Wing suits

Well, part of my new goal in life is to try what these guys are doing ...

http://phoenix-fly.com/

I've jumped twice and now want to get full on into it, since I can now afford it .... The parachutes are still quite expensive, but I was shocked when I learned the cost of these suits, quite affordable actually.

If you jumped you 'know' what it is like. It really is indescribable to others unless you do it.

If that does not get your senses tingling, then you just might be dead!!. You need about 200 jumps before any drop zone lets you even try one of these bad boys. This is the closest thing we humans can get to real flying.

I am in .. who's with me.

Another one to watch, is Jeb Corliss.... just wow.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

Makes me tingle ALL over.

Jeb aint doing so well these days as I am sure you know. Rockface meets legs is normally a winner for the rockface.

Not criticizing him, he 'fessed up he is to blame for being careless/stupid.

But yeah, I would like to try it opn some level. But I know I wont take all the time needed to work up to it.

But I have kite flied , both a flat kite and an A frame (wing style) behind boats. Didnt get too far up there but I recall the sens was amazing.

I also recall the sense was a bit unnerving when I crashed from 40 in a flat kite. Sinking when strapped in is not fun and there was no release mechanism with the flat kites.

But knock yourself out, and please post vid when you can.

Edited by guyser

Jeb aint doing so well these days as I am sure you know. Rockface meets legs is normally a winner for the rockface.

Not criticizing him, he 'fessed up he is to blame for being careless/stupid.

But yeah, I would like to try it opn some level. But I know I wont take all the time needed to work up to it.

But I have kite flied , both a flat kite and an A frame (wing style) behind boats. Didnt get too far up there but I recall the sens was amazing.

I also recall the sense was a bit unnerving when I crashed from 40 in a flat kite. Sinking when strapped in is not fun and there was no release mechanism with the flat kites.

But knock yourself out, and please post vid when you can.

I've seen the vids of Jeb's crash. I hope he scales it back just a bit, but in the end, he knows like all his pals that have perished in jumps with him, that 'well this could be the last jump' .... it's very risky.