Animal rights wackos run rampant

Argus

Well, my dear American Woman, it seems we must agree to disagree.

All your points are well made and logical, as, I believe, are mine.

This is one of those issues that can be viewed from various angles, and I don't think there's any real wrong answer on this one.

IMHO, as long as they're not butchering the animal in front of these kids, most of whom have likely never witnessed such a spectacle and would probably be horrified, then I don't think it's such a bad thing.

You see it otherwise.

But according to the article, the kids seemed to be none too upset over it all, and all the activists and press seems to have made a bigger deal of the issue than either the kids or any of their parents.

Sorry, I seem to be attempting to further my arguments after agreeing to disagree.

My bad. :P

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
Well, my dear American Woman, it seems we must agree to disagree.

All your points are well made and logical, as, I believe, are mine.

This is one of those issues that can be viewed from various angles, and I don't think there's any real wrong answer on this one.

IMHO, as long as they're not butchering the animal in front of these kids, most of whom have likely never witnessed such a spectacle and would probably be horrified, then I don't think it's such a bad thing.

You see it otherwise.

But according to the article, the kids seemed to be none too upset over it all, and all the activists and press seems to have made a bigger deal of the issue than either the kids or any of their parents.

Sorry, I seem to be attempting to further my arguments after agreeing to disagree.

My bad. :P

Well, Dear Pocket Rocket, I do agree that we can agree to disagree over whether or not most children as young as seven are able to fully comprehend death or not :), but since the prevailing thought amongst those who have studied/worked with children re: death is that they aren't able to fully comprehend it, then that's sufficient grounds for parents to object-- and that has been my prevailing stand all along. My objective isn't to convince people that the studies are correct, only to point out that the studies give sufficient grounds for objection.

Edited by American Woman

Destroy a human beings' life - sell dope to kids - Lie and slander - that's okay...kill a lamb? Well no one likes killing anything but lamb is my favorite meat...the taste is ancient and very familar to me...This all go back to the general and orchestrated debasement of the human creature and culture - dogs are more loved than humans - a dog will lick up your blood if you are wounded...and if I saw a mutt or any creature even consider biting me or lapping up my precious bodily fluids ..I am going to kick the thing if no one is looking - IF you are more loyal to creatures that belong to another species then how are you ever going to be loyal to family or your friends? PETA is assisted by the same jerks that want to depopulate the world - wonder how PETA feels when gays say that gayness exists in other animals..are they insulted? I never heard of a dog going for the poop shoot...have you? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The worst animal rights nut was THE WOMAN THAT OWNED THE APE THAT ATE THE FACE AND HANDS OFF OF HER POOR NEIGHBOUR.....The woman has absolutely no regrets about her former neighbour not having a face or hands to speak of..this wicked idiot went on and on about how apes are the closest thing to us - how "we can give a monkey a blood transfusion and they can give their blood to us" This old hag had no remorse what so ever...If we are so much like the apes - and I wish we were - someone would lock this animal rights lady up - and send in a person who solely believes in human primal instincts - a person with big teeth with powerful arms who will eat her hands off and remove HER face - this person was a disgrace - a NUT! And a danger to the community - more so that even the monkey that was once her "friend" and pet.

They are raising these children to be farmers (of the animal slaughtering type), so it should come as no surprise that they are teaching them a lack of compassion towards animals.

The Nazis taught children a lack of compassion towards inferior races. This school appears to be teaching its children a lack of compassion towards animals. It is necessary if you want them to grow up to slaughter without remorse.

Even for those with no concern for animals, they are teaching these children that if you kill something, you can get rewarded.

That should disturb just about any responsible parent.

Guest TrueMetis

They are raising these children to be farmers (of the animal slaughtering type), so it should come as no surprise that they are teaching them a lack of compassion towards animals.

The Nazis taught children a lack of compassion towards inferior races. This school appears to be teaching its children a lack of compassion towards animals. It is necessary if you want them to grow up to slaughter without remorse.

Even for those with no concern for animals, they are teaching these children that if you kill something, you can get rewarded.

WTF are you talking about lack of compassion? They are slaughtering animals not torturing them to death. Animals are slaughter it happens a lot everyday. They aren't teaching them lack of compassion do you think any of these kids would harm those lambs for fun? Just becuase you can slaughter an animal doesn't mean that you feel no compassion for it, ask any hunter.

Edited by TrueMetis

When we killed the chickens on the farm, we were rewarded with a tasty meal. I don't think it disturbed my parents in the least - in fact, they felt pretty good about feeding their family. But then, they were animal slaughtering farmers, which you seem to have contempt for.

The Nazis taught children.....

I never thought Godwin's law would ever be seen in a discussion about simple, normal farming...

• 4 weeks later...

PETA is assisted by the same jerks that want to depopulate the world - wonder how PETA feels when gays say that gayness exists in other animals..are they insulted? I never heard of a dog going for the poop shoot...have you? :lol:

I'm not sure why PETA would be insulted by this...but it's not an opinion, that "gays say," that there is homosexuality in other animals. It's an incontestable fact.

Guest American Woman
I'm not sure why PETA would be insulted by this...but it's not an opinion, that "gays say," that there is homosexuality in other animals. It's an incontestable fact.

This is an interesting article about homosexuality in the animal world: 1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals.

"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species,"...