Climate Change: The Rational Argument

you strongly emphasized that, “people like me stop trying to take your money to pay for these hair brained schemes.” I assume you meant only the hair brained mitigation schemes – hey? In your acceptance to adaptation (only)… do you expect that none of “your money” will be used to pay for adaptation solutions… in particular global adaptation solutions?
I probably should have stated the problem differently. Governments only have so much to spend. If they spend $8 billion on useless windmills that is $8 billion that cannot be spent on upgrading the transformers in Etobicoke. The people of Toronto had to live with this kind of misallocation of resources this week.

The problem I have with CO2 mitigation schemes is I believe they will fail miserably as Kyoto has and will waste billions that could have been spent on much more worthwhile things. I am not interested 'trying them out' because we know from experience that these schemes create vested interests that make it impossible to cut the programs once there uselessness is proven. The only real option is to never create them in the first place.

Basically, I will support no program unless it has a reasonable chance of success and/or it is strictly short term and does not create a class of vested interests.

Edited by TimG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic