioned before, I consider the UN to be, for the most part, a collection of thugs and murderers, so the fact the US occasionally operates without their permission does not cause me undue distress.

I amquite taken by your atetement that the majority of the world's population, including in the US; Canada; Britain; Germany; France and........ are all ignorant phonys.
I didn't say that. Most are ignorant because they haven't bothered to take the time or make the effort to keep themselves properly informed or to spend the time thinking about things. Some are phoneys. Some, of course, are just idiots.
You, on the other hand, together with the minority of right wing bullies, are bravely standing against majority opinion. They, most of the educated in the world, are "indignant and self-righteous." You are what? .Not indignant at atrocities and crimes against humanity

Practical, with a sense of proportion and an understanding of history. Iraq is a miserable shewer, as is the rest of the middle east. If the US succeeds it could become something more. If the US fails, well, we won't have lost much. As I said, civil war and mass slaughter was inevitable in Iraq the moment Hussien died or was purged.

Well it is a lot more than your 4% here in BC. There is the matter of priniple and obeying trade laws and international laws. Under Bush, The American government seems to believe itself above the laws that it has signed on to.

Yes, and Canada has never violated an international agreement, nor has anyone else. Ever.

Four percent. Ninety two billion a year. Your righteous indignation is over what, exactly? A little timber? Phht.

You may forget your principles in order to keep your trade flowing with the USA; I will not.  There are many other countries that would welcome trade (and are) with Canadian companies and not play power trips.

No, in fact, there are none. The Chinese and Japanese are far worse traders, far shiftier, breaking every kind of rule, by hook or by crook. And my principals are flexible enough to withstand the Americans occasionally departing the righteous path, if it means the economic survival of this country. Besides, I'm not so very sure that what the Americans are doing is wrong. In the broader picture, over the course of time, it might turn out to be the best thing that has happened to Iraqis in their entire history.

Stipulated he/she does, then does Bush become legally responsible for the crime when there is real, credible evidence that he knew nothing of the acts in AbuGaraib and Guantanamo Bay, and when he did find out, he prosecuted the perpetrators???

You mean the few scapegoats; they did the same with Vietnam. Those kids being prosecuted were following orders. Yeah sure mm hmm and Nixon claimed " I am not a crook" I suppose you believed him too.

what a giggle.

Don't get me wrong, I have little doubt that some of the more senior officers knew what was going one, but I strongly doubt that Bush himself was aware of these little pranks. I mean think about it, knowing full-well that they were doing something that carries a very stiff penalty, do you seriously believe that those responsible would be trumpeting their activities to their seniors???

Besides, Bush wants to be percieved as the John-Wayne type, tough but fair, and always within the law.

As much as I think Bush is a loser, I don't think even he would be stupid enough to condone such activities. He wants to put across a by-the-book image, hardly what this sort of thing projects.

No, I don't believe Bush knew about AbuGharaib. Too many buffers between him and the action.