Ford Campaign Pulled a Sandra Bussin Against Tory

You must not live anywhere near Toronto. I flatly refuse to drive into the city in the summer because road construction - doing they very things you say they aren't doing - is so bad. As an example - something you've yet to provide - Bloor between parliament and Avenue was reduced to 1 lane for almost 3 years.

Perfect example. Why was it closed for 3 years? What kind of lamebrain plan - and project management allows such a debacle? City projects have to be managed better - and that's one of the areas that Ford's team will be addressing - a better statement of work - penalties for failure to deliver. Your example was "business as usual" and that approach cost millions.....so it's not necessarily about cuts - its about running things better - with better project management. By the way, I live in Markham.

What is this even supposed to mean?

Everyone made a big deal of the fact that Montreal commits $25 per capita to Arts funding. Millers council had a vote to bring Toronto's funding from the current $14 (I think) up to $25 over the next 4 or 5 years. Ford voted in favour and has since reinforced that promise in his committment to his new Arts & Culture Adviser Jeff Melanson, the executive director of Canada’s National Ballet School.

I'd say you're right on subways if it wasn't a subway no one would use. No one uses the Sheppard line as it is and an extension won't make things better. The current Sheppard Line actually only uses 4 subway cars as opposed to the 6 used on the YUS line and the B/D Line and in the height of rush hour the trains are only half full. So, he's robbing the suburbs, the place he supposedly represents best, of better transit to build a line no one will use. Now, if he cancelled some projects to build a subway across Eglinton, or the Downtown Relief Line - subway projects that have been planned and actually are really needed to relieve congestion along YUS and B/D, I'd agree with it. He isn't though. This planning is the absolutely height of stupidity.

Well, at least you half-agree. Lets see how stupid he actually gets.

Perfect example. Why was it closed for 3 years? What kind of lamebrain plan - and project management allows such a debacle? City projects have to be managed better - and that's one of the areas that Ford's team will be addressing - a better statement of work - penalties for failure to deliver. Your example was "business as usual" and that approach cost millions.....so it's not necessarily about cuts - its about running things better - with better project management. By the way, I live in Markham.

The work on Bloor needed to be done. The road was barely driveable and now it's a dream. First the City didn't do anything, but when it turns out they actually were, they were doing too much! Classic example of moving the goalposts.

Everyone made a big deal of the fact that Montreal commits $25 per capita to Arts funding. Millers council had a vote to bring Toronto's funding from the current $14 (I think) up to $25 over the next 4 or 5 years. Ford voted in favour and has since reinforced that promise in his committment to his new Arts & Culture Adviser Jeff Melanson, the executive director of Canada’s National Ballet School.

So?

Well, at least you half-agree. Lets see how stupid he actually gets.

Well, if the guy is supposed to save us as much tax money as he claims, he'd leave everything mostly where it is. The costs of cutting contracts would be so horrendous it would set the city back years.