The need for wefare reform..

Oleg Bach

As some of you know - I have placed myself into a type of adventure - and experiment of sorts and have become an in the field observer..of our "social service" system... Yesterday I was in the waiting area of the East Toronto welfare office - I took note of one particular person..who was clearly out of his mind on crack cocaine...This poor young man was literally bouncing of the walls and twitiching and doing the classic poisoned spinal column boogie...IF he were in the same shape on alcohol - the police would have been called, or perhaps an ambulance.

From what I over heard was that he was their to pick up a cheaque - He had a cab waiting outside..meter ticking away..I have seen many crack addicts but not as intensely intoxicated as this one - well after a while a bureacrat stepped out into the waiting area - which is not common - and personally handed this sick f*ck a cheque for 600 dollars - she knew full well it would be off to white trash money mart and then directly to the dope dealer - but with beautiful visions of liberal harm reduction and an unwavering tolerance of all that is evil - she gave OUR cash to this junkie knowing that NONE of the funds would go towards housing or food...

It appeared they were giving him enough money to kill himself - Is this the new way of economic management in the city of toronto regarding the crazy and poor? Just kill the bastards with a few bucks and a handshake..all I can say is what the hell is going on?

Spoke to a kid that works at the ministry of health - he said that the office is suddenly concerned about Oxycodone addiction ...I said call in the manufacturer...and remind him that money laundering of drugs though our social service system should be a no no .....Yes it all starts with the lowly welfare and ODSP client - who they dope up - addict - the tax payer pays for it...and the drug company profits - YET there is no profit sharing with the common public as far as this drug dealing is concerned..what a joke.