Are you a victim?

I was just wondering how many people out there have been the victim of a crime over the past few years? If so, were the perpetuators of these crimes ever caught and did they get sentenced for their crimes? Did you feel that these sentences were fair given the circumstances? If not, how do you feel the sentence should reflect towards the crime against you?

I am just wondering how many others are frustrated and are hapless victims of our ineffectual judicial system?

Yes if you can call being shot at while driving my car.

I was driving my car along a secondary road . I had my youngest daughter with me ( aged 8) in the front seat. The bullet broke the window . The glass was every where . We were lucky my daughter and I only had some small cuts .

I drove to the police station to report what had happened.

The next day my car door was removed and they found the bullet inside the door panel.

No this person was never found. But I did get a call from the police they told me over 300 people had the same thing happen that year in the same area.

This was in the summer if 1989 on the Saanich Peninsula on Vancouver Island where I used to live.

That year a young teenage girl of 15 was shot and killed while walking in the same area .

I am still nervous of driving in that area when I go home for a visit.

Um... somebody pried the badge off the back of my car a month or so ago. That's about all.

I've lived in big cities and I won't go back. The town I live in right now is large enough to have everything I want available, but it still has that small-town feel and thus crime isn't really that much of a problem.

Apart from Dalton McGuinty's hand being in my pocket all the time. He's been slapped with a lawsuit by the Canadian Taxpayers Federation for breach of contract as he signed a declaration that he would abide by the Ontario Taxpayer Protection Act and wouldn't raise taxes without calling a referendum first. But he's the only criminal having a major effect on me.

I had my car window smashed and a hit and run as well...that's it. I will not own a flashy car ever. Now, I drive a boring fuel efficient car, keep old fogey CD's that I got from "the bin" in a small town gas station (they still sell tapes too! :D ) and I always keep a bit of garbage on the floor. In combination with the alarm, nobody wants anything to do with my car. Sad, but it works.

Three months ago, a groups of Hutterites on their way to sell produce in town blew by me going about 70kms in a school zone (while kids were playing during lunch). He came very close to hitting one. Later, while I was crossing the street, he happened to drive up so I stopped him by holding up my hand while still in the middle of the street. I yelled at him that he was gonna kill a kid or two 'cause he was really driving crazy. Technically, it is a crime and nearly caused the death of a little one.

In April my parents had some speed freaks attemp to break into there home while they were sleeping. The front door to the house happens to be steel so the criminals were not having alot of success using a pry bar to get through the door but did wake my parents. My father proceeded to yell at the two from his bedroom window above the front door and let them know he was armed and that he was calling the police. The criminals took no notice and continued to try to get through the front door for another 25 minutes. The police put my mother on hold for 15 minutes and took an hour and half to respond. The criminals were never found or charged the only person who got a ticket was my father for having an unregistered colt .22 woodsman. Now that is good liberal justice.

An electronics business I managed was constantly a victim of crime. A few years ago I spent months trying to catch this kid I knew was stealing CD's for years. When I finally caught him on tape, kept him there until the police arrived, they explained that he would not be charged because he was in some sort of youth program since his parents were abusive to him. Had my parents ever thought that I was stealing, I would be more afraid of their abuse.