NDP Leadership

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a few hours?All I need is a few seconds to tell you that a true NDPer would not attack one of their strongest members on an opinion!

WWWTT

I don't think I attacked her opinions I said her debate performances were poor. 

I didn't say I was a 'true NDPer' (although I don't know what that means) I said I wasn't Conservative. 

I'm still waiting for you to post my conservative comments. Take your time.

If Cullen does not win I won't be voting ndp.. will be up to the libs to elect a decent leader

Cullen hasn't even run his "cooperation" plan by the Liberals yet. I hope he doesn't come anywhere near winning this thing. If he does, you can kiss the NDP goodbye.

Cullen hasn't even run his "cooperation" plan by the Liberals yet. I hope he doesn't come anywhere near winning this thing. If he does, you can kiss the NDP goodbye.

You don't think he can/will appeal to independent and traditionally Liberal voters?

If he doesn't you can kiss Canada good bye and say hello to a 2nd Harper majority

If he doesn't you can kiss Canada good bye and say hello to a 2nd Harper majority

I voted NDP in the last election, but I would vote Liberal if Bob Rae was their leader against Cullen.

You don't think he can/will appeal to independent and traditionally Liberal voters?

No.

Face it you know they don't exist. Thanks. :)

Please do not confuse my ability to properly organize my time for issues of relevance to as to why I am ignoring your request.

But something tells me that you will not let this one go.So go ahead and and have your tidy rant.And don't disapoint me!

WWWTT

What is it that turns you off from him? Or that You think will not appeal to independents/Liberals?

He's a clever and affable fellow, but he'll be eaten alive in the debates as the leader of the party. I don't agree with his plan to sell out the party for electoral reform either. He also said his plan would allow the local associations to decide for themselves whether they want to cooperate or not. What's he going to do if the majority of them choose not to? It's just not a good plan. I can't stand strategic voting. People ought to vote for that they believe in, not against the party they don't.

Please do not confuse my ability to properly organize my time for issues of relevance to as to why I am ignoring your request.

But something tells me that you will not let this one go.So go ahead and and have your tidy rant.And don't disapoint me!

WWWTT

I'd never want to disappoint you. I'd bet that you spent more time here today than I have. And it is not like you have to spend any significant amount of time searching. You would just have to tell me what you saw that made you say I was a conservative to begin with. But you won't do that. You should have facts to back up your case before making comments.

He's a clever and affable fellow, but he'll be eaten alive in the debates as the leader of the party. I don't agree with his plan to sell out the party for electoral reform either. He also said his plan would allow the local associations to decide for themselves whether they want to cooperate or not. What's he going to do if the majority of them choose not to? It's just not a good plan. I can't stand strategic voting. People ought to vote for that they believe in, not against the party they don't.

I could respect his idea more if he were advocating an outright merger. There is just no sensible reason why NDP candidates should run competitively against Liberals in some ridings and co-operate with them in other ridings. Are they two different parties with different agendas who are competing with each other or are they not? It's so half-baked and actually leads me to question his judgment more generally. And, as you note, he hasn't even run it by the Liberals.

When MPs get elected on their own (or their party's) merits and then decide to co-operate on certain issues in the House, that's an ENTIRELY different thing.

Edit: I think I've been convinced to leave him off my ballot.

Another edit: Your last sentence leads to another problem with this: it assumes that Liberal and NDP voters all oppose the Conservatives more than they oppose each other or even more than they support their own party. In my opinion, that's not a safe bet. I think there are, for example, many Liberal voters in suburban Ontario who would prefer the CPC to the NDP and NDP voters in Quebec and the Prairies who might choose the BQ or CPC over the NDP.

Edited by Evening Star

Really? Instead of selecting multiple choices on a ballot we'll just hold multiple federal elections?

OK, yeah, that could get expensive.

I mean, I've stated my preferred system already, which would be very easy to implement compared to most of the other suggestions.

Edited by Evening Star

The conservatives have figured out how to win... by uniting the right.. Cullen is going in the right direction here

If you honestly believe ndp or lpc will win another election on their own you're dead wrong, we're not in the 90's anymore

things are different.. we know the conservatives have the numbers.. its simple math

They won with 39% of the vote.. the other parties will NOT get 39% alone, not with this vote split of the left

FACE IT